Votes: 3 3.7%
  • PED Suit

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Dark Samus

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Are you Crazy? All of the above!

Votes: 56 68.3%

• Total voters
The mod itself looks pretty intresting, and I think more drops for the boss could make it more worth fighting for each class. Who wouldn't want a metroid minion to suck on the brains of foes?
Thanks! The boss is pretty lackluster in drops right now. The beams could easily be either magic or ranged, and as you said, I could make a Metroid summoning item. Not sure what I would do for a melee class though.

No, there is no way to do that. Is it because the enemies are too strong, or do they just spawn too often? I can decrease the enemies health or spawn rate if that is the problem.
A little of both. The spawn rate is a bit high for all of them, but the wavers in particular tend to flood caves, and coupled with how much health they have, it becomes a nuisance.
As a side note, it feels really really weird to have Ridley as a common enemy. I assume that's going to change at some point in the future, but it's still really bizarre to see the tiny Ridley floating around, and then suicide in lava. At this point I'm just considering them as failed clones that escaped some lab, and aren't quite smart enough to live.
Actually, if you keep them in, and rename them 'Rodney' and maybe a slight recolor, it'd be even funnier. Have them eventually drop the supplies to summon the real Ridley

A little of both. The spawn rate is a bit high for all of them, but the wavers in particular tend to flood caves, and coupled with how much health they have, it becomes a nuisance.
As a side note, it feels really really weird to have Ridley as a common enemy. I assume that's going to change at some point in the future, but it's still really bizarre to see the tiny Ridley floating around, and then suicide in lava. At this point I'm just considering them as failed clones that escaped some lab, and aren't quite smart enough to live.
Actually, if you keep them in, and rename them 'Rodney' and maybe a slight recolor, it'd be even funnier. Have them eventually drop the supplies to summon the real Ridley
Alright, I released an update yesterday and halved the spawn rate of most enemies, but I can lower their health if it is still a problem. As for Ridley, he his going to be removed whenever the boss is added, I just thought it would be fun to have him while you wait for the boss. I didn't know that he wasn't immune to lava, I'll have to change that. Thanks for your feedback

Last edited:
I've recently been thinking about how the Alpha Metroid should be spawned. In Fusion, the game I based the Alpha metroid off, there are test tubes you find with the metroids in them. I recreated a smaller version and was thinking this could spawn randomly in the underground, and spawn the boss when you break it. The only problem I see is that it could potentially be aggravating trying to find this in a large world. I'm not sure if I should go this route, and so I thought I would get some feedback on this idea. Here is what it would look like if I went with this method.
AlphaFusion Tube.gif

Last edited:
I've recently been thinking about how the Alpha Metroid should be spawned. In Fusion, the game I based the Alpha metroid off, there are test tubes you find with the metroids in them. I recreated a smaller version and was thinking this could spawn randomly in the underground, and spawn the boss when you break it. The only problem I see is that it could potentially be aggravating trying to find this in a large world. I'm not sure if I should go this route, and so I thought I would get some feedback on this idea. Here is what it would look like if I went with this method.
View attachment 221336
Perhaps you could have 40 Metroids spawn in a world and have each amount be based on the amounts from metroid 2? I don't know how practical this would be
though...

Perhaps you could have 40 Metroids spawn in a world and have each amount be based on the amounts from metroid 2? I don't know how practical this would be
though...
This would build upon my idea of having a town npc that tells you how many Metroids you have left to find a kill. If I was to do this, I think a good amount would be: 7 Alphas, 5 Gammas, 3 Zetas, and 1 Omega in the world. To lock the bosses behind progression, I guess I could just make the spawners require the appropriate pickaxe power for the stage of the game they are meant to be fought at.

View attachment 221336
That is true, while I like this idea a bit more a summoning backup would be nice (but make it only craftable with drops from the boss)
As how you'd find one. My advice is to limit where they can spawn underground, such as maybe only in the outermost limits of your world? (like oceans and below)

That is true, while I like this idea a bit more a summoning backup would be nice (but make it only craftable with drops from the boss)
As how you'd find one. My advice is to limit where they can spawn underground, such as maybe only in the outermost limits of your world? (like oceans and below)
One of my concerns with this idea was about the player failing to beat the boss, then never being able to summon it again. If I made the boss drop an extra summon, the player could die, thus never being able to summon the boss again. I think I might make it so that when you break the tube, it summons the boss and drops and an extra summon item. As for where it spawns, yeah, I probably will limit it so a certain biome or coordinates.

Why not make the capsule an extra-rare NPC spawn instead of a world object? That way you will eventually find it, and decide if you want to destroy it to start the battle or quietly exit stage left.
That seems like a really good idea. That way the player wouldn't have to worry about not being able to find another one, and I could just have the later test tubes spawn only after a certain vanilla boss is beaten. I also wouldn't have to mess with world-gen, which is a plus for me.

One of my concerns with this idea was about the player failing to beat the boss, then never being able to summon it again. If I made the boss drop an extra summon, the player could die, thus never being able to summon the boss again. I think I might make it so that when you break the tube, it summons the boss and drops and an extra summon item. As for where it spawns, yeah, I probably will limit it so a certain biome or coordinates.
Or just have the structure spawns but also have the summon items craftable from various materials (alpha requires rotten chunks/vertibrae, gamma requires crystal shards, zeta requires ectoplasm, omega requires luminite, just as examples) where the summons require farming but the generated metroids are like a one shot "free summon."

Or just have the structure spawns but also have the summon items craftable from various materials (alpha requires rotten chunks/vertibrae, gamma requires crystal shards, zeta requires ectoplasm, omega requires luminite, just as examples) where the summons require farming but the generated metroids are like a one shot "free summon."
The problem with this is that if you can craft it with normal materials, the the generated one basically becomes obsolete. It would be much easier to farm materials then to hunt down the structure across the whole map.

The problem with this is that if you can craft it with normal materials, the the generated one basically becomes obsolete. It would be much easier to farm materials then to hunt down the structure across the whole map.
But the thing is, some people I know hate farming for literally anything so much that they would rather find that... You could also make it so expensive to craft that it's almost easier to go find the naturally spawning one.
[doublepost=1557795839,1557795324][/doublepost]
Why not make the capsule an extra-rare NPC spawn instead of a world object? That way you will eventually find it, and decide if you want to destroy it to start the battle or quietly exit stage left.
after reading this, I feel like this is honestly a better idea than mine, but my only problem with it is that the amount you could find wouldn't be limited like in Metroid 2...
Eh, I guess it's fine. Those capsules were made for cloning anyway in Fusion

After reading this, I feel like this is honestly a better idea than mine, but my only problem with it is that the amount you could find wouldn't be limited like in Metroid 2...
Eh, I guess it's fine. Those capsules were made for cloning anyway in Fusion
I might be able to find a way to limit the amount that can be spawned.

Alright, I released an update yesterday and halved the spawn rate of most enemies, but I can lower their health if it is still a problem. As for Ridley, he his going to be removed whenever the boss is added, I just thought it would be fun to have him while you wait for the boss. I didn't know that he wasn't immune to lava, I'll have to change that. Thanks for your feedback
Also, dunno if it's supposed to be like this, but it appears the fusion suit doesn't have a set bonus? I haven't built the others yet, but the first one had a ranged bonus if I recall correctly

Also, dunno if it's supposed to be like this, but it appears the fusion suit doesn't have a set bonus? I haven't built the others yet, but the first one had a ranged bonus if I recall correctly
Yeah, the power suit gives you extra ranged damage, and the gravity suit lets you move and breathe in water. Currently the Fusion suit has no set bonus, but thanks to @IDGCaptainRussia helping with the code, It will have a set bonus so that you take no damage from the x parasite enemies in the next update.

Last edited:
Yeah, the power suit gives you extra ranged damage, and the gravity suit lets you move and breathe in water. Currently the Fusion suit has no set bonus, but thanks to @IDGCaptainRussia helping with the code, It will have a set bonus so that you take no damage from the x parasite enemies in the next update.
May I make an extra suggestion? Maybe the Fusion suit could also spawn healing parasites to emulate the original game's healing mechanic. Like the spectre hood set but spawning parasites instead of spirits.

I have another suggestion,What if you make X-parasites(with variations)spawn in all biomes?,you can absorb them with the fusion suit(like @Kojiro_S says).They can heal 20/10 of health (10 on expert mode),and the healing mechanic is disabled if you fight a boss (to avoid exploiting or taking advantage of the mechanic)

Maybe make the set bonus give a chance to spawn a healing X parasite when you kill an enemy? (Yellow restores 20 hp, Green restores 20 mana, Red restores 100 of both but is incredibly rare just like in Fusion)

Back
Top Bottom