New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Launching Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: The patch is now available to download on Xbox One & PS4.

Greetings Terrarians! We’re happy to announce that a new patch will be releasing Tuesday, December 11th at 10:00AM (Pacific Time) on PS4 & Xbox One. Please keep in mind that it may take some time for the update to propagate to your console.

As we explained in our previous “State of the Game” posts, the team was focused primarily on a Unity Game Engine update. This was done to remove some tech debt that accumulated during development.

Think of it as game development housekeeping.

We were also able to address several noteworthy bugs that were reported by the community which you can check out below.

Multiplayer & Split-Screen Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where multiplayer players would be stuck in an infinite load after the host force quit Terraria.
  • Fixed several bugs that would occur from exiting and re-entering both split-screen and online multiplayer in different ways.
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to add the maximum number of split-screen players into a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a bug where accessories equipped or unequipped would not be reflected for either the host or other players in the session.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes freeze for the host when multiple players joined the game simultaneously.
  • Fixed a bug where the player would fail to navigate to a multiplayer session after accepting the invitation while they hosted a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed a few other crashes that occurred from different actions surrounding console invitations.
Wait how do you do splitscreen now?

Update: The patch is now available to download on Xbox One & PS4.

Greetings Terrarians! We’re happy to announce that a new patch will be releasing Tuesday, December 11th at 10:00AM (Pacific Time) on PS4 & Xbox One. Please keep in mind that it may take some time for the update to propagate to your console.

As we explained in our previous “State of the Game” posts, the team was focused primarily on a Unity Game Engine update. This was done to remove some tech debt that accumulated during development.

Think of it as game development housekeeping.

We were also able to address several noteworthy bugs that were reported by the community which you can check out below.

Multiplayer & Split-Screen Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where multiplayer players would be stuck in an infinite load after the host force quit Terraria.
  • Fixed several bugs that would occur from exiting and re-entering both split-screen and online multiplayer in different ways.
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to add the maximum number of split-screen players into a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a bug where accessories equipped or unequipped would not be reflected for either the host or other players in the session.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes freeze for the host when multiple players joined the game simultaneously.
  • Fixed a bug where the player would fail to navigate to a multiplayer session after accepting the invitation while they hosted a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed a few other crashes that occurred from different actions surrounding console invitations.
Functionality Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the crafting menu to not update when the player ran out of material while in auto-pause.
  • Fixed a couple of different bugs related to sign-in changes on Xbox One.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the cursor movement to become inconsistent when the extendo grip was equipped.
General Crash Fixes
  • Fixed several PS4 crashes that were reported via the System Crash Reporter.
    • Includes fix for Daybreak Weapon crash.
    • Includes fix for crashes that occurred while mining.
    • Includes other miscellaneous gameplay crashes.
Performance Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the frame-rate would drop drastically when the primary player would exit and rejoin a session several times.
Art & Text Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the defense stats of armors would flicker when equipped.
  • Fixed several localization bugs.
Is there any chance re-logic will ever integrate a ui scaling function into the game options? I've had this game for two years and dont play anymore because all of my hot bar items, mana and health are clipped. I've gone through 3 televisions in that time and none have had the ability to change the aspect ratio to fix this problem. This is the only game I own I've ever had this unsolvable issue with. I really love the game, your team did an excellent job and I would love to routinely enjoy this game once again, but will not play until I can see my items, mana, and health.
-thanks

Is there any chance re-logic will ever integrate a ui scaling function into the game options? I've had this game for two years and dont play anymore because all of my hot bar items, mana and health are clipped. I've gone through 3 televisions in that time and none have had the ability to change the aspect ratio to fix this problem. This is the only game I own I've ever had this unsolvable issue with. I really love the game, your team did an excellent job and I would love to routinely enjoy this game once again, but will not play until I can see my items, mana, and health.
-thanks

I know that Pipeworks is aware (RL does not directly develop for console) - in the meantime, I would be happy to help sort out how to get it working on whatever TV you have now. Its not really an aspect ratio setting, its overscan... and apparently, each TV mfg calls it something different... sometimes with even the same mfg calling it different things over time. -_-

Anyway, if you want to try and track this down together, shoot me a PM. :)

Hi, I'm not sure where to post this. Is it a developer bug if the terraria wii game won't let you play anymore? My son is 9 and has played terraria at every opportunity. It says no more progress and won't let him play anymore. I'm not sure if any of this means anything because I don't know what they are, but he said he had the terrablade, tacticle shotgun, cloriphite, shotbow, beatle shell, beatle leggings, beatle mask, obsidian shield, frostpark boots, lucky horse shoe, vampire knives rainbow gun, pirhanna gun, and a sniper rifle, a javlin the scorge of the corruptor, golden shower, magnets phere, and he got to the 96 defense level. Can anyone help me? I'm not a gamer and have absolutely no idea how to fix his game. Thank you!

It says no more progress and won't let him play anymore.
I'm assuming you are talking about the Wii U version, since that's what you indicated on your profile.

There won't be any further content updates for the Wii U, if that's what is meant by "progress". It should be playable as-is, though. There just won't be some of the content and features that are discussed in this thread.

If it's a technical issue (the game won't launch, can't load his character/world), that's a different issue, and we'd probably need more specific information such as the error messages he is seeing to help you further.

I still have issues involving Autosave. If Autosave is on, it has a chance to infinitely save. This means I have to lose all of my data and re-obtain it.

It is impossible to play with the gamepad, add keyboard and mouse support. Microsoft gave all the possibilities for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom