Game Mechanics Wraparound in worlds

Toadoot

Terrarian
I think you could have an option in the world creation screen to enable wraparound in the worlds. This would cause a small problem with WoF, but you can't leave the Underworld, so you could tinker with the ends of it and make a temporary wall there, or disable it for the fight. It'd make boss fights easier in general too, which would be kind of lame, I guess, but I'm sure you could deal with the problem- there's various choices. Then again, there are already players who just strategize by running in one direction while firing a gun, and changing the direction isn't too hard.

Anyway, I'd like if you at least thought about it for a minute. Thanks. Also, not sure where actual requests are made, so I'm just putting this here.

Time or block limit the WoF. If not killed within X seconds or Y blocks, then it kills you automatically as if you ran out of space. Or have its speed slowly increase to the point where eventually, it's impossible to outrun it. There are similar time limits with some bosses and the night, for comparison.

Edit: Keeping in mind the fight is already technically easier on large worlds compared to small/medium because there's more space, the fight is already somewhat unfair. A limit common to all worlds regardless of size or wraparound could be a good thing.

Terraria does have atlantic cod and mentions Sweden. Holy crap, if you just let the crimson spread to the edge, the rest of the real world will have to deal with it!

I think you could have an option in the world creation screen to enable wraparound in the worlds. This would cause a small problem with WoF, but you can't leave the Underworld, so you could tinker with the ends of it and make a temporary wall there, or disable it for the fight. It'd make boss fights easier in general too, which would be kind of lame, I guess, but I'm sure you could deal with the problem- there's various choices. Then again, there are already players who just strategize by running in one direction while firing a gun, and changing the direction isn't too hard.

Anyway, I'd like if you at least thought about it for a minute. Thanks. Also, not sure where actual requests are made, so I'm just putting this here.
I also have always wished this was a thing, 110% support :D
Might be hard to program...
Eh I don't think so, just make the map seamless, moving past the "mid-point" of the ocean just makes your character appear on the other side of the map.

This is a fantastic idea, unfortunately not something that is really possible with current Terraria code. Definitely something that would be addressed in a future Terraria title if one were to ever happen. ;)

I'm absolutely gleeful to hear that you like the idea, and that it'll be addressed in the future if another Terraria title comes out! It's a bummer that it's not currently possible, but it's really meaningful to me that I have been listened to. Thank you for your feedback on this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom