Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

Emberflash26

Terrarian
Assuming that you're getting gear in the correct progress for these bosses and fighting them when you should be this is what I believe are the bosses in order of Easiest to Hardest.

King Slime
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Golem
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
The Twins
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron

Moon Lord

Put your opinions below.

15. King Slime
14. Eater of Worlds
13. Eye of Cthulhu
12. Queen Bee
11. Brain of Cthulhu
10. Golem
9. Skeletron
8. Wall of Flesh
7. Skeletron Prime
6. Destroyer
5. Lunatic Cultist
4. Duke Fishron
3. Twins
2. Plantera
1. Moon Lord

King Slime - Not a hard at all boss, considering he's affected by terrain and isn't immune to lava nor fire. Its only move is also jumping around, which is quite easily eluded.
Eater of Worlds - This boss only ever gives me trouble in Expert Mode, if anything. Its AI is literally the same as the worm enemy's. It's also quite slow, and its movement is predictable- it moves straight towards you and doesn't even try to form a full circle around you. This is a cakewalk, especially in the surface.
Brain of Cthulhu - Not that hard. Only fought it once, and it can be challenging to dodge at times, but it has relatively low health, so, fun, I guess. The creepers can be a nuisance against you with a weapon possessing a knockback of almost 0, but you'll most likely have a better weapon than that by the time you go fight it.
Queen Bee - Considering it only ever charges straight at you, and hovers above you sending bees, without it ever despawning depending on time, I feel like this boss is even easier than EoC. If you have rope or rocket boots or literally anything of the like, even a considerably good arena, its charge attacks are next to trivial. And the bees are only a pushover- they never affected my gameplay. If one does hit you, it sure can knock you around, though.
Eye of Cthulhu - It sends actually considerably notable servants after you, and chases you faster than EoW, and from any direction to any direction. Its servants drop hearts, at least. Its spawning requirements are quite low, but the first fight's timing is also RNG (and of course, luck)-based. Its second phase is more aggressive, but it doesn't spawn servants anymore.
The Destroyer - Yes, a mechanical hardmode boss is placed here. Why? Because I defeated it with a tool. Not really, but its probes are a huge disadvantage to it, seeing as they give health a lot of the time. Piercing weapons are almost unfair against this boss, because of how overpowered they are against it. It can also only go up to a certain height from ground blocks, so if you're above that limit, you can wish it good luck when it's desperately trying to hit you.
Skeletron - For some reason, I have a bit of trouble fighting this boss. It has only one spawning requirement, for it to be night (and for the old man to be present, but he's gonna be there). Its hands swing at you from both sides. However, when it has its hands eliminated, it's a really, really easy fight. So easy, in fact, that its only move is slowly spinning towards you. Very slowly. It can chase you at a considerable speed as well.
Wall of Flesh - This one mostly depends on the arena you've made, or not made. If it's a straight line, expect this to be a cakewalk. Its minions aren't very effective unless in Expert Mode. Its lasers can give trouble, but it mostly depends on the arena, again. In Expert Mode, its fastest speed is also really, really fast, but in normal mode, running boots will make its speed tolerable and possible to deal with in a fair manner.
Skeletron Prime - It's Skeletron again alright. I think the laser is the only limb I ever needed to get rid of, but I died to the cannon too, as its bombs weren't the most notable things in the dark. The vice and saw aren't very hard to deal with. The only worry you have is time, because if it runs out, it will kill you upon hitting you instantaneously. It's considerably quick to catch up to you too.
Plantera - This one very much depends on if you have a cobalt shield or not, and I did, so that's great. The first experience I had with Plantera was when its thorn balls dealt 120 damage, but that's no longer even nearly the case. Its seeds can be subtle or even camouflaged against the background of the jungle, but... well, nothing for the but. Anyway, while it's difficult, you just need a wide and open spot to fight it in, in order for a considerably successful battle (according to just me anyway).
The Twins - These are by far the most troublesome mechanical boss I came across, and while I think Spazmatism is tougher, Retinazer gave me quite a hard time as well. The problem with both isn't their first form at all, it's their second forms, and here's why- Spazmatism chases you and if it even gets near you, it shoots cursed flames which have a considerable damage and range. Retinazer was annoying with its lasers, but they were easy enough to dodge (just like the Wall of Flesh, a straight line as an arena should work).
Duke Fishron - Golly, this boss is definitely what I had the most deaths with. A straight line is an okay option, but Duke and his attacks are quite swift. You need to dodge and move around a lot, but the minimap is a great help when it comes to targeting. Most dying didn't really mean most challenging, as I tried the wrong strategy over and over again.
Golem - Its fireballs and lasers in such a small arena as the Jungle Temple is... at least its body was large, and wouldn't pass through solid blocks. Anyway, its hands were a cakewalk, but its second phase was no joke (for me, at least). The arena is the problem, and unless thanks to a generation error, you can't move the altar you use to summon the Golem.
Moon Lord - Now, the eyes give me trouble, but the so-called death beam doesn't even go through dirt blocks. Really? Anyway, most of its attacks are swift, and it can spam attacks, but if you have good enough wings or shoes, you'll just be running away from a wall of its attacks. It'll always keep up with you, you can't run away from it. It has multiple health bars assigned to body parts. And that's about it. Its targets' hitboxes aren't the biggest, but...
Lunatic Cultist - They're certainly bigger than Lunatic Cultist's. This boss is definitely what I had the most trouble with ever in the game, and its small body didn't help at all, and the fact it takes about a third less damage from homing projectiles didn't help at all! Its decays' summoned enemies are sometimes just another nuisance, its attacks are cleverly designed, it teleports ALL THE TIME, just what is with this maniac? Anyway, this is just an exaggeration- it does have its weaknesses too, such as its attacks being easy to avoid from a distance. Maybe I was just luckier with the Moon Lord, but the cultist was a tad harder overall, in my humble opinion.

I respect anyone's personal lists and opinions, and that concludes this, so cheers!

Because they fight it for real instead of cheesing it :dryadwink:

Eye of Cthulhu
King Slime
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Skeletron
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
Twins
Golem
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron
Moon Lord
He never said, "Write down the easiest to hardest bosses, NO CHEESING IT". Besides, if you can do it, than it's not cheating nor cheesing.

If cheesing is allowed, then all bets are off. As soon as you have enough defense, you can cheese literally any boss except the Moon Lord with a lava/obsidian rose combo. You can even set up an elaborate machine with fall damage or a slime statue to do it even earlier. So I think it’s safe to say that the list should not take cheesing into account, unless you really want to open that Pandora’s box.

He never said, "Write down the easiest to hardest bosses, NO CHEESING IT". Besides, if you can do it, than it's not cheating nor cheesing.
Relax, man. No one's blaming you for cheesing a boss. Plenty of people do. Even so, a lot of people do not, so it should make plenty of sense to you that they write this boss down as it being the hardest. Everyone plays the game in their own way.

Relax, man. No one's blaming you for cheesing a boss. Plenty of people do. Even so, a lot of people do not, so it should make plenty of sense to you that they write this boss down as it being the hardest. Everyone plays the game in their own way.
I never said I cheesed it. And I'm sorry if I sounded aggressive, but I had no intention of be angry.

I never said I cheesed it. And I'm sorry if I sounded aggressive, but I had no intention of be angry.
You pretty much have to cheese if you consider the Moon Lord the second easiest boss. ;)
But cheesing isn't a bad thing. As you pointed out yourself, the game allows it, so why not use it. Although I think it's fair that we at least call these kinds of tricks cheesing.

In order to get through Expert Mode I've used every trick in the book to make boss fights as easy as possible. Beating Plantera was basically a long railroad ride through the map, with an enraged Plantera racing after me while I plugged it with a rain of bullets.
Heck, I've built an arena, based on someone else's design, in order to slay the Moon Lord while being AFK. Nothing wrong with it. But very much cheese. :)

But I'm getting off-topic...

You pretty much have to cheese if you consider the Moon Lord the second easiest boss. ;)
But cheesing isn't a bad thing. As you pointed out yourself, the game allows it, so why not use it. Although I think it's fair that we at least call these kinds of tricks cheesing.

In order to get through Expert Mode I've used every trick in the book to make boss fights as easy as possible. Beating Plantera was basically a long railroad ride through the map, with an enraged Plantera racing after me while I plugged it with a rain of bullets.
Heck, I've built an arena, based on someone else's design, in order to slay the Moon Lord while being AFK. Nothing wrong with it. But very much cheese. :)

But I'm getting off-topic...
Listen, he never said what is the easiest to hardest boss that you've fought. He said easiest to hardest. I'm not saying I cheesed it, I'm not saying I didn't cheese it, what I'm saying is the difficulty of each boss in my opinion.

Dang why does everyone find golem hard
Golem - Its fireballs and lasers in such a small arena as the Jungle Temple is... at least its body was large, and wouldn't pass through solid blocks. Anyway, its hands were a cakewalk, but its second phase was no joke (for me, at least). The arena is the problem, and unless thanks to a generation error, you can't move the altar you use to summon the Golem.

Eye of Cthulhu
King Slime
Eater of Worlds
Brain of Cthulhu
Skeletron
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
Plantera
Twins
Golem
Lunatic Cultist
Duke Fishron
Moon Lord
King Slime
EoC
Brain of Cthulu
Eater of Worlds
Queen Bee
Wall of Flesh
Skeletron
Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
The Twins
Golem
Plantera
Lunatic Cultist
Fishron
Moon Lord

Dang why do people find Golem hard. All you need to do it break the pressure plates and keep jumping over Golem while attacking. You can beat it with Pre Mech Boss stuff

Dang why does everyone find golem hard

Dang why do people find Golem hard. All you need to do it break the pressure plates and keep jumping over Golem while attacking. You can beat it with Pre Mech Boss stuff
Also here's a small hifehack that makes Golem easier:
unknown.png

Just don't tell devs about it or they'll patch it!

Im on mobile but ill put pc bosses as i can imagine fighting them

Normal mode.
1.King slime (ofc i think even copper shortsword could kill it)
2.EOC (Flaming arrows or shurikens and silver armor destroys him)
3.EOW (Piercing weapons make him look like a joke)
4.BOC (he isnt immune to knockback so if u get the rotted fork from a crimson heart hes quite ez)
5.Queen Bee (you got a good source of healing in the start (HONEY)can be dodged with sandstorm in a bottle just use a platinum bow with fire arrows or jester arrows (to kill the bees quickly) with at least silver armor then ez win
5.skeletron prime (clockwork rifles with atleast silver bullets titanium armor and a gravitational potion or wings kill him [Dont go to high or a wyvern can ruin the fight])
6.skeletron (weirdly enough i put prime first but if ur bad at dodging and u dont have an arena hes hard even if u got crimson/corrupt tools)
7.Golem (i heard u can actually trap him in a cage LOL so u can do that and spam death sickle and avoid the lasers once he is low (its easier said than done those lasers are actually quite hard to dodge as soon as his head flies) or u can use actuators to destroy the altar and put it on an arena where u can fight him well without getting killed by traps)
8.the twins (seeing how most people kill the destroyer first you would have the megashark use crystal bullets or cursed bullets to make the job quicker and a big arena and enough speed you can beat them fast [if u didnt kill the destroyer yet use clockwork assault)
9.lunatic cultist (from what i see in videos his attacks are easy to dodge so using something like terra blade or tsunami with a high damaging arrow (OPTIONAL) and how he isnt really so tanky he could be killed fast but i dont really know how hard it is if he makes copies of himself and u hit the wrong one (for people fighting him the first time no research)
10. The destroyer (i think hes hard ONLY because i mostly rely on debuffs and hes immune to all of them but demon scythe bullies him if u can dodge the endless lasers after u make him low)
11.Moon lord (putting a block above u like wood can help u avoid his eye laser which would probably kill u most of the time + solar eruption goes through walls so you can still hit his top eye and as soon as all his eyes are dead you just have to dodge)
12.Plantera (hard only if u dont use arenas and u found the bulb on a small space if u can dodge frostbite armor (for frostburn) golden shower (for ichor debuff) any bow with flame arrows (to burn him) and a megashark with cursed arrows you can do it quickly)
13.Wall of flesh:Hes in a high spot mostly because laser spam when hes low and its not like there are enough hives in the jungle to kill him with beenades quickly becomes almost 5x harder without a bridge so the lava wont kill u using molten armor is recommended very hard to melee him so just use a molten fury with jesters arrow to kill the hungry or minishark (i dont remember if meteor shots pierce but if they do plz use them) to kill him
14.duke fishron (i almost forgot to put him): his drops are one of the best items for the lunar events so you should kill him hes very fast with high damage so dodging is hard and sharknadoes are annoying and i still havent killed him as a summoner after alot of tries to beat him just be one of those guys using vamp knives and beetle armor (unless the vamp knives were nerfed and i didnt know about that)

I feel like im missing a boss im not adding ocram the turkey guy or lepus because i just dont want to
Im not putting expert mode because i feel like my list will be too long especially because i put explanation
Just tell me if u hate the explanations ill remove them

Back
Top Bottom