tModLoader Magic Storage

Anybody here using AqlaSolutions' version know why the Crafting Interface is showing EVERY SINGLE RECIPE IN THE GAME?

having same crash problem as lookmanohands
been playing for few days already, but only today finally crafted mod items, but as soon as i open storage heart or crafting interface - game crashes

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 226
having same crash problem as lookmanohands
been playing for few days already, but only today finally crafted mod items, but as soon as i open storage heart or crafting interface - game crashes
I've noticed this issue usually happens if you reload your mods and then open any storage interface. Restarting your game after reloading mods should help, unless you crash everytime, reload or not.

Okay, so this may be a specific bug, but I am trying to play with my friends that are on Mac and Windows, but the Mac players don't have access to the magic storage. Is this a fixable bug?

I've noticed this issue usually happens if you reload your mods and then open any storage interface. Restarting your game after reloading mods should help, unless you crash everytime, reload or not.
crashing every time
at this point i tried pretty much everything, clean reinstall, no mods other than modloader and magic storage, new worlds, new characters, but no luck

I once made sure that i only had magic storage installed and i still could not craft the crafting interface so it can't be a mod conflict

i was logging onto my world and made a weapon then logged off to do something. Later logged back in to find that all of the storage blocks have gone invisible and i cant access my storage anymore. all of my items are gone, where my cursor is is where my storage was and the heart too. but i was allowed to get the access back and crafting,but all it says is that there is no heart and all my items are gone
20190321152453_1.jpg

I am running into an error (and I'm not sure the proper place to report it) where every time I try to place a magic storage system in my world, then try to save and exit the world, my game crashes without saving the world. This is a problem for me, as I have used the mod perfectly well in the past, and I really like/would like to use it.

Hey is it possible if you made it so that i can access the magic storage in 800:600 res? Cause when i use the magic storage i can't see anything thus i can't craft anything

i was logging onto my world and made a weapon then logged off to do something. Later logged back in to find that all of the storage blocks have gone invisible and i cant access my storage anymore. all of my items are gone, where my cursor is is where my storage was and the heart too. but i was allowed to get the access back and crafting,but all it says is that there is no heart and all my items are goneView attachment 218392
what's the level mod called?

Hey! This mod is awesome, and it takes care of a whole lot of issues I've had with vanilla Terraria (namely having all of my items immediately accessible via a single storage interface and being able to draw upon all of my storage for crafting materials). I've run into a problem however, which I can only reason is somehow tied to Mono. Specifically, Magic Storage, on a Linux server, with no mods enabled, causes... issues. I can place the Storage Heart and Unit, but interacting with the Unit causes all of my cosmetic equipment to be disabled (not unequipped; dyes still appear, however), and interacting with the Heart shows that no Units are connected. Logging out and back in causes a large chunk of the world to not load in properly on the client (note that no server restart happened; it's something about the communication between the client and server).

The reason I came to the conclusion I did is because of some testing:
Both the Windows client and the Linux server are running the most recent version of tModLoader (0.10.1.5 as of writing).
Testing in Singleplayer (on Windows) with my normal mod setup worked fine.
Testing in Multiplayer (via Host & Play) with my normal mod setup worked fine.
Testing in Multiplayer (on the remote Linux box) with only Magic Storage enabled still had the same problems.

I did notice, however, that trying to interact with the Storage Unit caused a message in the server console, something like "Error on Terraria.MessageBuffer" (I don't have the exact phrasing on hand; it seems to have subsequently deleted the log file that this showed up in).
The only difference I can think of between my version of Terraria and the Linux server's version is that the server is using Mono to emulate the .NET library, whereas Windows is running it directly.

If it is an issue with Mono, then those running MacOS should be able to reproduce the issue. If someone could get back to me on what's going on here, I'd be grateful (trying to play Calamity with my friends is going to be a lot more tedious without Magic Storage). I could also just be going insane and my guess as to what's happening is completely wrong, so feel free to correct me on anything I missed.

so i used to use the mod and it was great, recently i reinstalled terraria and tmodloader and loaded up and downloaded my old favorites, this one among them. however, when i put crafting stations inside the crafting interface, i can tell (i think) that they are connected, because it shows the number of items in my storage containers, but i cannot see any recipes. right clicking it also opens my inventory, and via the screenshots on the main page im not sure if that is supposed to happen?
upload_2019-4-13_21-0-39.png

it shows the word recipes, but i cannot see any and my inventory is taking up space above it. i can really only see half of the menu because my inventory opens up as well. i have tried disabling all mods besides magic storage and it is the same, even in a new world. i am running the fully updated terraria, tmodloader 10.1.5, and magic storage 4.3.3

Hi i love this mod i just found it but i have a question you see i'm using a good amount of mods that add more crafting stations is there a way to hook up more then 10 stations to a magic storage? so like say i could have all the stations hooked up if the time comes i get them all?

Doesn't work in multiplayer...... just toggles cosmetics when you try to open the " "chest" " ;(

I had this same issue with my friend, and i think it was because of a mismatch between the mods.
So i am hosting on a pc, but my friend is playing on a mac, and we found that he could not access the same storage that i could, but he could use the crafting interface. when he used the storage heart it would switch his vanity stuff. We also noticed that he could deposit things into the remote storage access (yellow one) and it would dissappear on his screen, but could be found in the storage on my screen.
dunno how or why, but just a couple of things that I found
we spent an hour 4/17/19 wondering why the storage was broke, before going back to the old chest basement

I had this same issue with my friend, and i think it was because of a mismatch between the mods.
So i am hosting on a pc, but my friend is playing on a mac, and we found that he could not access the same storage that i could, but he could use the crafting interface. when he used the storage heart it would switch his vanity stuff. We also noticed that he could deposit things into the remote storage access (yellow one) and it would dissappear on his screen, but could be found in the storage on my screen.
dunno how or why, but just a couple of things that I found
we spent an hour 4/17/19 wondering why the storage was broke, before going back to the old chest basement

You could be on to something. That sounds like the exact same issue I had. Let my try connecting to my Linux server from my Linux client box and see if I can reproduce the issue.

-----EDIT #1-----
It's definitely something related to non-Windows computers, then. I just tried connecting to both a Linux server and a Windows server via a Linux client, and both times the client failed to load. At this point I really do believe it's something with the Mono that Terraria ships with. Any chance you could get your friend to host a server with Magic Storage and see if you end up with the same issue?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom