tModLoader Various Weathers

I don't know why I haven't thought of it before but :
Ichor Rain in harmdode crimson : inflicts ichor when outside and maybe some ichor monsters spawn on the surface.
Cursed Fallout in hardmode corruption : Looks similar to the stardust event, but with cursed fire with occasional flames falling. Cursed flames monsters spawn on the surface(maybe a special elemental too).
Honey rain in the jungle : slows you but gives honeyed buff, hornets spawn on the surface.
Toxic Vapors (in the lava cavern layer) : Gives you the poisoned debuff. Again, maybe a special elemental can spawn.

I may be starting to repeat number of ideas, but I forgot if they were already suggested
what, nothing for the hallow? alright, then how about this.
dazzling duststorm: you thought getting glitter in your eye was bad? try pixie dust. lowers visibility, inflicts confusion while you are in the hallow and makes illuminant enemies spawn above ground.

how about some boss-themed weathers?
feeding frenzy: the sharks smell blood in the water. flying sharks (flying fish but much bigger), dirt sharks (sand sharks but anywhere), cave sharks (dirt sharks but underground), sharkmen, walking sharks, sharkslimes and many more begin their assault, now that their master is gone. only happens after fishron is dead.
solar storm: the sun flares up, inflicting on fire when exposed and daybroken if in space. makes lihzahrd enemies spawn anywhere. happens only after the golem is dead.
overgrowth: the jungle overflows with plantlife. massively increased spawn rate and several new plant-based enemies spawn in the jungle. happens only after plantera is dead.
oil rain: inflicts you with a debuff that makes you slip on any block like it was ice. new mechanical enemies spawn above ground. happens after all mechanical bosses are dead.
eternia instability: the boundary between our world and theirs flickers and thins. makes old ones army enemies spawn outside of the event, corresponding to which tier you already defeated. it cannot grant medals, but spawned bosses can drop their items.

Last edited:
You've already got heat waves, so how about cold snaps as well? Could inflict the chilled debuff while you're outside unless you have the cozy fire buff, and cause snow enemies to spawn in all biomes similar to how hailstorms do.

Great job , if i can bring my suggestion, i would like to see a drought event , as an higher tier of heat wave , it would destroy all plants and possibly burn trees .

Another suggestion would be bigger waves when there is wind and wildfire

Never thought something so sinister could look so pretty :D
rsz_ice_screenshot_20190510-171851.png

Heyyyyy, small bug report. Well, maybe not even a bug-
During a Heat Wave, if you enter the Taiga/Ice biome and/or water, instead of disappearing, the Heat Wave debuff is constantly taken away and reapplied every frame, causing IMMENSE flickering of all active buffs, made even worse by having multiple buffs active as they all constantly shift location.
Of note is that I have Better Buffs installed, though I don't see why it would cause this effect alone.

Also about the heat wave- It doesn't respect the "Heat Distortion Effect" option being disabled.
Might I ask that it perhaps change the aboveground lighting to be more orangish red, maybe with a slight reddish vignette on the screen corners, instead of the distracting shader effect if that's disabled?

Heyyyyy, small bug report. Well, maybe not even a bug-
During a Heat Wave, if you enter the Taiga/Ice biome and/or water, instead of disappearing, the Heat Wave debuff is constantly taken away and reapplied every frame, causing IMMENSE flickering of all active buffs, made even worse by having multiple buffs active as they all constantly shift location.
Of note is that I have Better Buffs installed, though I don't see why it would cause this effect alone.

Also about the heat wave- It doesn't respect the "Heat Distortion Effect" option being disabled.
Might I ask that it perhaps change the aboveground lighting to be more orangish red, maybe with a slight reddish vignette on the screen corners, instead of the distracting shader effect if that's disabled?
I have a feeling that it is that mod causing the conflict. I've just popped by the Snow Biome in a heat wave and the debuff disappears nicely, leaving my other buffs untouched.

I have a feeling that it is that mod causing the conflict. I've just popped by the Snow Biome in a heat wave and the debuff disappears nicely, leaving my other buffs untouched.
Huh... Odd. I can't see why it would do that, but I'll leave a bug report in its thread then.

Edit:
That said, the only way I can see this occuring is if the debuff is being applied by the event, and then taken away by the snow biome, every single frame, which doesn't sound very efficient. You may want to check and make sure that isn't the case, that there's a check for the snow biome/water/etc. before the debuff is applied too, instead of just after, to prevent it from getting added and needing to be immediately removed.

----

Also, another bug report, this time definitely this mod:
During heavy winds, the wind debuff that moves you like in the sandstorm is applied any time you're not close enough to a couple-block high solid wall. It doesn't appear to check for background walls, however. The result of this is that you can be underground, or inside a large house surrounded on all sides by solid walls and with a fully filled background wall, and if you're far enough away from the side "edges" you'll get pushed around as if the wind was magically appearing in the middle of your house.
(Yes, all the sloped blocks have walls inside them too. This also occured underground so I know it's definitely not due to missing background walls)
o6kdCg2.png

kOyjkjU.png

Last edited:
Following up on the above, it seems as if the blocks that the wind checks for can be just about anything. Trees, large mossy rocks, single or even half-blocks if they spawned that way (or you busted out the hammer), tall blades of grass or tiny pebbles... seemingly anything can block the heavy wind as long as you're downwind of it.

Following up on the above, it seems as if the blocks that the wind checks for can be just about anything. Trees, large mossy rocks, single or even half-blocks if they spawned that way (or you busted out the hammer), tall blades of grass or tiny pebbles... seemingly anything can block the heavy wind as long as you're downwind of it.
I’ll introduce some checks for specific blocks and tiles and such, thanks for the heads up!

Oh, and while I'm at it, I just found a rather odd interaction.
A Blood Moon and Peaceful Night "Weather" both started at the same time. This resulted in a blood red sky, blood rain, etc. while squirrels roamed around and calm music played, no enemies in sight... Aside from corrupted bunnies. Lots of corrupted bunnies.
This ah... Doesn't seem like it should be a possible combination. Doesn't really fit thematically.

Also the auroura stag enemy feels a touch too strong. When it fires its aura beam things, they home in REALLY well on you and do a boatload of damage, and it can fire lots at a time. Given that you can theoretically encounter this enemy instantly upon spawning into a new world if you spawn near the ice biome, even though it does need to be hit to become aggressive (this is a game where even just cutting a tree can make you accidentally hit 3 enemies) this isn't a great thing.

Also sorry if my constant reports are coming across as annoying. Just there's a lot to go through with this mod and I can only find things as they come up with the occasional weather event, not many ways to really test other than just waiting.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I just found a rather odd interaction.
A Blood Moon and Peaceful Night "Weather" both started at the same time. This resulted in a blood red sky, blood rain, etc. while squirrels roamed around and calm music played, no enemies in sight... Aside from corrupted bunnies. Lots of corrupted bunnies.
This ah... Doesn't seem like it should be a possible combination. Doesn't really fit thematically.

Also the auroura stag enemy feels a touch too strong. When it fires its aura beam things, they home in REALLY well on you and do a boatload of damage, and it can fire lots at a time. Given that you can theoretically encounter this enemy instantly upon spawning into a new world if you spawn near the ice biome, even though it does need to be hit to become aggressive (this is a game where even just cutting a tree can make you accidentally hit 3 enemies) this isn't a great thing.

Also sorry if my constant reports are coming across as annoying. Just there's a lot to go through with this mod and I can only find things as they come up with the occasional weather event, not many ways to really test other than just waiting.
Someone else reported this and I’ve fixed the interaction :)

I would’ve thought that the stag’s calm nature until hit was a counterbalance to its strength, but I’ll look into it.

I really appreciate your feedback, I don’t often test the mod in a real playthrough environment so all reports help!

oh i'm not sure if this is reported yet but if you use bottled water during a heatstroke and you take damage the buff no longer works. and also their should be a way to counter the cold front as well as it seems like a cold version of heatstroke.... and during multiplayer the acid rain event does not stop it goes on forever.

Been playing some with this mod and it really is some quality work. The additional weathers really add to the world without feeling too overbearing, and that music for the borealis... :passionate:

It's a yes from me!

So this is an iffy interaction with Better Buffs...
I can only assume that Vanilla objects which give buffs in a range (campfires, sunflowers, banners, etc) give a buff that doesn't have a timer or anything.
Meanwhile, the weather beacon seems to give a constantly-refreshed buff that does have a short timer. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but with Better Buffs, which gives a darkened-overlay showing remaining time for a buff, it causes this. (Please ignore the orange dot in the corner that's something to do with the recorder I used)
buffs.gif

So this is an iffy interaction with Better Buffs...
I can only assume that Vanilla objects which give buffs in a range (campfires, sunflowers, banners, etc) give a buff that doesn't have a timer or anything.
Meanwhile, the weather beacon seems to give a constantly-refreshed buff that does have a short timer. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but with Better Buffs, which gives a darkened-overlay showing remaining time for a buff, it causes this. (Please ignore the orange dot in the corner that's something to do with the recorder I used)
View attachment 221357
Hm, I'm not sure how to remedy this, as I don't set a high amount of bufftime so the buff quickly vanishes after you exit the range of the Scanner. What would you suggest?

Hm, I'm not sure how to remedy this, as I don't set a high amount of bufftime so the buff quickly vanishes after you exit the range of the Scanner. What would you suggest?
Huh, I dunno. Is it possible to see how Vanilla does objects like that? Because they seem to work correctly. Maybe see if there's anything like that in Examplemod?

Last edited:
Huh, I dunno. Is it possible to see how Vanilla does objects like that? Because they seem to work correctly. Maybe see if there's anything like that in Examplemod?
Sure, I'll take a look :)
Been playing some with this mod and it really is some quality work. The additional weathers really add to the world without feeling too overbearing, and that music for the borealis... :passionate:

It's a yes from me!
Thank you so much! I love your work, and I'm glad you're enjoying the mod :D
oh i'm not sure if this is reported yet but if you use bottled water during a heatstroke and you take damage the buff no longer works. and also their should be a way to counter the cold front as well as it seems like a cold version of heatstroke.... and during multiplayer the acid rain event does not stop it goes on forever.
I'll make sure to look into this. There are a lot of multiplayer bugs to sort out, so I'm very sorry about that.

Also, some more things, mainly pertaining to earthquakes. (Note: Most of these observations were made in multiplayer on a dedicated server)
1. They seem WAY too common and once started, seem to keep going and going and going with aftershock after aftershock with no end in sight, which can make mining trips VERY annoying. The chance of gems doesn't seem to work too well either, as I rarely get any.
2. Are earthquake-spawned enemies supposed to vanish after being hit sometimes?
They seem to just disappear into thin air occasionally when hit (not killed), and occasionally they'll then appear again from way off the screen.
3. When an earthquake-spawned enemy kills me, it gives a message saying that some other random enemy killed me. In one case it said Ice Slime, in another it said Goldfish (not even Corrupted Goldfish, just Goldfish).
4. The tremors making you unable to move or jump makes mining with bombs INCREDIBLY stressful since sudden earthquakes could hit at any moment and them boom you're dead.

5? Unsure if this is related but after I logged out of the server, the other person on the server started mentioning tremors, and at the same time, the server's log started getting spammed with something about a Message Buffer error? Dunno if that's related to that at all though.

Edit:
Also something tells me this shouldn't be possible.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom