Introducing the Void Vault and Void Bag

Eh, I find that I very rarely modify my hotbar. The only time I add/change things on the hotbar once I get to, say, mid-hardmode is when I update a weapon or equipment (pickaxe, etc) or if I'm doing a lot of chopping trees down and temporarily swap a weapon for acorns or something.

As for getting stuff back out of chests, eh. I have my chests set up so that like materials are with each other, and the chests are within range of crafting machines. If I want to craft something, I open the appropriate chest that has the materials I need, I'm already standing next to the machine, and I can just craft the item without taking anything out of the chest 90% of the time.

As for real estate, I find that 4-5 chests will accept all of the crafting materials I ever need them to, and I use another 1-2 chests for biome blocks, and 2 more chests for alchemy ingredients/potions. And I make it all *very* compact, taking up little space.

I actually DO kinda like having to decide between giving up on stuff and going through the struggle of getting back where I was, especially early-game. BUT! I recognize that that's a rare opinion, and I'm happy that people who don't find that aspect engaging will have an option to just ignore it.

I actually DO kinda like having to decide between giving up on stuff and going through the struggle of getting back where I was, especially early-game. BUT! I recognize that that's a rare opinion, and I'm happy that people who don't find that aspect engaging will have an option to just ignore it.

Well that depends upon were exactly you get the crafting materials to make it.

If it's Post-Pillars, then this is a "nice thought, but...." type thing.

That, or "use the All Item map to make it before actually starting the game" type deal.

If the items and armor shown in the spoiler are anything to go by, I would guess it is an early hardmode item.
After all, why else would the only visible tier-based items (i.e. the gold furniture and the spider set) be of that point in progression? (I think someone else said something similar, but I couldn’t find them in the thread)

Then again, it might just be coincidence. Then again again the devs are awesome and I’m sure they carefully weighed where in the progression to put this.
I'm 100% positive these are going to be locked into early hardmode. My idea was that they would be related to the Goblin Army just based on the theme.

Hmm. That does make sense, if it were goblin army related. Though early Hardmode is still... a bit later than I wanted, lol. Pre-Hardmode Goblins woulda been an awesome idea.

I mean, once you do a goblin invasion once for the Goblin NPC, you have no reason to want further goblin invasions pre-Hardmode. At least there's the shadow knife or whatever that's called. But pre-hardmode? This would give a BIG reason as to why a player would want to farm up pop items.

Last edited:
Oh boy, now I can hear those Finding Nemo seagulls that are constantly yelling ”MINE MINE MINE!” for hours on end! The void bag is really cool and all, well done Re-Logic Terrarian seagulls will definitely be one of my favorite things that are coming to 1.3.6 (other than that goblin shark, of course. Who would forget about them? ~:p)

Hmm. That does make sense, if it were goblin army related. Though early Hardmode is still... a bit later than I wanted, lol. Pre-Hardmode Goblins woulda been an awesome idea.

I mean, once you do a goblin invasion once for the Goblin NPC, you have no reason to want further goblin invasions pre-Hardmode. At least there's the shadow knife or whatever that's called. But pre-hardmode? This would give a BIG reason as to why a player would want to farm up pop items.
My reasoning is this: The item seems similar in terms of design and themes to the Goblin Summoner drops. The safe is already locked behind hardmode, and that's no more complex than the piggy bank is. It just seems too complex and unique to really fit with most things in prehardmode. There seems to be quite a bit of disagreement as to when the worst point in the game in terms of inventory overflow, so it seems very YMMV, the Pirate Invasion in particular as shown in the spoiler drops an absurd amount of unique loot, and the same goes for the Solar Eclipse. I don't think any point in the game particularly stands out as the "I need this" point in the game. It's more just something that's generally useful. Also, I don't know if it's a specific hint or what, but the piggy bank and safe are already in the house where the bank is displayed.

I don't think any point in the game particularly stands out as the "I need this" point in the game. It's more just something that's generally useful.

Eh.

I dunno about you, I mean, to each their own, but I get tired of going to the jungle and filling up within 3 minutes and having to go aaaaaallll the way back and come back out to the jungle. Or the dungeon.

Eh.

I dunno about you, I mean, to each their own, but I get tired of going to the jungle and filling up within 3 minutes and having to go aaaaaallll the way back and come back out to the jungle. Or the dungeon.
Yeah, you've said as much several times in this thread. That's what I mean though. That's not my experience. My inventory starts overflowing at different points in the game. It's pretty much always useful, and I don't think any part of the game is immediately screaming for this to be added over any other.

Yeah, you've said as much several times in this thread. That's what I mean though. That's not my experience. My inventory starts overflowing at different points in the game. It's pretty much always useful, and I don't think any part of the game is immediately screaming for this to be added over any other.

That.....was kinda my point though -- it's "pretty much always useful" which means the earlier it is given, the better it is and the later it is given, then... the less useful it will feel when you finally do get it (that and/or people will just cheat and make them for subsequent characters/alts; I know I certainly would after the first time! The QoL is just too big to pass up).

That.....was kinda my point though -- it's "pretty much always useful" which means the earlier it is given, the better it is and the later it is given, then... the less useful it will feel when you finally do get it (that and/or people will just cheat and make them for subsequent characters/alts; I know I certainly would after the first time! The QoL is just too big to pass up).
I don't think an item being useful or good for QoL means it inherently should be distributed early. Why not just get the cellphone at the start? It doesn't affect how you would fight any bosses or enemies and it isn't particularly overpowered or anything. Of course that sounds silly, because working your way to better QoL is part of the game. (this item doesn't even seem especially life changing anyway, it's just another chest sized pocket inventory, automatically putting things in is the only difference)

I don't think an item being useful or good for QoL means it inherently should be distributed early. Why not just get the cellphone at the start? It doesn't affect how you would fight any bosses or enemies and it isn't particularly overpowered or anything. Of course that sounds silly, because working your way to better QoL is part of the game. (this item doesn't even seem especially life changing anyway, it's just another chest sized pocket inventory, automatically putting things in is the only difference)

To be fair, there are times I cheated in some items for the Cell Phone when they were being extremely annoying to get.

It depends on how far into the game the Void Vault's items are. Pre-Hardmode Goblin Invasion? I can wait for that. Moon Lord? *bleeeep* no.

Hardmode Goblins? Eh.... I dunno. Might do it on one character, but to be honest I would likely cheat it in for future characters. Most likely.

And yes, the automatic item grabbing is actually rather big. I regularly grab blood zombie statues just so I can work on the money trough, and in playthroughs I was lucky enough to get one early... I can tell you that having to manually summon the pig to stuff more junk in it is annoying and sometimes takes longer than it did to actually fill up on crap. Having this being done automatically without even summoning the thing? Heck yeah! That's a HUGE time-saver.

That, and yanno. Sometimes it takes 2,000 zombies to get a stupid trough (I have seen a playthrough once that it took me 2,500 zombies before the game finally gave me the stupid thing). Without the trough, you have to manually place and remove piggybanks from platforms or other furniture objects (likely platforms for inventory space reasons).

Without the trough, you have to manually place and remove piggybanks from platforms or other furniture objects (likely platforms for inventory space reasons).
You can actually put the piggybank on top of the safe.

In regards to the cheating to get QoL stuff, I don't really think that's something that the devs should probably care about when it comes to spreading out content throughout the game properly.

As far as I see it. I survived eight years without this. I can do without it for prehardmode.

2 suggestions for this:
• add bag slots (open-able with some F# keys), so bags don't actually fill up your backpack
• make the void storage flexible by placing multiple storages, so the bag fills them up sequentially.
- release the patch

Back
Top Bottom