tModLoader Expanded Sentries

To think if I updated just one day later, I would have been in line with Shadows of Abaddon updating and thus I would have made changes before this mod updating. A quick scan through the change log for 1.1 reveals changes to some Asthraltite items, so it probably remains in the mod in some shape or form. I'm not sure on the new method to obtain the gear yet, but when I do I'll update this mod to address it. For all I know, the hardhat might be unobtainable at the moment without cheats. I'll release a hot fix for this.

Yes, It is still in the mod. That is for sure, But i do not know if it is obtainable.
[doublepost=1556388413,1556388336][/doublepost]I ahve the cactus pillar, And 14 lead bars, Should i make a gear, Scope, Or iron spikes.

Yes, It is still in the mod. That is for sure, But i do not know if it is obtainable.
[doublepost=1556388413,1556388336][/doublepost]I ahve the cactus pillar, And 14 lead bars, Should i make a gear, Scope, Or iron spikes.
Spikes would likely be the best option at this point. There's few options this early in the game that could benefit from the 10% speed given by a basic gear like the dart and geyser trap sentires. Only the Snowball Turret prior to the later pre-hardmode turrets would benefit from the 10% extra range.

ok
[doublepost=1556401301,1556401284][/doublepost]Just made the spikes.
[doublepost=1556401815][/doublepost]Is snowball turret good?

upload_2019-4-27_21-33-50.png

Now I'm glad you restricted it to only spikes...
BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!?

Well, they would probably be of very limited use, if not almost useless, if their damage was that low. They lack any knockback and even killing very basic enemies would require multiple rows of spikes or placing down more to kill them. I mean, this isn't really any different from making multiple Wooden Swords which is better than the Copper Shortsword. Compared to the broadswords, the metal spikes have a bigger leap in damage, with wooden spikes at 3, but copper spikes at 6. Wooden Sword is 7 damage compared to Copper Broadsword's 8, which is also very slightly faster than the Wooden Sword. Gold spikes are double the damage of copper spikes so there is a big upgrade among the early game ores.

Thanks for liking the mod.

a, i am fine with very limited use for an beginning weapon tool (the wodden spikes)
b, actual it is no problem to kill most of the zombis that come in the night with only one row of wooden spikes without "any" risk for the player (and any semilar creature that walk on the ground) - and is infinity reproductable, as wood is infinite available ..... try doing this with an wood sword ....................................... here "i" see the difference .... in real gameplay usage ...

So actual it make the beginning game (espacialy the nights) "much" more easy - not the outcome i have aimed on my server - more options and diversity on battle and tactics -nice , but more easy gameplay is "not" welcome ..

Regards

a, i am fine with very limited use for an beginning weapon tool (the wodden spikes)
b, actual it is no problem to kill most of the zombis that come in the night with only one row of wooden spikes without "any" risk for the player (and any semilar creature that walk on the ground) - and is infinity reproductable, as wood is infinite available ..... try doing this with an wood sword ....................................... here "i" see the difference .... in real gameplay usage ...

So actual it make the beginning game (espacialy the nights) "much" more easy - not the outcome i have aimed on my server - more options and diversity on battle and tactics -nice , but more easy gameplay is "not" welcome ..

Regards

But underground i have ice armor, Lead spikes, Snowball turret, And cactus pillar but i still am very vunerable and i was even slightly vunerable on the surface with wooden spikes, So if you lowered damage of wooden spikes you would be extra vunerable.
[doublepost=1556458331,1556458269][/doublepost]
View attachment 220461
Now I'm glad you restricted it to only spikes...
BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!?

OH GOD PLEASE DONT BE GAME RAIDERS

Also how do you get that special health and mana bars.

Last edited:
But underground i have ice armor, Lead spikes, Snowball turret, And cactus pillar but i still am very vunerable and i was even slightly vunerable on the surface with wooden spikes, So if you lowered damage of wooden spikes you would be extra vunerable.
[doublepost=1556458331,1556458269][/doublepost]

OH GOD PLEASE DONT BE GAME RAIDERS

Also how do you get that special health and mana bars.

i dont expect from the lowest tier spikes to make me "the immortal" ..... you can make spikes from ore - here i have no problem, as ore musst found and processed and is only available in finite quantities - other as wood, where is easy available infinite ... but other players have different senses of "difficult" .... it was only "my" thinking of an imbalance ... and it is not an "musst have" mod ... so only "my 2 cent" ...

Regards

ok
i dont expect from the lowest tier spikes to make me "the immortal" ..... you can make spikes from ore - here i have no problem, as ore musst found and processed and is only available in finite quantities - other as wood, where is easy available infinite ... but other players have different senses of "difficult" .... it was only "my" thinking of an imbalance ... and it is not an "musst have" mod ... so only "my 2 cent" ...

Regards

Regards

Well, if you have seen Gameraider's "The strongest weapon in Terraria", that was referring towards the "Soil" Weapons. There's a cross-mod "Soil Spike" weapon that follows the same effect.

Regards
It's the nature of the class that leads to little risk for the player if set up correctly. Summoned minions can do something pretty similar if they're close enough too you, as in you hiding in a safely room while they kill enemies outside of it. Lowering the damage of the wooden spikes would just only make it take longer and still be of no risk to the player if they set up sentries correctly. Yes, melee can't do this, but this is a difference of mechanics between classes. Besides, once you're into the ore tiers properly, this easiness is only going to become more noticeable.

When it comes to fast and flying enemies, spikes are much more limited in use. At that point you'll probably want to use turrets and they have a lot less DPS than spikes if enemies get stuck on them. The nature of this mod adds new items to players with no change in mobs and such, so technically any mod like this will make the game easier due to giving players more options. While I am always working on balance, like spikes doing half damage to worm enemies, I don't want to go so far in nerfing that certain options becomes nearly useless outside of very specific conditions.

Do i want a scope for the snowball turret?
It'll help a bit if you're having issues with it not reaching enemies far enough. A toolbelt probably isn't an option at this point unless you do an early Goblin Invasion, but usually by the time you do that you'll be able to craft the evil accessories.

It'll help a bit if you're having issues with it not reaching enemies far enough. A toolbelt probably isn't an option at this point unless you do an early Goblin Invasion, but usually by the time you do that you'll be able to craft the evil accessories.

I might want it for the eye of Cthulhu, But because i have the spikes and the pillar and whatever, Would it be smart to face the eater before any other?

I might want it for the eye of Cthulhu, But because i have the spikes and the pillar and whatever, Would it be smart to face the eater before any other?
EoW probably won't be that hard. I should note that most spikes and the cactus pillars will only do half damage to worm enemies like him. The gem layers and geyser traps will do 2/3 damage. Still, given the nature of his movements and being segmented, he will take hefty damage from trap sentries.

EoW probably won't be that hard. I should note that most spikes and the cactus pillars will only do half damage to worm enemies like him. The gem layers and geyser traps will do 2/3 damage. Still, given the nature of his movements and being segmented, he will take hefty damage from trap sentries.

So, Not a bad idea i guess?
[doublepost=1556503125,1556503061][/doublepost]Just gotta say agin, This mod is good.

I have been using your mod recently and I have been impressed that this mod is actually one of the best mods that add a new class which is solid progression-wise.

If you are planning to add cross-mod content soon, let me introduce my suggestions:
- From Thorium, how about adding the Gem Layers of Onyx, Pearl, Opal and Prismite? That could be an interesting way to use them.
- Or there are some custom gems from PinkyMod and Furniture, Food and Fun Mod. If those gems I told you can be turned to large gems, making Gem Layers of them can be interesting as well.
- Are you planning to add Sentry Helmets and custom set bonuses for Calamity? This can be a low probability, but giving this a try can be sweet and amazing.

Anyways, I loved your mod and I am hoping this mod to become better.

Last edited:
I have been using your mod recently and I have been impressed that this mod is actually one of the best mods that add a new class which is solid progression-wise.

If you are planning to add cross-mod content soon, let me introduce my suggestions:
- From Thorium, how about adding the Gem Layers of Onyx, Pearl, Opal and Prismite? That could be an interesting way to use them.
- Or there are some custom gems from PinkyMod and Furniture, Food and Fun Mod. If those gems I told you can be turned to large gems, making Gem Layers of them can be interesting as well.
- Are you planning to add Sentry Helmets and custom set bonuses for Calamity? This can be a low probability, but giving this a try can be sweet and amazing.

Anyways, I loved your mod and I am hoping this mod to become better.
Wow, I am a month late in replying to this given how inactive I've been on the forums. Thanks for the kind words! The next update I have planned is a minor one, which hopefully also helps somewhat with the Defender class post Moon Lord. My attention has been elsewhere with another class mod I'm working on.

I would have to ask DivermanSam if he would allow me to directly use a few of Thorium's assets. It's just sprites instead of code, so I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to get permission. Although with how gem layers behave now, they would likely be the same with just a difference in damage. So I may not go through with that just yet. Ideally I do want to add more cross mod armors like Calamity helmets, although Calamity in particular would be tricky given the spriting style and how often they redo sprites.

I don't quite know what's up, but as of a hour or so ago, I started a new playthrough and now the Boreal spikes I've placed aren't sticking with casting. I don't know if this is a side effect of some other mod I added or if there's a change here I missed, thus my post here. ^^;

I don't quite know what's up, but as of a hour or so ago, I started a new playthrough and now the Boreal spikes I've placed aren't sticking with casting. I don't know if this is a side effect of some other mod I added or if there's a change here I missed, thus my post here. ^^;
Not sticking? Sorry, I don't entirely know what you mean. Are you talking about them not appearing on the ground when you use them?

Back
Top Bottom