Terraria State of the Game - March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the duplicated worlds will be removed since the data files are now open to backup your worlds and characters manually

It's better creating a new expert world, making an already created world an expert mode world feels like cheating. Sorry buddy
the focus isn't trying to skip to the end of the game by already being op or to use this idea as a way to cheat past expert mode -- believe me I'd be the first person to argue against that. The idea is to upgrade worlds people have already spent years creating so those worlds won't lose their functionality and value. Ex: main/base worlds, arenas.

1.2 is already on mobile.

Galaxy... smh.. duh. No offense, but is English your first language? Genuinely curious because you seem so horribly confused.

My suggestion was, and I’ll try to be excruciatingly specific, people who own a Nintendo Switch but DO NOT own the mobile version can preorder the 1.3 Switch version and be given the current (1.2) version of mobile. This way, they could play a portable version (1.2 mobile) of Terraria until the switch version (1.3) is releases for the Switch.

Do you have any more comments that state the obvious?

Last edited:
Galaxy... smh.. duh. No offense, but is English your first language?
This is a fairly rude reply. Please exhibit more respect for others when posting here.

There is no reason to give free mobile versions to people who are waiting on the Switch version. The Switch version development is not funded by preorders; I don't even think such a thing exists. People waiting for the Switch version are not "owed" anything.

Google, Apple and Amazon get a hefty slice of mobile sales, so Re-Logic and 505Games would have to cover that expense in such a situation. I don't see that happening.

There is no reason to give free mobile versions to people who are waiting on the Switch version. The Switch version development is not funded by preorders; I don't even think such a thing exists. People waiting for the Switch version are not "owed" anything.

Google, Apple and Amazon get a hefty slice of mobile sales, so Re-Logic and 505Games would have to cover that expense in such a situation. I don't see that happening.

Let me start by apologizing to Galaxy, that response came out pretty crappy looking back at it. I was trying to understand why Galaxy was just basically just repeating me but I could’ve done better. Galaxy, sorry for being a jerk.

As far as your response goes TK, I didn’t mean to imply Switch owners were owed anything, that the expansion needed to be funded or anything like that. I just suggesting a type of bundling idea. Clearly I don’t understand the intricacies of such an idea though. Knowing what I know now, I see why that’s a silly suggestion.

I’m gonna go sit quietly in the corner now. Cheers

Galaxy... smh.. duh. No offense, but is English your first language? Genuinely curious because you seem so horribly confused.

My suggestion was, and I’ll try to be excruciatingly specific, people who own a Nintendo Switch but DO NOT own the mobile version can preorder the 1.3 Switch version and be given the current (1.2) version of mobile. This way, they could play a portable version (1.2 mobile) of Terraria until the switch version (1.3) is releases for the Switch.

Do you have any more comments that state the obvious?
It was slightly confusing as first it said 1.3 then 1.2.

It's April! Can't wait to see what are you bringing this month!

....... looking at the posts now I've noticed that the community isn't that clean. It gets toxic when it's about waiting for the update

....... looking at the posts now I've noticed that the community isn't that clean. It gets toxic when it's about waiting for the update
It’s not what the community is normally like at all. We have the nice section of the forum where everyone is just having a good time, and then we have the impatient people on these threads.
I don’t think I’d use the word “toxic”, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom