tModLoader Magic Storage

Not exactly, but I should have also thought to ask for that. What I meant was how you have the actual storage system set up, to see if maybe it's some bad interaction between the storage components.

Looking at your mod list though, I'm curious if maybe ExtensibleInventory might be causing an issue? You also seem to be using a lot of mods that do each other's jobs, but I might be mistaken.

Is your friend running on Mac or Linux? The devs are aware of an issue involving those two computer operating systems that causes what you seem to be experiencing.
Is there any way that we can get it so he can access the storage in the meantime?

Quick question how would he get the file to work in terraria?
[doublepost=1556847076,1556847008][/doublepost]
Because when my friend tries to open the magic storage it either dosent let him or it is completely blank

Hello I have been playing terraria for a while and I am doing a mod playthrough with my friend. I made a storage heart to get my storage system running but my friend cannot access any of it. It is really getting annoying because of all of the space we have to waste with chests. Please help!
i see, i got the error before the inventory mod, i dont have a setup i just place the heart and whenever i try to acces i get the error, im thinking about the staking mod maybe?

i see, i got the error before the inventory mod, i dont have a setup i just place the heart and whenever i try to acces i get the error, im thinking about the staking mod maybe?
Thanks for trying to help but it does not give him an error. The storage is just completely blank when he opens it

[doublepost=1556847076,1556847008][/doublepost]
Because when my friend tries to open the magic storage it either dosent let him or it is completely blank
Unfortunately I don't have a Mac to test with so I'm unsure. It sounds like he should be able to go into where he installed tModLoader, open up the zip in the post I linked to, and extract the `libMonoPosixHelper.dylib` into the `osx` folder, but I could be completely wrong. Sorry I can't be more helpful in that regard.

Last edited:
Could you possibly make a feature where a certain block (when touching a magic storage system) would output a wire signal when certain amount (modifiable) of an item is in that system?

I mean cool mod and all but it deleted all of its items in the system because the blocks disappeared. Really happy I've lost all the progress in the world, definetly going to end my current experience. Thanks guy for ruining my time with modded terraria!
Take a moment to calm down, my guy. Explain your problem in detail. What version of the mod are you running? What version of tModLoader are you running? Do you remember having any other issues leading up to the blocks spontaneously deleting themselves? Did you maybe install a new mod, or modify your save files, or anything along those lines? Instead of raging for an accident that was probably caused by a bug, you could calm down, explain what happened, and help make sure it doesn't happen to someone else.

I would just like to add (maybbe I didn't read far enough) that the images for the recipes aren't loading in the forum. So I'm not sure what materials I need for some stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would just like to add (maybbe I didn't read far enough) that the images for the recipes aren't loading in the forum. So I'm not sure what materials I need for some stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.
I've seen a few reports of that throughout the forums, but I personally haven't come across the issue myself. Would you mind sharing your mod list, your Magic Storage and tModLoader versions, and what operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.) that you're using?

I've seen a few reports of that throughout the forums, but I personally haven't come across the issue myself. Would you mind sharing your mod list, your Magic Storage and tModLoader versions, and what operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.) that you're using?
They're referring to the small images used *here* on the web page to show the crafting materials needed for different recipes. The Magic Storage and tModLoader versions couldn't have anything to do with that.

Imgur

They're referring to the small images used *here* on the web page to show the crafting materials needed for different recipes. The Magic Storage and tModLoader versions couldn't have anything to do with that.

Imgur
Huh. I actually hadn't noticed that. I had assumed from the way everybody was talking that they meant the recipes in the storage browser, not the recipes for the storage. That's what I get for not opening spoilers, I guess.

**EDIT**
And Burylown even said it was in the forum! How about that. Man, I have been really unobservant these past couple of days.

Hello. It’s been about 5 or so months since I’ve played modded terraria and I started having an issue when I tried playing again recently. Whenever I made a new world, placed down any items from Magic Storage, left the world, and then tried to come back on that world (same character or not), it would say that the data wasn’t loaded properly. It would then ask me if I wanted to use a back up, I would press yes, and it would say that there was no backup available. It would essentially make the world unplayable, like it wouldn’t even let you open the world. I’ve tried using many variations of other mods but the other mods don’t seem to affect it (I really only have gameplay affecting mods like calamity). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Also I AM running the most current version of TmodLoader

Hello. It’s been about 5 or so months since I’ve played modded terraria and I started having an issue when I tried playing again recently. Whenever I made a new world, placed down any items from Magic Storage, left the world, and then tried to come back on that world (same character or not), it would say that the data wasn’t loaded properly. It would then ask me if I wanted to use a back up, I would press yes, and it would say that there was no backup available. It would essentially make the world unplayable, like it wouldn’t even let you open the world. I’ve tried using many variations of other mods but the other mods don’t seem to affect it (I really only have gameplay affecting mods like calamity). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Also I AM running the most current version of TmodLoader
This happens on both singleplayer and multiplayer? And have you tried reinstalling tModLoader and Magic Storage?

I only play on single player so I don’t know about multiplayer. How do you delete a mod other than just inactivating it?
You'll have to go into your Terraria save data (on Windows it's "This PC\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader"), go into the Mods folder, and delete the MagicStorage.tmod file. I really think they should add a delete button and maybe a manual redownload button to the mod list, but it's whatever.

Back
Top Bottom