Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
upload_2019-4-18_10-38-14.png

Greetings Terrarians!

Welcome to the the latest Terraria community update on development progress across all active platforms! A ton of progress is being made, and things are really starting to come together - we are hopeful that we will be able to have some of this in your hands soon. That said, on with the latest news....

PS4 & XBOX ONE - PIPEWORKS
Hello everyone! Here with an update on 1.3.1 for Consoles... which has taken a bit longer than we had figured, but will be worth the wait!

• QA will be reviewing a stage build later this week for the 1.3.1 update on consoles. For those unaware, stage builds are generated late in the QA phase to ensure that the game can be tested in a situation as close to a live game environment as possible.
  • Once QA has tested the stage build and the development team has resolved any outstanding issues that may appear as a result, we will be submitting the update into submission. Exciting!
Outside of the features that will be arriving in the new update which we covered here, the community can also expect some bug fixes. We’ll make sure to cover all the details in our patch notes as the update goes live.

As usual, we will let the community know once everything has been prepped and submitted, and of course when it goes live. Hopefully not long now!

index.php

SWITCH - PIPEWORKS

Another month is in the books, and there’s been a lot of progress going on for the Nintendo Switch version behind-the-scenes.

As we stated in a previous update, the team is working directly with Redigit and the rest of the Re-Logic team on a feedback list they’ve provided, and work on that is nearly complete. We anticipate there will be a bit more back and forth and tweaks made as we near a final review by Re-Logic and our QA teams.

Part of this feedback encompasses touch support refinement. There’s a ton of work going on to make sure that there’s a nice blend between controller and mobile-style touch input. These changes should really improve both crafting and inventory sorting.

Now, let’s talk about the Switch submission process. We’ve completed an initial submission with Nintendo. This means that Nintendo has had the opportunity to poke and prod the build as well as provide feedback. Typically, this is referred to as a pre-check, prior to a final submission. The team is currently working through those outstanding bugs reported by Nintendo.

Without divulging too many details this went very well with a very low bug count. All that remains is the final polish, QA checks, and we’re off to the races.

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Happy April everyone! In case you missed our earlier announcement, Terraria 1.3 for Mobile has officially reached the Alpha stage! That's right, all of the necessary features and content are now in the game, so the team's focus has shifted towards polish, tweaking, and optimization in order to get the game ready for Beta and eventual release. For this month's feature, we wanted to show off a good friend of ours - someone that a lot of you have been asking about, especially in regards to how he could possibly fit onto a mobile device screen. Well, without further delay, say hello to the Moon Lord!

upload_2019-4-16_11-59-40.png

In addition to the full-size lunar boss seen above, you will also probably note a handful of those ongoing tweaks/improvements that we mentioned. The Grapplestick is back in action, and we have made a lot of effort towards freeing up more gameplay space by lessening the clutter. In this screen, you can see that even with a full twenty buffs active and a PDA in inventory, there is plenty of visible space for the player to wage battle against this alien foe. Not only that, but you will also note that some of the PDA's info items have been toggled off, and the player has the ability to hide the minimap as they see fit.

All of this together allows for an on-the-fly customizable viewspace that the player can adjust to fit each situation while maximizing the main gameplay space at all times.

For those who have signed up for the very selective closed Beta, thanks for your interest! For those who haven't, there is still time to register. Everything is starting to get very exciting, but we do not have a time estimate yet on when the Beta will be ready or who will be chosen for the Beta - so we just ask that you stay patient and we will make an announcement when we are ready to move to the next stage in the Beta process.

We hope you like what you see, and we cannot wait to get the final launch version into everyone's hands soon - hopefully that won't be too much longer.

Until next month, we hope the springtime weather treats you well!

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC
In case you missed it, over the past several weeks, several of the members of the Re-Logic team have been taking time to hang out on the official Terraria Discord Server (Join the Terraria Discord Server!)! Tons of crazy chats, wild stories, discussions about the game - and yes, even the occasional spoiler - are there for everyone to enjoy. We really love getting to know our community better, so make it a point to stop by sometime to say hello and join in!
upload_2019-4-17_14-8-2.png
TERRARIA DISCORD SERVER (Click the Image to Join/Visit!)

(Re-Logic devs tend to hang out in the Terraria-Chat-1 channel when we are on)

In the meantime, we wanted to share some of the 1.3.6 spoilers that have been handed out on Discord over the last few weeks so that no one is left behind! So, without further delay, here are those spoilers...

First off, a lot of spoilers on Discord take the form of answers in text chat... we have grabbed the best for you in the expandable spoiler below!

upload_2019-4-15_11-59-17.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_11-59-25.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_11-59-35.jpeg

index.php

upload_2019-4-15_11-59-42.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_11-59-47.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_11-59-55.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-0-2.jpeg

index.php

upload_2019-4-15_12-1-17.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-1-22.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-1-30.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-1-38.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-1-44.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-1-52.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-1-57.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-2-3.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-2-55.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-3-0.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-3-6.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-3-11.jpeg

upload_2019-4-15_12-3-21.jpeg

index.php

upload_2019-4-15_12-4-20.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-4-28.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-4-35.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-4-40.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-4-46.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-4-55.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-5-1.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-5-10.png

upload_2019-4-15_12-5-17.png

Second, our team has shared some cool new visuals for everyone to enjoy - primarily of new items that are coming your way!

A "Work in Progress" New Summoner Staff
6JkziHS.gif

index.php

Rainbow Trail
WrHF6Ln.gif

index.php

Tossing... Something... in the Water?

As2msu0.gif

index.php

Glowing Bats

sCwKYL7.gif

index.php

index.php

COMMUNITY
The official Terraria lore has baffled the Terraria community since the dawn on Terrariakind on May 16, 2011. We are ecstatic to announce that on the upcoming Terraria anniversary, for the first time, we will be giving a peak into the epic story behind Terraria! Stay tuned, because all Terrarians will not want to miss being a part of this live event as it unfolds!

We cannot express enough how much fun we are having in the official Terraria Discord server. Furthermore, judging by the fact that we have grown to become a top ten Discord Discovery server, we get the idea that our community is having a blast as well.

upload_2019-4-17_14-5-33.png

In honor of reaching 100k members today we ask all Terrarians to come join us and take part in all the fun. In addition to getting to interact with the team behind Terraria, we also have tons of fun events, in-game meetups, lore discussions, giveaways, and so much more!

After you join the official Terraria Discord server, make sure you read the community rules and verify your account, or you will not have access to all the exciting community channels available.

Last edited:
This is incredible. Thank you devs so much for your continued support on all versions of Terraria, very cool.

Wow, this is great! So much stuff and this is just a 1.3.x update, not a 1.4. Man, you are adding a lot and I cannot wait to see all of it!

Say, is there a ballet vanity set planned? I don't know, I feel like one could be nice?

Eitherway, I am excited! :)

Why am I typing this during my college class? Because of hype! Either way, seeing more good news for all the platforms is always a treat! Keep up the good work devs! We’ll be chatting about this for another month before the next SotG appears, and Moon Lord looks great in a phone screen! Can’t wait to loot him like crazy! (I also like that cool banner at the top, too! Very fitting for a celebration, which this is one! ~:p)

P.S: That’s a ton of buffs you got there, tester! ~:p

Last edited:
Where are ma' fixed walls!
Jk. It's really cool how close we are of the update! I can expect a lot of fun when I finally have it in my hands ^^

I am extremely hyped. Going to play Terraria with my girlfriend and given that she had never played Terraria, I am really excited that 1.3.6 has so many QoL improvements in addition to these marvelous new additions!

I am sure she would like it. Hopefully the update releases not too long after her birthday.

1.3.6? More like 1.4.0.
I recently got a email from a forum thread I was watching (PC update.. well, this thread here) that said "1.3.6 is canceled". But when I clicked on it, it redirect me to other random threads about mods. I don't know what happened here, the only thread I watch is the one that PC update are made. Maybe that has to do with it ? 1.3.6 is canceled because there is so many thing that it should just be 1.4 at this point.

That email is not reality:

1. Nothing is cancelled

2. Omni is an admin working behind the scenes on TCF upgrades (he was the one that fixed the forum issues already)

3. He is working on an even bigger set of upgrades - in testing that, he posted a joke thread.... and forgot to untick the send emails box

4. So - you got an email.... but you cant see the thread

and that is all it is - sorry for the confusion
Oh well, atleast there is that. Thanks for the "debunking" that !

If there's a closed beta for Mobile, does that mean there will be a closed beta for Switch? if so, I'd love to sign up immediately :happy:. Thanks for all your hard work!
I don't think that to them to decide that. I think that it is Nintendo that need to decide wheter or not they allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom