tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Also to everyone talking about the bosses, yeah, if you couldn't tell I really love remixing boss fights to make them interesting again. Like Yharon taking nods from Duke Fishron, Ravager from Golem, DoG first phase from Destroyer (second phase is much different), etc.
This is exactly why I loved the Yharon fight so much. Duke was one of my favorite vanilla fights and I just loved his attack pattern for some reason. Seeing it remastered just made me really happy.

Added lore for Braelor, Statis, and Amidias.

Braelor's can be found under the Tarragon equipment section, Statis' can be found under the Statigel equipment section, and Amidias' can be found under the Desert Scourge section.
I love Tarragon armor, and I've always felt like Braelor was never fleshed out enough. Thank you Fab!

Just a question out of curiosity, but is there somewhere a change log of the mod's contents and updates other than the Discord? That is also up to date? Because I am curious what has been added over the past updates and more importantly what changes were made to the existing things.

Thanks in advance!

For some reason, all of the underwater mobs added by Calamity are immune to summon weapons. Minions ignore Calamity's underwater mobs as if they weren't there, and if using a non-minion summon weapon (such as the Death Wind from Spirit Mod), the attacks don't even hit unless its a melee-like strike. EG: direct attacks with the Death Wind will hit, but the scythes thrown by it do nothing.

EDIT: Okay, not all, just most it seems like. MOBs which are seemingly immune to summon weapons include Giant Clam, Moray Eel, Ghost Bell, and Eutrophic Ray.

EDIT: Add to the list: Aquatic Scourge, Viper Fish, Devil Fish

Last edited:
For some reason, all of the underwater mobs added by Calamity are immune to summon weapons. Minions ignore Calamity's underwater mobs as if they weren't there, and if using a non-minion summon weapon (such as the Death Wind from Spirit Mod), the attacks don't even hit unless its a melee-like strike. EG: direct attacks with the Death Wind will hit, but the scythes thrown by it do nothing.

EDIT: Okay, not all, just most it seems like. MOBs which are seemingly immune to summon weapons include Giant Clam, Moray Eel, Ghost Bell, and Eutrophic Ray.

EDIT: Add to the list: Aquatic Scourge, Viper Fish, Devil Fish
That's probably because they remain passive until you get too close or you actually fight them. But does the summon immunity happen during the Aquatic Scourge FIGHT, or when it's passive?

That's probably because they remain passive until you get too close or you actually fight them. But does the summon immunity happen during the Aquatic Scourge FIGHT, or when it's passive?

It seems to be inconsistent. Some, such as the Giant Clam, remain immune after being provoked. Others (I can't remember which) can be hit after being provoked.

To be clear; The Calamity Extra Music Mod (CEMM) replaces the Vanilla themes with new, better, cooler tracks right? Does that mean... if I want to listen to that always, if I equip a Music Box and go to those areas and get a Vanilla Music Box for it, it plays the new theme? Or is there some way to craft the CEMM Version of that box?

To be clear; The Calamity Extra Music Mod (CEMM) replaces the Vanilla themes with new, better, cooler tracks right? Does that mean... if I want to listen to that always, if I equip a Music Box and go to those areas and get a Vanilla Music Box for it, it plays the new theme? Or is there some way to craft the CEMM Version of that box?
I don't personally have the mod, but I would imagine that it literally replaces the tracks of vanilla music. So if you were to record a music box of Space, it would play the new track instead of the vanilla track, so there wouldn't be a need for new music boxes, because there isn't any new music being added.

I don't personally have the mod, but I would imagine that it literally replaces the tracks of vanilla music. So if you were to record a music box of Space, it would play the new track instead of the vanilla track, so there wouldn't be a need for new music boxes, because there isn't any new music being added.
each calamity boss has their own theme that will only play if u have the music add on installed otherwise they will play a vanilla music track instead

each calamity boss has their own theme that will only play if u have the music add on installed otherwise they will play a vanilla music track instead
It's the Extra Music Mod, it makes a few new soundtracks play instead of Vanilla ones, in vanilla places. I know that the Calamity Bosses need the Calamity Music Mod to work, but that's a different mod.

Calamity Mod
Calamity Music Mod (For Calamity Bosses and Biomes)
Calamity Extra Music Mod (For Queen Bee, Meteor, Blizzard, etc.)

I really miss the old styled legendary weapons were they would get stronger as you progressed through the game. Is there ever a possibility to have them function like that again. Also when will we ever see any new bosses (mainly post moon Lord)?

Hey, if I disable the Calamity mod, and then re-enable it later, will my Calamity characters keep their progress and items as they were when I initially disable? Or will it just wipe all modded stuff from their inventories?

Hey, if I disable the Calamity mod, and then re-enable it later, will my Calamity characters keep their progress and items as they were when I initially disable? Or will it just wipe all modded stuff from their inventories?
Unloaded Modded Items do not work while the mod is turned off. However, re-enabling the mod makes them work again. Items will not be removed, or corrupted.

I'm unsure if it clears Dyes on it (Item Customization Mod) or maybe Modifiers, but no, the Modded Items will be fine, you will lose no progress.

I don't recommend playing extensively on it with it disabled though, cause it kinda ruins the experience, and leaves pink blocks everywhere where your modded items were in the world.

And this goes for any mod, not just Calamity. It's a tModLoader thing.

Unloaded Modded Items do not work while the mod is turned off. However, re-enabling the mod makes them work again. Items will not be removed, or corrupted.

I'm unsure if it clears Dyes on it (Item Customization Mod) or maybe Modifiers, but no, the Modded Items will be fine, you will lose no progress.

I don't recommend playing extensively on it with it disabled though, cause it kinda ruins the experience, and leaves pink blocks everywhere where your modded items were in the world.

And this goes for any mod, not just Calamity. It's a tModLoader thing.
Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it! :)

I really miss the old styled legendary weapons were they would get stronger as you progressed through the game. Is there ever a possibility to have them function like that again. Also when will we ever see any new bosses (mainly post moon Lord)?
Legendaries are not reverting back to the scaling functions.

Draedon is planned for the 1.4.3 update of Calamity, which will probably still be not for another several months. Other bosses such as Yharim, Goozma, and Xeroc are planned for the future but it's only concepts and such as of now. Before any bosses get added, Calamity will have an update to expand on rogue as well as the upcoming one with rare item variants, bug fixes, and more.

Maybe update the current waifu banner from this:

index.php

To this:

Waifu-Banner.png

Back
Top Bottom