tModLoader Expanded Sentries

There's some new accessories coming to ES within the next two updates, one of which significantly changes the playstyle when in use. It would likely need to be included in a Soul like that (toggleable with the set-bonus menu thingy, probably). Also, that crafting recipe is kinda redundant, what with including both a Hallowed Circuit and a Defender emblem. I'd replace one of the two with a Celestial Chip (which may get changed to a Pulsar Chip in the next update). And what's with requiring a soul to make another soul?

But yes, the mod is definitely still alive.

It's in regards to Fargo's Souls mod and how this is the parallel to the Conjurist's Soul (I made a mistake, it's actually the Occultist's Essence). Note the requirements having Balance - as oppressed to the Conjurist focusing on Minions, the Dell focuses on Sentries instead, but still has the increased Minion count like how the former increased Sentry count

This mod still alive?

Also, Fargo's waiting for you to confirm the Engineer's Soul

Dell's Soul
"And you best hope...not pointed at you"
- All 4 Level 3 Dungeon Sentries + Defender Emblem + Hallowed Circuit + Terra Toolbelt + Balance + LGM-1 + Occultist's Soul
Increases Sentry Count by 6
Increases Minion Count by 3
Increases Turret detection range and Sentry Fire Rate by 50%
Allows Turrets to be placed through solid titles
While a Turret is out, you are protected by an Lightning Aura
I haven't played or modded Terraria in a while, so the next update has been on the back burner. I know it's been some months since the last update.

I'm actually pretty close to having the next update out. Sadly I can't say when exactly because I don't know. I need to finish one more weapon and get some more redone sprites in before the next update. The specific weapon I haven't made yet is a trap sentry drop from the Hallowed Mimic. Would you mind sharing any of your ideas for what such a weapon should be? I won't promise I'll use the ideas exactly, but it would give me a starting point.

A soul would probably be the update after the next one. It's been a pretty long wait since the last update so I rather not take too much longer.

I haven't played or modded Terraria in a while, so the next update has been on the back burner. I know it's been some months since the last update.

I'm actually pretty close to having the next update out. Sadly I can't say when exactly because I don't know. I need to finish one more weapon and get some more redone sprites in before the next update. The specific weapon I haven't made yet is a trap sentry drop from the Hallowed Mimic. Would you mind sharing any of your ideas for what such a weapon should be? I won't promise I'll use the ideas exactly, but it would give me a starting point.

A soul would probably be the update after the next one. It's been a pretty long wait since the last update so I rather not take too much longer.

Sure.
Pocket FTW
- "The bane of Elephants and unprepared leaders everywhere."
- Rarely drops from Hallowed Mimics
- Summons a floating trap that unleashes pillars of lava
- While held, you are constantly On Fire

I suggest it creating a pole with pink mini-mimic chained to it. It hops around and does chomp-chomp on enemies that walk in range.
And weapon sprite looks like a flail with mimic instead of a ball on it.

I suggest it creating a pole with pink mini-mimic chained to it. It hops around and does chomp-chomp on enemies that walk in range.
And weapon sprite looks like a flail with mimic instead of a ball on it.
Thanks for the suggestion, although I do have a plan like that for The Twins' sentry weapon for 0.980, so not the very next update. I sure hope with my coding experience, I can actually pull off something like that.

It is. Using only content from this mod you can go from start to Moon Lord. Future updates are planned to fill in some gaps like the moon events.
Did you realize game raiders is making a full playthrough on this?

Also the sprites are not very good in my opinion except for the wood spikes, But i still think there good because there simple, even though i would prefer new sprites, i like simple sprites too.

Did you realize game raiders is making a full playthrough on this?

Also the sprites are not very good in my opinion except for the wood spikes, But i still think there good because there simple, even though i would prefer new sprites, i like simple sprites too.
I was wondering if he would ever do that. Oh man,I better hurry up and get out the latest release then, especially depending on how soon he started this. The next update will have a major sprite overhaul. Not all sprites yet, but plenty of them like the item and armor sprites. Projectile sprites still need work, but I'll put that off for now just so the update won't take too much longer.

I was wondering if he would ever do that. Oh man,I better hurry up and get out the latest release then, especially depending on how soon he started this. The next update will have a major sprite overhaul. Not all sprites yet, but plenty of them like the item and armor sprites. Projectile sprites still need work, but I'll put that off for now just so the update won't take too much longer.

I believe he's on his 3rd episode.

After another hiatus, although only six months this time compared to last time, the 0.970 update is finally here. It's a pretty big change from the last release, the biggest change being all the new sprites. Since I'm already tired as of posting this, I might not get a chance to fully update the OP till quite a bit later. This could have been out a lot sooner if I didn't sit on it for so long since much of this was done months ago. Well, it's finally here now and here's the change log which may not be entirely a complete overview.

- 0.970: Greatly toned-down particle effects from Night Turret and True Night Turret projectiles.
- Buffed Bee Emitter damage from 14 to 21 and Wasp Emitter from 42 to 64. They also spawn projectiles twice as fast (30 frames instead of 60 frames).
- Lowered crafting costs of most turrets to be in line with spike costs and no longer 50% extra.
- Added Engineer Toolkit, sold by the Mechanic. This is a buff table that gives a 15% chance for sentries to crit.
- Added Luiafk style unlimited buffs which can be crafted when that mod is active. Unlike the actual Luiafk unlimited buffs, these alone don't enable items in the piggy bank to work.
- Added Pulsar Pickaxe and Pulsar Hamaxe.
- Updated sprites of all Pulsar related items.
- Updated all trap weapon sprites to visually look like screwdrivers.
- Updated all turret weapon sprites to visually look like wrenches.
- Updated Defender Potion and Sentry Potion sprites.
- Added Dynasty Wood Spikes.
- Changed recipes of the chip accessories, generally making them easier to craft.
- Updated sprites for Frozen and Sky armors. They are no longer vanilla armor recolors.
- [True] Hallowed Spikes renamed to [True] Gritharvollr.
- [True] Hallowed Turret renamed to [True] Skiptilykiller.
- Aqua Spikes renamed to Burudoraiba.
- Aqua Turret renamed to Tide Turner.
- Terra Turret renamed to Gaiac Gyre.
- Demonite Cactus Pillar renamed to Eboncactus Pillar, Crimtane Cactus Pillar renamed to Crimcactus Pillar, and Hallowed Cactus Pillar to Pearlcactus Pillar.
- All trap sentries had their use time set to 20 (down from 30) to keep in line with the rest of the trap sentries' use times.
- Added decoration banners in the style of Team Fortress 2 teams, plus the team colors used in Terraria.
- Added more early hardmode weapons, which includes the Chiller Turret, Taboo Trap, Sticker Spray, Freezethrower Turret, Midas Touch Turret, and Crystal Orbit.
- Added Spit Lobber that can drop from Shadow Orbs to act as a Corruption counterpart for the Crimson Rod.
- Crystilium Mod no longer has the True Topaz Staff falsely detected as a sentry weapon. However due to the mod failing to load for me, I can't quite test this change out.
- Early hardmode ore turrets, including Hallowed Turret, now penetrate at least twice as many targets.
- Added a Crimson magic weapon that can drop from Crimson Hearts, to give back for making the Crimson Rod into a sentry weapon.
- Added Shadowspirit Hardhat for Spirit Mod, Flarium and Asthraltite Hardhats for Sacred Tools, and Genji body and helm armor pieces, along with Soil Spikes for JoostMod.
- Added Engineer Chest which is visually similar to the Engineer Toolkit.
- Added Pulsar Fragment Blocks.
- Snowball Turret now requires Snow Blocks instead of Ice Blocks.
- Jungle Turret has been slowed down from firing every 45 frames to 60 frames.
- Dart Trap sentry weapon now fires every 90 frames instead of 120.
- Gem Layers do 6 damage less each. Powered Gem Layers do 20 less damage.
- Auto Turret once again does 20 damage instead of 25.
- Pearlcactus Pillar damage buffed from 30 to 48.
- Updated mod icon.

I'm gonna imitate Discord's patch notes, just for the heck of it

- Buffed Bee Emitter damage
- fighting QB just got a bit more appealing
- Lowered crafting costs of most turrets to be in line with spike costs and no longer 50% extra.
- waaay less grinding this way, especially noticeable with time-consuming stuff like Jungle Spores and Hellstone
- Added Engineer Toolkit, sold by the Mechanic. This is a buff table that gives a 15% chance for sentries to crit.
- this doesn't mean sentries suddenly benefit from crit bonuses, it's just a set 15%. sorry, Hemopiranhas!
- Added Luiafk style unlimited buffs which can be crafted when that mod is active.
- make sure you don't have the newest Thorium active, since it has an issue with luiafk
- Added Pulsar Pickaxe and Pulsar Hamaxe.
- so you can be fully decked-out in spinny-star bling
- Updated sprites of all Pulsar related items.
- so the spinny-star bling looks blingier
- Updated all trap weapon sprites to visually look like screwdrivers, and updated all turret weapon sprites to visually look like wrenches.
- because carrying fully-assembled machines is heavy
- Updated Defender Potion and Sentry Potion sprites.
- just like Coca-Cola, we've got specially-shaped bottles
- Added Dynasty Wood Spikes.
- if you don't have trees for splintery spikes, store-bought is fine
- Changed recipes of the chip accessories, generally making them easier to craft.
- that's one less mech-boss fight
- Updated sprites for Frozen and Sky armors. They are no longer vanilla armor recolors.
- can't accuse us of stealing their threads anymore
- [True] Hallowed Spikes renamed to [True] Gritharvollr.
- [True] Hallowed Turret renamed to [True] Skiptilykiller.
- vikings didn't have wrenches and screwdrivers, but Icelanders do
- Aqua Spikes renamed to Burudoraiba.
- screwdriver -> bluedriver, get it?
- Aqua Turret renamed to Tide Turner.
- because wrenches turn stuff, get it? eh? okay, we'll stop now
- Terra Turret renamed to Gaiac Gyre.
- because greek names need love, too
- Demonite Cactus Pillar renamed to Eboncactus Pillar, Crimtane Cactus Pillar renamed to Crimcactus Pillar, and Hallowed Cactus Pillar to Pearlcactus Pillar.
- the proper planty pronouns
- All trap sentries had their use time set to 20 (down from 30) to keep in line with the rest of the trap sentries' use times.
- erectin' a sentry nest just got a bit speedier
- Added decoration banners in the style of Team Fortress 2 teams, plus the team colors used in Terraria.
- you've got your company colors on your shirt, now you can have 'em on your wall, too
- Added more early hardmode weapons, which includes the Chiller Turret, Taboo Trap, Sticker Spray, Freezethrower Turret, Midas Touch Turret, and Crystal Orbit.
- frost core, forbidden fragment, crimson mimic, frost legion, pirates, and hallowed mimic are now fully worthwhile
- Added Spit Lobber that can drop from Shadow Orbs to act as a Corruption counterpart for the Crimson Rod.
- pitooey!
- Crystilium Mod no longer has the True Topaz Staff falsely detected as a sentry weapon. However due to the mod failing to load for me, I can't quite test this change out.
- I couldn't get it to load either :(
- Early hardmode ore turrets, including Hallowed Turret, now penetrate at least twice as many targets.
- take that, hardmode invasions!
- Added a Crimson magic weapon that can drop from Crimson Hearts, to give back for making the Crimson Rod into a sentry weapon.
- can't accuse us of being all take and no give
- Added Shadowspirit Hardhat for Spirit Mod, Flarium and Asthraltite Hardhats for Sacred Tools, and Genji body and helm armor pieces, along with Soil Spikes for JoostMod.
- thorium hasn't gotten back to us on that Titan Hardhat yet
- Added Engineer Chest which is visually similar to the Engineer Toolkit.
- much roomier than a dresser-drawer
- Added Pulsar Fragment Blocks.
- still can't get enough spinny-star bling? now it's in your floorboards
- Snowball Turret now requires Snow Blocks instead of Ice Blocks.
- after all, it's not called the iceball turret
- Jungle Turret has been slowed down from firing every 45 frames to 60 frames.
- Dart Trap sentry weapon now fires every 90 frames instead of 120.
- Gem Layers do 6 damage less each. Powered Gem Layers do 20 less damage.
- Auto Turret once again does 20 damage instead of 25.
- Pearlcactus Pillar damage buffed from 30 to 48.
- balanced, as all things should be
- Updated mod icon
- new look, same great taste!

Last edited:
Would like to see wood based spikes have low damage (1 or rare woods 2) - as it is practicaly infinity wood available to make new ... in compare to ore based spikes.
Except the spike thing (in my eyes little imbalance) - a nice mod :D

Regards

Would like to see wood based spikes have low damage (1 or rare woods 2) - as it is practicaly infinity wood available to make new ... in compare to ore based spikes.
Except the spike thing (in my eyes little imbalance) - a nice mod :D

Regards
Well, they would probably be of very limited use, if not almost useless, if their damage was that low. They lack any knockback and even killing very basic enemies would require multiple rows of spikes or placing down more to kill them. I mean, this isn't really any different from making multiple Wooden Swords which is better than the Copper Shortsword. Compared to the broadswords, the metal spikes have a bigger leap in damage, with wooden spikes at 3, but copper spikes at 6. Wooden Sword is 7 damage compared to Copper Broadsword's 8, which is also very slightly faster than the Wooden Sword. Gold spikes are double the damage of copper spikes so there is a big upgrade among the early game ores.

Thanks for liking the mod.

OMG THEY GOT RID OF THE CHALLENGER

how do we get our asthraltite gear!

I NEED THAT HARD HAT!
[doublepost=1556381978,1556381776][/doublepost]Well now the lunarians (Now named lost siblings) are the last boss.

NEw armors though after them..

For all the classes..

So you need to make a class armor for post lunarians now

It costs some Tiridium bars, (Prob just crystaline lunar) Luminous energy, And the specific class lunar armor.

You might have to get rid of the astrhaltite cause i think you need cheats for that now.

OMG THEY GOT RID OF THE CHALLENGER

how do we get our asthraltite gear!

I NEED THAT HARD HAT!
[doublepost=1556381978,1556381776][/doublepost]Well now the lunarians (Now named lost siblings) are the last boss.

NEw armors though after them..

For all the classes..

So you need to make a class armor for post lunarians now

It costs some Tiridium bars, (Prob just crystaline lunar) Luminous energy, And the specific class lunar armor.

You might have to get rid of the astrhaltite cause i think you need cheats for that now.
To think if I updated just one day later, I would have been in line with Shadows of Abaddon updating and thus I would have made changes before this mod updating. A quick scan through the change log for 1.1 reveals changes to some Asthraltite items, so it probably remains in the mod in some shape or form. I'm not sure on the new method to obtain the gear yet, but when I do I'll update this mod to address it. For all I know, the hardhat might be unobtainable at the moment without cheats. I'll release a hot fix for this.

Back
Top Bottom