Terraria State of the Game - April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a graphic problem in a part of my world with this update
08c32e2b-bd1a-42a9-a73c-771e5d089bee
I think I see a graphic problem of your graphic problem.

The image is broken.

NPCs are so dumb. I've been waiting for the traveling merchant to spawn because I want the companion cube pet (I am a player of Portal and Portal 2). Finally he spawns... over in the jungle by my witch doctor. He then proceeds to walk into a small pool of water, be unable to get out, and drowns.

*facepalm*

Why can NPCs not swim?

In other news, my new 1.3.1 world has yielded the hoplite and medusa statues. I am now swimming in banners, javelins, and gladiator armor, and I have gotten the medusa head to drop after a bit over 1,600 kills.

Statue Spawned monsters either have a MUCH lower drop chance, or no drop chance at all. A good example is when I've done a run where I never went to the surface until very late game, and I wanted a Money Trough. Took close to 9000 Drippler kills before I got it. The wiki has details about each monster, and drop chances when it comes to being spawned via statue.

Statue Spawned monsters either have a MUCH lower drop chance, or no drop chance at all. A good example is when I've done a run where I never went to the surface until very late game, and I wanted a Money Trough. Took close to 9000 Drippler kills before I got it. The wiki has details about each monster, and drop chances when it comes to being spawned via statue.

Yeah, I'm aware that the drop chances are something like 4x lower (or worse) from statue-spawned enemies. I was lucky getting it after so few kills

I have the drippler statue, too, but I don't need extra money troughs currently

Last edited:
Dr studios that they fell asleep there no no spoilers
where is it all soon you are rubbing up trust to all your users on mobiles; in fact, I bought a terrarium only because of the update, but you don’t make it a release

Dr studios that they fell asleep there no no spoilers
where is it all soon you are rubbing up trust to all your users on mobiles; in fact, I bought a terrarium only because of the update, but you don’t make it a release
Updating something (rewriting everything in this case), making a game, polishing a game is not an easy job. Plus, faster doesn't mean better, so pushing devs to do something faster won't necessarily make things better for anyone.

How's the progress going so far? It's kinda funny how not one person was mentioned to have been picked for the closed beta so far.

So, on the PC version theres an experimental texture pack option that can only be enabled by editing a game file. It was released in 1.3.4 if I'm correct. How will console receive it? Will it still be experimental by then or will we just not receive it at all?

So, on the PC version theres an experimental texture pack option that can only be enabled by editing a game file. It was released in 1.3.4 if I'm correct. How will console receive it? Will it still be experimental by then or will we just not receive it at all?
Won't receive it all probably. Xbox and PS4 both have very big restrictions on uploading custom user content. ReLogic or 505 would have to pay to host the content themselves in order for consoles to be allowed to access it. I just don't see it happening.

How's the progress going so far? It's kinda funny how not one person was mentioned to have been picked for the closed beta so far.

Because it isn't time for it yet? :)

Won't receive it all probably. Xbox and PS4 both have very big restrictions on uploading custom user content. ReLogic or 505 would have to pay to host the content themselves in order for consoles to be allowed to access it. I just don't see it happening.

More or less this ^

In regards to modding and stuff like that, first parties (MS/Sony/Apple/Google/etc) put major restrictions on what and how this can take place, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom