tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you at least be able to give an estimate on how much is done so far? I remember 2 or so months back you said , as a rough estimate, the mod was ~75% done, 50% if you counted testing. I'd just like to know where we're at now, so I have an idea of how much longer we have left to wait
It hasn't been progressing as fast as I'd like. I'd say it's only increased to ~80% done minus testing (~60% with testing).

But you do not have the file of the version 1.2.4.1 mod, if you have it you can send me the download url
If you really want it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7i7t635sadg34l/Metroid Mod 2_0.zip?dl=0
You need tAPI to make this version work, but don't be surprised if you can't get tAPI working.

Out of sheer friendly curiosity, have you considered releasing versions that only test current individual content that just leaves off certain parts of it to give people something to play with? Or is it a hype thing, and people should get a full experience as their first (new) experience? Obviously it would leave off certain upgrades, such as items dropped by bosses (Whether existent or not) that let you craft certain items.)

Even without any bosses, town NPCs, terrain, special events, or new biomes, just having the full array of content that's already virtually complete is pretty darn amazing. Taking the following from post #191, ...

Weapons: 99%
Abilities/Powerups: 99%
Armor: 99%
Enemies: 50%-ish
Bosses: 80%
World Generation: 25%
Town NPC: 50%

Even if just the first three were included as-is in an alpha release, with a note that many things isn't complete would be dandy to tide people over. The mod features the sort of "Quality" and attention to detail that only Calamity or Thorium can match if you equate quantity with quality.

Or, going deeper with it on a philosophical level, is there a concern that if you have a "release" there might be a dip in further motivation to finish it? I could appreciate that too. "Hunger is the greatest sauce" after all.

It's just really nice to see so many people vying for a release of some sort. Popularity sucks, huh. :p

Please let us know if it's possible the public can help out somehow. It's a whole 'nother can of worms, but you never know.

I'm not a Metriod fan, I'm just waiting for this because it looks super fresh and interesting VS anything we'rve seen so far in Terraria.
And honestly that's already a huge undertaking, I'd prefer to wait and get a well made mod VS a rushed one.

I think my bane is that I'm a perfectionist. Releasing anything half-assed has always stood as a firm "no" in my mind, especially when I see games like Anthem or Bethesda games get released with so many bugs and little polish. Granted, that's a silly comparison, since what we're working on is a simple fan mod project and not a triple A title, but it still steams me that such games actually make it to the market with little quality control.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it or over-exaggerating. Of course, a mod or game can never be "perfect", but right now I don't think I'm comfortable releasing this mod as-is.

I think my bane is that I'm a perfectionist. Releasing anything half-assed has always stood as a firm "no" in my mind, especially when I see games like Anthem or Bethesda games get released with so many bugs and little polish. Granted, that's a silly comparison, since what we're working on is a simple fan mod project and not a triple A title, but it still steams me that such games actually make it to the market with little quality control.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it or over-exaggerating. Of course, a mod or game can never be "perfect", but right now I don't think I'm comfortable releasing this mod as-is.
That's a perfect mentality, I've had it too and in the end it led up to me not releasing anything.
But, that's me not being social unlike you.

I think that comparison is a prefect example, back in the day you needed to prove your mettle to a publisher to get anywhere, now-a-days that anyone can self-publish games the QA has fallen so far; to care about quailty is a good nature to have and I'm sure you'll deliver Scoot, it looks amazing so far!

Even the tAPI version was perfect enough to fuel these years of hype. Missing/incomplete features in a mod aren't flaws, they just aren't yet content. I've seen your Game Maker work and played the hell out of your original release so I know you've got nothing to worry about.

Even the tAPI version was perfect enough to fuel these years of hype. Missing/incomplete features in a mod aren't flaws, they just aren't yet content. I've seen your Game Maker work and played the hell out of your original release so I know you've got nothing to worry about.
Game Maker oh boy, that brings back memories. Until the software was bought and the community was more-or-less driven out by those who created it in the first place.
Game Maker died for me after that point and I still had alot of unfinished projects.

Game maker was Good times (not so much the death of the community and the introduction of the crap known as a Studio, but that point in my life before than) I just know this mod is gonna be great!

Game Maker oh boy, that brings back memories. Until the software was bought and the community was more-or-less driven out by those who created it in the first place.
Game Maker died for me after that point and I still had alot of unfinished projects.

Game maker was Good times (not so much the death of the community and the introduction of the crap known as a Studio, but that point in my life before than) I just know this mod is gonna be great!
didnt the crap know as studio bring all the actually encrypted stuff?
nvm not the place to talk about it

didnt the crap know as studio bring all the actually encrypted stuff?
nvm not the place to talk about it
Donno about encrypted but it removed a TON of features to make it mobile compatible and costed a lot more.
My real problem though was Yoyogames purging their site of all user made creations, forcing people to go to gamejolt as all they cared about at this point was money.
It was extremely scummy.

But yeah, enough off topic, just old memories of mine.

You know, this just occurred to me.
After all this Metroid dedication has come to fruition, what is going to be your next big interest in the future?

Hi, new here. MASSIVE Metroid fan. I want to install the wave bank, but i have no clue how. can i get some help?
Oof. The wave bank hasn't been updated in some time. It's missing the sandstorm and the Old One's Army tracks, so even if you did install it, I believe it would just make all music silent (or at least, that's my previous experience with wave banks that were missing tracks).

Luckily, however Jeffcole1 was able to make an updated version. I still need to get around to making an updated version myself, as I've discovered some new tracks that I want to replace old ones with.

For those unaware, 1.3.4 added three new tracks (Rain SFX, Sandstorm and Old One's Army), which broke wavebanks for previous versions. So I decided to make a new one, adding new tracks (and moving an existing one) to fill the new spaces. For completeness' sake, I've included the entire list below.

Download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cimay8jzhb3mthu/Wave Bank.xwb?dl=0

1. Night: MP2 - Agon Wastes
2. Eerie: SM - Upper Norfair "Hunted by the Horde" Remix
3. Day: M2 - Tunnels (AM2R Mix)
4. Boss 1: MP1 - Meta Ridley Battle
5. Title: MP3 - Title (Metroid Reorchestrated)
6. Jungle: SM - Green Brinstar (http://www.woohaweb.com/midiremakes/)
7. Corruption: MP - Phazon Mines
8. Hallow: MP3 - Skytown, Elysia
9. Underground Corruption: MP3 - Phaaze
10. Underground Hallow: MP - Crashed Frigate "Sunken Dreams" Remix
11. Boss 2: MP2 - Emperor Ing Battle Phase 2
12. Underground: MZM - Kraid's Lair Remastered
13. Boss 3: SM - Kraid/Crocomire/Phantoon Battle Remastered Mix
14. Snow: MP - Phendrana Drifts
15. Space: MP - Phendrana Drifts Chozo Temple
16. Crimson: MP2 - Dark Torvus Bog
17. Boss 4: MP2 - Quadraxis Battle "Sanctuary Sentinel" Remix
18. Day Alt: SM - Theme of Samus Aran (Orchestra Remix)
19. Rain: MP2 - Torvus Bog Remix
20. Ice: MP - Phendrana Drifts Depths
21. Desert: MP - Chozo Ruins
22. Ocean: MP - Tallon Overworld
23. Dungeon: SM - Lower Maridia Remix
24. Plantera: MF - Serris/Yakuza Battle Redux
25. Boss 5: MP2 - Adult Chykka Battle (Torizo Mix)
26. Temple: SM - Upper Maridia Remix
27. Solar Eclipse: MF - Nightmare Battle Remix
28. Rain SFX: Light Rain Loop by soundrecorder7
29. Mushroom: SM - Red Brinstar "Mechanical Crimson Soil" Remix
30. Pumpkin Moon: MF - Sector 1 "The Downward Spiral" Remix
31. Underground Alt: M2 - Ancient Chozo Ruins (AMR2 Mix)
32. Frost Moon: MP3 - Rundas Battle Rock Remix
33. Underground Crimson: MP2 - Dark Torvus Bog Underground
34. Lunar Event: MP2 "Hostile Shadows" Remix Medley
35. Pirate Invasion: MP2 - Space Pirates Main
36. Hell: SM - Lower Norfair Orchestral Remix
37. Martian Madness: MP - Hive Mecha "Determine Your Limits" Remix
38. Final Boss: SM - Mother Brain Battle "Unforeseen Conclusion" Remix
39. Goblin Event: MP - Space Pirates "Late Dreaded Arrival" Remix
40. Sandstorm: MP - Chozo Ruins Depths
41. Old One's Army: MP - Thardus Battle
Anyway, if you want it to use it, just download it, then place it in this folder:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Content
This is the steam location. I have no idea where it'd be if you got Terraria on GOG, though.
Be sure to backup the file already in there if you ever want to go back to regular Terraria music.

Anyway, if you want it to use it, just download it, then place it in this folder:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria\Content
This is the steam location. I have no idea where it'd be if you got Terraria on GOG, though.
Be sure to backup the file already in there if you ever want to go back to regular Terraria music.

TYSM! I am really excited with how this mod is looking, and I will wait through hell and high storm for its release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom