Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Why do you require users to resign in to Steam through your launcher? Sorry, I'm only trusting Steam with my Steam credentials. Once this changes, I'd love to try your mod, but as it stands now, this is totally insecure.
We use your steam ID for our authentication. The steam sign in window is steam's official third party sign in portal; we don't receive any of your login details as that is all handled securely by steam. Feel free to check the web request transmission source if you're not sure, but I can tell you that this is not malicious, and thousands of users have signed in with no issues.
We do not plan to remove steam authentication.

We use your steam ID for our authentication. The steam sign in window is steam's official third party sign in portal; we don't receive any of your login details as that is all handled securely by steam. Feel free to check the web request transmission source if you're not sure, but I can tell you that this is not malicious, and thousands of users have signed in with no issues.
We do not plan to remove steam authentication.

Well that's too bad. While you might think your methods are harmless, I have to agree with others in this thread that these methods are suspicious and completely unnecessary. It sets a dangerous precedent, and opens up a lot of people to potential abuse. I also agree that just because 1000s of people are doing it doesn't equate safety or security. It's too bad, but I'll keep my Steam information private.

Well that's too bad. While you might think your methods are harmless, I have to agree with others in this thread that these methods are suspicious and completely unnecessary. It sets a dangerous precedent, and opens up a lot of people to potential abuse. I also agree that just because 1000s of people are doing it doesn't equate safety or security. It's too bad, but I'll keep my Steam information private.
That's completley fine! We're not forcing you to play the mod afterall.

I liked this launcher. I hope that the project will develop.
I have a questions:
1. is it possible in the future to add the ability to run the same tmodloader by specifying the path?
2. Will STW be translated into other languages?
3. Will it be possible to create multiple characters? As well as a way to visually see their appearance online, right in the Launcher, without starting the game? (yes, I really liked your launcher :dryadpassionate:)

p.s. Sorry if the answers to these questions have already been. I do not speak English and use the translation.

I liked this launcher. I hope that the project will develop.
I have a questions:
1. is it possible in the future to add the ability to run the same tmodloader by specifying the path?
2. Will STW be translated into other languages?
3. Will it be possible to create multiple characters? As well as a way to visually see their appearance online, right in the Launcher, without starting the game? (yes, I really liked your launcher :dryadpassionate:)

p.s. Sorry if the answers to these questions have already been. I do not speak English and use the translation.
1) Sorry, not sure what you mean here
2) Eventually I would like to see it translated - though we will need volunteers to help us!
3) you will be able to create multiple characters eventually. I don't think you'll be able to see them in the launcher.

1) Sorry, not sure what you mean here
Google translator unsuccessfully translated my first question. But I wanted to show it in pictures. :dryadsmile:
Screenshot_6.1551351232.png

Screenshot_7.1551351285.png

Idea concept :D

Release 0.3.5.5

March 8th, 2019

Welcome to the first patch of March 2019! We've been hard at work putting the extra polish on Super Terraria World and tracking down some really nasty bugs.
Going forward, we'll be trying to release a new patch every two weeks, regardless of how much we've been able to change.
We hope that this consistency will help drive the overall quality of Super Terraria World, and give you players a better insight towards the development.
We have exciting plans for the next few months, including the exciting conclusion to the Dryad's Distress Quest, so stay tuned!
New Content
Items
In your adventures, you may come across some players wearing the brand new Founders Hat!
This hat is a special reward given to Patrons who pledged before the Open Beta, as a sign of appreciation for their bravery and commitment in the early days of Super Terraria World.
unknown.png

Changes
Quests
New players and characters should have fewer Tutorial Troubles as we've made a particular area more responsive.
In Sivania, we've cleaned up a few spelling mistakes within the Temple of Ra quest log, and the Corrupt Cultists in
Dryad's Distress should stop calling for extra reinforcements and running away from the battle.

NPCs
Bats and Bees should now cause less trouble for the unsuspecting player with lower health and damage,
but we've given bees few new tricks, being both smaller in size and gaining the ability to fly through leaf tiles.

Gameplay
Arrows:
We've taken out the ability to salvage arrows, which will result in much less clutter on the ground, but unfortunately make your arrow supply dwindle quite a bit quicker.
We'll be looking at more interesting ways to preserve your precious ammunition in the future, but for now you'll want to craft some extras!
Spears:
Spears have been the obvious choice in terms of raw damage output due to their ability to strike multiple times, so we've
had to change them to strike enemies fewer times overall. We still like the idea of landing multiple hits with some well timed spear attacks,
so the well practiced spear slingers should still be able to get in an extra strike or two.

General
  • Improved the "Missing Tile Data" error text
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when drawing projectiles
  • Fixed a bug that caused local ore nodes to be different than the ore node on the server
  • Certain buffs will no longer persist through death, resolving several sound-related issues.

halp me pls.
installed stw and did the installation and whatnot, but when it was supposed to prompt me for steam, it opened a window with a white screen

Release 0.3.5.6

Mar 22nd, 2019

Welcome to the second patch of March 2019!
This is our first step towards a consistent release cycle, and a good showcase of the caveats of that.
There is no new content with this release update, and only a couple minor bugfixes, which we know will come as a disappointment.
While we have some amazing content in the pipeline, unfortunately we've gotten a bit side tracked these past few weeks.
We are deciding to go forward with this release to enforce our cycle, and to maintain communication and transparency with you all.

So what happened?
After being hit with our Server bill from February, we realized we were way over cost.
In order to sustain open server development, we had to prioritize getting these under control.
We sent a lot of data in February. A LOT. Which is awesome, because it shows how much people were playing!
We made a design decision to be a bit 'dumb' about how we send this data early on so that we'd have a better time understanding it as we developed.
There would always be a day where we'd have to be smarter about how and what data we sent, and unfortunately that day is today.
Hopefully the re-architecture will go smoothly and we'll be able to start back up our normally scheduled development really soon.

Stay tuned and thanks for being patient with us!
- The Super Terraria World Team

Bug Fixes
* Added a ping checker, which you can already see demonstrated on the Launcher.
* Fixed a bug where players would not gain the appropriate amount of mana when leveling up Magic.
* Fixed a bug where players would receive way more xp than expected.
* Fixed a bug that prevent consumable items from being used when they were selected with the mouse.
* Finally found the keys to lock some doors that were meant to stay closed in Sivania.
* Fixed a typo in the Old Hermit's Dialogue.
* Fixed a typo on the Splash Screen

i have an suggestion that probably no one will find amusing, anyways, how about corporating with the people that made Overhaul mod and try to mix the both mods together, for the best awesome experience, its only an think i probably want to see, but you're the creators, its all your choice, thank you.

Release 0.3.5.7

April 5th, 2019

Happy April, Super Terrarians!

Another light update this week as we're still focused on restructuring our packets.
We know this is kind of a bummer, but this ensures we keep our costs low, and Super Terraria World humming along just fine.
We're almost finished and that fix should be landing in the next patch after we verify that everything's still working as normal.
Afterwards, we'll be able to focus back on some hard-hitting content that you've all been patiently waiting for!

Bug Fixes / Changes
* While not the most threatening creature, Green Slimes in Sivania will now give at least some Experience
* We've talked the Angler's prices down, and you should now find bait much more affordable
* We believe we've fixed a long standing texture bug which was causing the game to crash, particularly on higher resolution monitors.

Have you thought of adding mac OS support? My fiancé and I really want to play this mod together, but I'm on Windows and he is on mac OS. We would both be extremely happy to see this, and it would open up this mod to many more players.

Have you thought of adding mac OS support? My fiancé and I really want to play this mod together, but I'm on Windows and he is on mac OS. We would both be extremely happy to see this, and it would open up this mod to many more players.

Yup, we want to add Mac support (and Linux), but it's lower priority item right now. We've been focusing on fixing issues and further network refactoring. We are planning to continue adding content from the single player alpha we had that is not yet been ported over.

I have noticed that a few people are complaining about the launcher sending false-positives

It seems that Windows defender is doing that frequently as other programs like itch.io and etc also are having a problem with windows defender sending false positives, so the likely case is that the detections are windows defenders' fault.

An example is that little indie Escaped Chasm game from Temmie (a dev form Undertale) is also sending false-positives

Just wanted to point out to chill some of the people who are freaking here.

So, every time i try to use the installer, it crashes a few seconds to a minute after starting, and this is the error it gives me:
2019-02-24 16:54:52> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
2019-02-24 16:54:53> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2019-02-24 16:54:53> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\STW_Launcher
2019-02-24 16:54:53> Program: Install path C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\STW_Launcher already exists, burning it to the ground
2019-02-24 16:54:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: Couldn't write out staging user ID, this user probably shouldn't get beta anything: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\STW_Launcher\packages\.betaId'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.getOrCreateStagedUserId()
2019-02-24 16:54:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: Failed to load local releases, starting from scratch: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\STW_Launcher\packages\RELEASES'.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Squirrel.Utility.LoadLocalReleases(String localReleaseFile)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.<CheckForUpdate>d__2.MoveNext()
2019-02-24 16:54:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: Reading RELEASES file from C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2019-02-24 16:54:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: The file C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\RELEASES does not exist, something is probably broken with your application
2019-02-24 16:54:55> Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: The file C:\Users\Edward's Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\RELEASES does not exist, something is probably broken with your application
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.<CheckForUpdate>d__7.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.<FullInstall>d__10.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.<Install>d__4.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: The file C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\RELEASES does not exist, something is probably broken with your application
at Squirrel.Update.Program.<Install>d__4.MoveNext()<---

Please help

Release 0.3.6.0

April 19th, 2019

Greetings Super Terrarians, and welcome to the second patch of April 2019!

Since the last release flowers have started to bloom, bunnies are hopping around, and we've been hard at work focusing on all of our packet restructuring.
We're happy to say that we believe our new packets have passed our tests and are ready for the limelight of you, our beta testers!
This update to our packets not only reduced our packet sizes by on average 60%, but also should help improve processing of them as well.
With the improve processing of packets, we hope to see a boost in performance - please let us know your thoughts on this update in Discord!

As we continue to improve the stability of the game, we are in a transition phase back to adding that juicy new content to the game.
Here is some of the new content you can look forward to in the upcoming months (in no particular order):
  • The continuation of Dryad's Distress
  • The mines below Ayeswell
  • Lore books to find and read
  • The return of staves and guns
  • Ingredients to train Chemistry
  • Plus much more content from the Single Player Alpha

We look forward to the upcoming months!

Changes
* Refactored network packets
* Reduced packet sizes
* Improved packet processing

Same as Gray World:
2019-02-24 16:54:52> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
2019-02-24 16:54:53> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2019-02-24 16:54:53> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\STW_Launcher
2019-02-24 16:54:53> Program: Install path C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\STW_Launcher already exists, burning it to the ground
2019-02-24 16:54:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: Couldn't write out staging user ID, this user probably shouldn't get beta anything: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\STW_Launcher\packages\.betaId'.
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.getOrCreateStagedUserId()
2019-02-24 16:54:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: Failed to load local releases, starting from scratch: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\STW_Launcher\packages\RELEASES'.
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Squirrel.Utility.LoadLocalReleases(String localReleaseFile)
2019-02-24 16:54:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: Reading RELEASES file from C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2019-02-24 16:54:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: The file C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\RELEASES does not exist, something is probably broken with your application
2019-02-24 16:54:55> Unhandled exception: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: The file C:\Users\Edward's Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\RELEASES does not exist, something is probably broken with your application
at Squirrel.Update.Program.<Install>d__4.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: The file C:\Users\******** Account\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\RELEASES does not exist, something is probably broken with your application
at Squirrel.Update.Program.<Install>d__4.MoveNext()<---

Running as admin made no difference. Haven't tried torrent yet.

I not spec english :( I dowload but not work what I do?
[doublepost=1556214709,1556214549][/doublepost]sorry is speac I dont like english k alguien me respondaaaaaaa yo kiero jugar terrariaaaaa

Release 0.3.6.1

May 3rd, 2019

Greetings Super Terrarians, and welcome to the first patch of May 2019!

Warmer weather has started to arrive and with that all the joys of being outside. What better way to celebrate than release a batch of new fixes for STW!

Our last release saw the restructuring of packets, and that went extremely smooth.
So smooth in fact that we had time to not only put together these bug
fixes, but also start working on some new content! You'll find some teasers in this update!
We're wrapping up some of the final touches on it, but you can expect it to arrive in the next release.

So in the meantime check out the fixes we made, and keep reporting any issue to us, as all of these issues fixed are ones that have been reported!

Bug Fixes / Changes
* No longer showing other instanced player's hit damage
* No longer playing other instanced player's hit sound
* The crystal in the background on Tutorial Island will correctly destroy when the main crystal is destroyed
* Chemistry Interface correctly shows unlock points and categories after relogging in
* Reduced the number of spawn points in Sivania
* Temple of Ra lore correctly unlocks after completing the quest

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom