tModLoader SGAmod

Do you think I got what it takes to make this a good mod?

• Yes, please share your thoughts :)

Votes: 52 98.1%
  • No, Explain why not :(

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
When you export as 2.0x, it scales all the pixels to 2x2. Thats why you start spriting at half your desired size.

Oh ok, But then like how do i change the pixel size, cause i can only change the canvas size and then if i do that i can draw legit 4 pixels then my entire canvas is filled.

So i make my canvas size whatever i want it to be?

And then just change pen size?

I have made decent sprites but i am still new to piskel.

Yes, keep pen size to one. The canvas can be whatever size, just keep in mind that it will double in size when you export as 2.0x. We were all beginners at some point, the best thing that you can do is practice!

Honestly, I just draw what I can in GiMP at 1by1, and scale it up by 2X when I'm done
why terraria uses 2by2 sprites vs just having a 2X scaled game window is beyond me

I have a few suggestions:

The magnifying glass, 5% drop from demon eyes, 12% drop from wandering eyes, and 20% from eye of cthulhu. click on an enemy with this in hand and they will get the “Watched” Debuff which surrounds them in a glowing white circle and makes them take 10% more damage.

When using this the player will then get blinded for 5 seconds and confused for 2-3.

Concept art:

LqyQEtGHblr8jB9NvyEv_5VXyNGunEu2qPof7N83OH5E736wFgzUCFTmeQ3e3on5jN9Aa7uPeNP3GHftBywlAJM21PVdKfI6R9k5in96oWI8GEquLPm6X7TH-PtbQkMIm3TeICjU
ew

Will wait for your opinion on this and will not make sprite until i get opinion.

Also what coding language is terraria and how simple is it?

I only know python 2 and i want to do a bit more coding.

Terraria is in C#. Watch a video on C# for beginners, then read this. Quick Terraria-specific C# crash course. Its not that hard to get the hang of.
It may take a bit though to better understand how TMODLoader acts as an API to Terraria, once you understand that after the C# basics, your pretty much not going to be limited anymore to fully learning it.
Like I how and can make your idea, but there's alot more to account for than you think

It may take a bit though to better understand how TMODLoader acts as an API to Terraria, once you understand that after the C# basics, your pretty much not going to be limited anymore to fully learning it.
\
OK!
Like I how and can make your idea, but there's alot more to account for than you think
What that mean though?

Also you can obviously freely change anything on my idea if you want to add it to the mod!
Like you don't have to have the circle around the enemy.
Also it would give you a debuff that makes it so you cannot use it for about 10-20 seconds.

<link removed by staff>
Check out my playthrough thingy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to get my images uploaded, But then they take up a bunch of space when sprite itself is really small and i also need to get the sprite bigger too help me.

@Sm1l@mYm@eT - you need to stop spamming this thread. You are monopolizing the conversation with off-topic chatter.

You were told earlier to edit your posts instead of running several replies together. This isn't a chat room.

<link removed by staff>
It is very rude of you to advertise your own content in someone else's thread like that, please don't do that again. I removed the link.

\
OK!

What that mean though?

Also you can obviously freely change anything on my idea if you want to add it to the mod!
Like you don't have to have the circle around the enemy.
Also it would give you a debuff that makes it so you cannot use it for about 10-20 seconds.

<link removed by staff>
Look, I know your a fan of this mod and your eagerly awaiting it. But this is my mod, not your thread, and I need space of my own here.
Just, chill a bit dude. The mod will come out, don't try to rush it or change topics to fill the time. Stuff like this takes time and we all have lives outside of modding.

Look, I know your a fan of this mod and your eagerly awaiting it. But this is my mod, not your thread, and I need space of my own here.
Just, chill a bit dude. The mod will come out, don't try to rush it or change topics to fill the time. Stuff like this takes time and we all have lives outside of modding.
k

Back
Top Bottom