Scariest thing about Terraria

GoldenTerrabyte

Empress of Light
What's the scariest thing to you? For me it's a few things...

One is that moment in Hardmode when you find your favorite little place become Corrupt/Crimson(that's more sad than scary though I guess)

And most of all though is the shock of encountering the Dungeon Guardian, especially online when you see someone rush out of the Dungeon being chased, and you know it's gonna kill you as it passes by.

To me the scariest thing is how addicting it is, on multiple levels.

On one level, the surface level, it can suck up many hours of valuable time. Sometimes it deprives me of sleep. Sometimes I forego eating at reasonable times.

On a deeper level, though, is how it goes beyond the actual playing of the game and refuses to leave me alone even in sleep. Terraria frequently appears in dreams of mine. They're very realistic dreams. Sometimes they can be about playing the game and encountering things that don't exist or structures that don't naturally generate, yet they feel super real and I feel very disappointed (or relieved, depending on the situation) that those things don't exist in the real game. In other dreams, encountering things in the Terraria world in a realistic, first-person manner. Both exciting and horrifying, depending on the situation and on whether or not your dreams are as vivid as mine. c_c;

On one level, the surface level, it can suck up many hours of valuable time. Sometimes it deprives me of sleep. Sometimes I forego eating at reasonable times.

On a deeper level, though, is how it goes beyond the actual playing of the game and refuses to leave me alone even in sleep. Terraria frequently appears in dreams of mine. They're very realistic dreams. Sometimes they can be about playing the game and encountering things that don't exist or structures that don't naturally generate, yet they feel super real and I feel very disappointed (or relieved, depending on the situation) that those things don't exist in the real game. In other dreams, encountering things in the Terraria world in a realistic, first-person manner. Both exciting and horrifying, depending on the situation and on whether or not your dreams are as vivid as mine. c_c;

Should check about Sigmund Freud's theories, maybe you'd like to ;)

In advance, the common jolting is an act of surprise and/or shock and has little to do with fear or scariness. You can fear something and jolt when the event unfolds, but one emotion isn't required for the other.

Just putting it out there, because the common example of 'Dungeon Guardian' being scary 99% of the time in these threads are due to the player merely being surprised.

Crimson puts fear into my heart whenever I go in the area. I know everything there is weaker than me at almost all points of my adventure...just something about the place that almost gives me nightmares.

Oddly enough Corruption feels like peace to me, not sure why there's such a big difference between the two other than possibly the amount of time I knew of the corruption before Crimson even existed.

Oddly enough Corruption feels like peace to me, not sure why there's such a big difference between the two other than possibly the amount of time I knew of the corruption before Crimson even existed.

To me, the Corruption is a very mysterious atmosphere. That is why I like it the best out of all areas. It's probably directed related to the colours and effects used for the biome.

i think starting out as a noob, not knowing what to expect is the scariest, esecially with the corruption, HOLY CRAP ITS A BIG EATER, OMG WHAT IS THAT!!!!! ARGH A SLIMEY THING!!! ARGH BIG FALL. SPLAT...well that was fun, lts try that again... oo whats this dungeon like thi-splat OH CRAP WTF WAS THAT!?!?!?!. YUS. i found a shuriken, i'm so good t this game...

yep that was me when i started. now its like '' lets fly away, lets fly lets fly away'' (me with wings) kills harpy, kills slime, kills unicorn... feels bad for killing unicorn... trys to kill self by jumping off high ledge... wings have slow fall :/

I get what you mean.

I've had a lot of dreams about my normal life with sick, insane twists to them. Terraria has been part of the more recent ones (only one case with Terraria, actually)

Black recluses (the hardmode spiders ) scare the :red: out of me when im not prepared for them

dark area, me jumping down in a hellevator and randomly landing on one... pretty much explains it :dryadtongue:
YES! I'm not alone on that!
I always find myself going out of my way to avoid them, even if I'm well-prepared. In fact, the spiders in Terraria in general are creepy to me. Though not much else, strangely.

Back
Top Bottom