Introducing the Void Vault and Void Bag

That is an... odd reaction to what I said. After all, none of the things I specifically mentioned were items I "have to cheat to win". In all of those cases, I could have spent hours upon hours grinding, doing repetitive and uninteresting tasks. Again, fishing isn't hard; it's not challenging. There was never any sense that I was somehow physically incapable of performing those tasks.

I was merely unwilling to take the time to do it. There's a difference between "have to cheat" and "I'd rather cheat".

I can walk 10 miles to the store. But I would rather get in the car and drive there.

I've beaten incredibly difficult games before, some of the classic games even. I have no problem meeting a game's challenge... so long as it presents an actual challenge, one that is actually enjoyable. "Kill the Moon Lord" is both hard and enjoyable. "Go fishing for hours on end" is neither hard nor enjoyable.

My favorite example of this is the Sandstorm in a Bottle, a key component of the Bundle of Balloons. Getting that item is not a challenge. It does not require a feat of manual dexterity. It doesn't require solving some puzzle or beating a boss or some clever use of items.

It requires generating level after level for hours on end. A five-year-old can do that. I have better things to do with my time.

You seem to have misunderstood what I'm saying. I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything. I'm saying your argument denigrating the practice is wrong.

On a personal level, I can't really bring myself to care what someone does with their own copy of a game. If modding the game to remove tedium brings them joy, what right does anyone have to tell them otherwise?

If we were talking about a multiplayer game, where hacking items gives you an advantage against other players, that's a different matter. But that's not Terraria. I mean, I guess some people can play it that way, but that's not typically how it works.
Ok i was asked to abandon this, but its really simple.you cheat and i dont, You have no patience to play a game as it was meant to be played. Your arrogance of using cheats and saying its ok to cheat is WRONG. Im done with this conversation and would like to get back to the void bag topic, so stop justifying how you cheat or “mod” im done with it. If you have to make an EXCUSE to cheat, you should be ashamed. CAN WE PLEASE END THIS AND GET BACK TO THE TOPIC?
[doublepost=1556715182,1556715065][/doublepost]
You are making me look bad when im just trying to bring honor back to videogames. Especially this one.
Just to close the loop on this, this is getting way beyond the topic of the thread. @Kristo Artæmeus Grimm, we already have our PM going as to what's expected when posting, and I've had your assurance that you'll move on from this. @Nicol Bolas, it would be appreciated if you didn't reply anymore as well and just let this go. Send a private message to me HERE if you have questions.

So then, back to the void bag/vault. Could it be possible to change the colors of it with dyes or paints? Like for me it would be black with white specks coming out. I mean the option to color it as we like.

So then, back to the void bag/vault. Could it be possible to change the colors of it with dyes or paints? Like for me it would be black with white specks coming out. I mean the option to color it as we like.
I am in no way guaranteeing this is how it will work, as I am not a developer or beta tester. However, it seems like you would be able to paint the vault, but not the bag.

Diamond void vault, obsidian void vault, saphire, ruby,etc? Like that?
no, I mean that using the paints, the void vault in it's placeable form would be able to be any color desired (even inverted colors), but the void bag would be undyeable because every individual tile has a paint value, meaning that you can paint every tile of the vault would be a different color if you so desired.

no, I mean that using the paints, the void vault in it's placeable form would be able to be any color desired (even inverted colors), but the void bag would be undyeable because every individual tile has a paint value, meaning that you can paint every tile of the vault would be a different color if you so desired.
wait, so you can go into the vault?

we already have 3 other items which should suffice, magic storage is kind of a "cheat mod" anyway because of the portable storage access... This looks like an early hardmode item, so it's doubtful that it will have anywhere NEAR the max amount magic storage modules can have...

Cheating in a non-competitive game is all in the eye of the beholder. I personally get no enjoyment out of inventory management in these types of games so Magic Storage has allowed me to come back to Terraria many more times than I would have without it. Unfortunately, Magic Storage has some bugs and issues that would make the prospect of an officially supported version in Terraria a really great addition for me.

As long as its part of the coding in the game made by the creaters of the game, i dont see that as cheating, just an update. Any game can be improved, but when an outside source by a player is used, that is considered cheating. If the Void bag/Vault comes in an update, id definitely use it. I was remarking earlier in a comment that the color should be changed or should have an option for us the players to change it.

As long as its part of the coding in the game made by the creaters of the game, i dont see that as cheating, just an update. Any game can be improved, but when an outside source by a player is used, that is considered cheating. If the Void bag/Vault comes in an update, id definitely use it. I was remarking earlier in a comment that the color should be changed or should have an option for us the players to change it.
I think I already answered this question so sue me if I'm getting repetitive, but the placeable vault will be paintable, meaning it can be any color you desire, while the portable bag will not.
Also mods like Thorium and Calamity which expand the game while at the same time making it more difficult really shouldn't be considered cheating.

Totally not what what i meant by that. Please reread, and understand that i also meant differently on how the Void Vault/bag should be colored. I.e., two dye slots, just like the accessory slots, one for void and other for sparkly stuff. Also connects by “coding” as you put it. Again its just a suggestion as yours is. Im not looking to argue here about the colors. Just a choice for players to have.

It would be very strange indeed to have not just one dye slot but two for this specific item. Dye slots are reserved for kinds of items: armor, accessories. Applying dyes to a specific item is not something the system is good at.

Void Bag seems like an item that will sit in the main inventory rather than armor/gear section, much like the money trough.

Now, what would be great is if there was a special kind of gear slot for personal storage items, like minecarts and hooks. The equipped personal storage item would then behave the way the Void Bag causes the Void Vault to behave: if your main inventory is full, extra items go into the equipped PSI. That would also allow a user to quickly swap between which PSI is the one that extra inventory goes to.

That way, PSIs acts at least somewhat like an expanded inventory page.

If they wanted to delay this behavior (so that you can't do it from the moment you get a piggy bank), then they can make it work the way that the Expert mode 6th accessory slot behaves: make it a character-based upgrade dropped/crafted at some point.

IM TALKING ABOUT “THE VOID ITSELF” coloring that!

Yes, we get that. We're talking about what possible mechanism could be used to color "THE VOID ITSELF". Things in Terraria obtain a custom color for a reason; it doesn't just happen.

Dyes color items which you have equipped. So if a dye were to be used to color "THE VOID ITSELF", that means you would have to be able to equip something so that you could dye it. Neither the Void Bag nor the Void Vault are equipable, so they could not be dyed.

Paint is applied to objects in the world. If paint were to be used to color "THE VOID ITSELF", that means there would have to be something paintable placed in the world. The Void Vault is a furniture item, so it could be painted. However, there could be any number of such items in the world, so if you use the Void Bag to spawn a void, which Void Vault's paint determines what color it is?

OK when you open up the void vault it opens up like the piggy bank so right there on the side of it it will have a little accessory slot or a dye slot to use. How are you not grasping that?
[doublepost=1556921243,1556921009][/doublepost]
Yes, we get that. We're talking about what possible mechanism could be used to color "THE VOID ITSELF". Things in Terraria obtain a custom color for a reason; it doesn't just happen.

Dyes color items which you have equipped. So if a dye were to be used to color "THE VOID ITSELF", that means you would have to be able to equip something so that you could dye it. Neither the Void Bag nor the Void Vault are equipable, so they could not be dyed.

Paint is applied to objects in the world. If paint were to be used to color "THE VOID ITSELF", that means there would have to be something paintable placed in the world. The Void Vault is a furniture item, so it could be painted. However, there could be any number of such items in the world, so if you use the Void Bag to spawn a void, which Void Vault's paint determines what color it is?
And why are you being asinine with “THE VOID ITSELF”?

Back
Top Bottom