tModLoader Magic Storage

hey, i just installed the mod and it works great, except for one thing. when i loaded the world into multiplayer half the world disappeared and all the npcs kept infinite falling. i would like to know if this is common. when i loaded it into singleplayer it went back to normal.

EDIT: i tried it again and it happened again
i do have a recording but the file size is quite large.

Last edited:
hey, i just installed the mod and it works great, except for one thing. when i loaded the world into multiplayer half the world disappeared and all the npcs kept infinite falling. i would like to know if this is common. when i loaded it into singleplayer it went back to normal.

EDIT: i tried it again and it happened again
i do have a recording but the file size is quite large.
Sounds like a known issue. Are you running a Mac by chance?

Crafting module seems to be missing recipes? First I've noticed are the Comet Shard and Astral Chunk from the Calamity Mod.

*Edit* - I was filtering by weapons =P

Last edited:
yes i am. ive been trying to get a real computer lately though. it will not let me post the recording
Yeah, sounds like the same issue a few of us have been having. There's a workaround I mentioned both on the last page and the page before it, and the devs are aware. I assume a permanent fix is in the works, though there hasn't been any update on that.

Anyone know the recipes??
I just started using this mod and have no clue how to make any of the parts since the OP images are broken

Anyone know the recipes??
I just started using this mod and have no clue how to make any of the parts since the OP images are broken
I use Recipe Browser in modded gameplay, since some of the mods I use aren't very well documented as far as recipes go (or have too many items to keep track of them all). I remember the storage component is some iron and some wood, and then the storage heart requires emeralds and diamonds, the crafting interface requires sapphires and diamonds, and the storage containers themselves are a chest and some tungsten. Don't ask me about particular amounts, though, as it's been a few weeks since I've had to look at the recipes.

Having trouble on a multiplayer server, where the storage heart acts like NOTHING is connected, yet I can still place items inside.

Attachments

• storage problem.png
    storage problem.png
    421.3 KB · Views: 278
Having trouble on a multiplayer server, where the storage heart acts like NOTHING is connected, yet I can still place items inside.
Eyy, is that Mint I see?
Yeah, it's a known issue with how Terraria on Mac/Linux is run. There's a workaround involving swapping out one of the library files in the Terraria directory on page 59 if you want to try that.

#####Accidental Double Post#####
Seems like imksushi mod items don't show up when searching mods in the crafting interface..
I believe that's because imksushi's doesn't add any items itself. The crafting interface sorts by what mod the crafted item is from, not what mod adds the recipe (e.g. the Shiny Red Balloon recipe won't show up as imksushi's because the item itself is vanilla, even though the recipe is modded).

Hey guys. I just recently added the Magic Storage mod to my server and it has been causing some problems. Everytime i place an item from the mod in the console it says
"[2019-05-20 08:24:41]: Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer". If i place the items a few times it'll end up crashing the server. Is there a way to combat this problem? Am i doing something wrong? Thank you very much!

Hey guys. I just recently added the Magic Storage mod to my server and it has been causing some problems. Everytime i place an item from the mod in the console it says
"[2019-05-20 08:24:41]: Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer". If i place the items a few times it'll end up crashing the server. Is there a way to combat this problem? Am i doing something wrong? Thank you very much!
The mod isn't compatible with multiplayer at the moment.

Thank you for the quick response! Is there an ETA for when it will be updated? Would love to use this fantastic mod!
To clarify it seems like many people are having trouble with the mod on multiplayer, especially mac users. Others have reported their items randomly disappearing in multiplayer. Best to avoid using this mod for multiplayer at the moment.

There hasn't been an update since last August, so there's really no telling when another update will happen unfortunately.

Update: Every mod related block and biome was deleted, it seems like it's not magicstorage's fault, items remained but all blocks are gone, anyone got any idea if this is revertable somehow?

Last edited:
Update: Every mod related block and biome was deleted, it seems like it's not magicstorage's fault, items remained but all blocks are gone, anyone got any idea if this is revertable somehow?
Did you use Tedit? This happened to me after trying to edit a world.

No, I think I had it set to be on steam cloud without manually doing a local backup.A quick peek around the internets has told me that I should never do that with a modded world or player. Good to know now, I only lost about 30 hours of gameplay, which is better than the people that have lost hundreds I supposed

Hi, really appreciate this mod. But like the user Sanity Evoker (along with the exception he brought up on page 53), I've been getting a Silently Caught Exception whenever I use the crafting interface, either after typing in the name in the Search Name textbox or when I spam the Craft button one time too many. Has this issue ever been addressed?

The exception in question is as follows:
Silently Caught Exception: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.KeyCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.IsAvailable(Recipe recipe)
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.<RefreshRecipes>b__5(Recipe recipe)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.RefreshRecipes()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Very much like the previously mentioned user. The only mods I'm running are CheatSheet, Luiafk, MagicStorage, and RecipeBrowser.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am incapable of using this mod with the tPatcher client mod. Every time I open the storage heart I crash with the following error.

Code:
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called. at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState,

SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)

at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Back
Top Bottom