Terraria 1.3.1 Now Available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went into my world half way through the loading screen my game crashed ans now my only world that i love wont work any more ever since this update came out please fix this as soon as possible
Out of interest, did you back your world up to the cloud as the update was installing?

Hi, I'm new to the forums. Just love this game. But I I'm a little confused. For starters I play on Xbox one. When I look at manage game it says Version 1.0.0.24, and in Game along the bottom right corner it says v1.0.1372.6. Just curious if that's what 1.3.1 is. I apologize for this being a stupid question.

Hi, I'm new to the forums. Just love this game. But I I'm a little confused. For starters I play on Xbox one. When I look at manage game it says Version 1.0.0.24, and in Game along the bottom right corner it says v1.0.1372.6. Just curious if that's what 1.3.1 is. I apologize for this being a stupid question.
The console has it's own version numbers separate from PC. 1.3.1 is the name of the equivalent PC update that console just got.

I've been lurking for a while, and I noticed since the change to Pipeworks PC progress has slowed a lot, and console has sped up massively. Is this because of plans for cross-play and servers? That would be incredible. I don't really socialize much anyways, but the lack of real things happening around me in-game makes it pretty lonely.

Finally 1.3.1...I was waiting for this update impatiently. Even if it required a while, thanks to everyone who worked on it for the great job ;)
I played it a couple of hours today and enjoyed it, so far so good. Just noticed a little bug about the Grand Design: it doesn't place wires on sloped blocks and, if I'm placing a long section of wires and the cursor pass on a sloped block, it interrupt the placement, wich is a bit frustrating. I don't know if is clear what I mean, but I'll try to make a video and explain it better in the bug section if I'll play tomorrow

We’re pleased to announce that the 1.3.1 update for Terraria is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We hope you enjoy the list of new features! As always, the team will be keeping a close eye on the release of this patch to make sure no major issues emerge from the underworld. What that said, if you do manage to come across any bugs in the wild please report them here. We appreciate your continued support!

With that said, here is a list of what all is coming your way with the latest update to Terraria for XB1/PS4:

NEW CONTENT

NEW FEATURES
  • Dart Traps & all Temple Traps can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time, revolutionizing arena building
  • Cannons (normal, bunny, confetti, Snowball Launcher) can now be controlled by wire and shoot fake projectiles!

NEW ITEMS
  • Tons of new Wiring/Mechanical items - from Logic Gates to Logic Sensors to Junction Boxes, Conveyor Belts, and more!
  • Yellow Wrench adds a fourth wire color
  • The Grand Design, once crafted, will place all of your cool wiring tools in one place for easy use
  • Team Blocks and Platforms make for cool new aspects to your PVP games
  • Static Hook will allow you full control over your grappling
  • New Pressure Plates, including the Teal Pressure Plate (which can be triggered by pets and projectiles)
  • Trapped Chests can now be crafted to keep others from poking around in your stuff
  • Angler Tackle Bag will make fishing more efficient than ever!
  • Brand new Critter & Monster Statues
  • And of course, who could forget that you will now be able to pick up your very own Companion Cube from the Traveling Merchant!

QUALITY OF LIFE TWEAKS
  • Improved Wire drawing to look less fuzzy with multiple colors on the same tile.
  • New large gem over-head display
  • You can now use situational building accessories from your inventory and toggle their effects like info accessories
  • Decompressed sprite graphics for improved fidelity

MISCELLANEOUS ADDITIONS

• Duke Fishron will no longer run away so easily
  • You will find Beehives in the Jungle - Not the bees!
  • Torches can be put on actuated tiles

index.php

BUG FIXES

Along with the new features included in this update the team has also been working through the backlog of bugs. We’re happy to report that we have fixed well over 100 bugs in this patch. We want to thank everyone in the community who continues to report any issues that appear in the game. It’s a critical component to helping us improve things and keep them running smoothly.

You can check out the list below.

STABILITY/CRASHES
  • Resolved a crash that would occur after a non-host player would exit a multiplayer session
  • Fixed a bug where a crash could occur during the generation of a 2nd world using a fresh profile
  • Resolved a crash that would trigger from signing in and out of player profiles on Xbox One
  • Fixed a bug where menu functionality would fail after performing a sign-in change
  • Fixed a bug where all the players would get kicked out of a session when one of them was exploring the Underworld biome
  • Resolved a bug where the player was unable to exit the game session via save & exit after resuming the title from connected standby
  • Fixed a bug where the game would crash after invoking a chest after re-hosting the same world
  • Resolved a multiplayer bug where the player would get kicked out of the session after stepping on a land mine
  • Resolved several other crash bugs around console profile usage
  • Fixed a bug where a player was unable to host or join a multiplayer session after previously exiting from that session when a secondary player was in the character selection screen
  • Resolved a bug where the game would crash during world generation after deleting save data
  • Fixed a few other crashes related to network connectivity on the world generation screen

FUNCTIONALITY
  • Resolved a bug where the Wormhole potion lacked functionality for the player in a multiplayer or cooperative session
  • Fixed a bug where graphical corruption was observed occasionally when using spears
  • Resolved a bug where the players were able to fire an infinite number of rockets after placing them
  • Fixed a bug where accomplishments that have the criteria to defeat bosses/enemies failed to unlock in multiplayer after fulfilling the criteria
  • Resolved a bug where the grapple functionality of “Lunar Hook’ was divided between the players
  • Fixed a bug where a Hardcore character failed to navigate back to the spawn point set by the player
  • Resolved a bug where certain weapons and tools would stop functioning while using them continuously
  • Fixed a bug where incorrect game behavior could occur after performing a connected stand-buy during world loading
  • Resolved a bug where information stats were carried over to the main menu after a LAN ejection or force closing a multiplayer session
  • Fixed a bug where the ‘Lock on Priority’ mark carried forward to the full-screen map
  • Resolved a bug where certain debuffs didn’t apply for the player when inflicted by the host in PvP
  • Fixed a bug where in some rare instances the player was unable to create a new character
  • Resolved a bug where multiplayer session invitations were sent incorrectly

ART/GRAPHICS/TEXT
  • Fixed a bug where graphical corruption was observed occasionally when using spears
  • Resolved a bug where Yoraizor’s spell became distorted over the character’s eyes while flying
  • Fixed a bug where the lava lamp caused highlighted doors to flicker
  • Resolved a bug where the avatars feet were missing from the dresser preview UI
  • Fixed a bug where multiple menus could be seen for a second after adding additional split-screen players
  • Resolved a bug where the Mushroom statue did not animate when activated
  • Fixed dozens of other art inconsistencies between the console and PC versions
  • Resolved a few instances of graphical corruption when zooming
  • Dozens of localization fixes have been included in this update

index.php

That's it for now! We really hope everyone enjoys what is in this update - let us know your thoughts as always. We will now turn our sights towards finishing up Terraria for Nintendo Switch and then launch head-on into the next wave of content for all three platforms. We are eagerly looking forward to sharing those plans with you soon!
Was hoping for the Cog wall to come out on ps4, guess it didnt...

I've been lurking for a while, and I noticed since the change to Pipeworks PC progress has slowed a lot, and console has sped up massively. Is this because of plans for cross-play and servers? That would be incredible. I don't really socialize much anyways, but the lack of real things happening around me in-game makes it pretty lonely.
Re-Logic works on the PC version, not Pipeworks (console/Switch)

While cross-play would certainly be a desirable goal, the console manufactures can't seem to agree on a plan to make it a widely available option for the majority of games. There's not much we can do to 'plan' for crossplay until/unless they make a serious effort to allow that.

@Loki @ClearConscious here's a list of the latest bugs, plus the bugs leftoveer that weren't address from the previous patch(es). Instead of making you another list of the latter, it was way quicker to copy and paste the old list and delete the few things you did actually fix (seriously, who does the testing for these releases?):

New 1.3.1 Bugs
  1. My main world gets 99% loaded and the the app quits with an error code. I then have to start it again, load a different world (which seems to only only work with 1.2.4 worlds), quit that world, THEN load my main world. Massive ball-ache when you consider the slow loading speed bug from the previous patch.
  2. The cursor for place-able items (from RoD to wrenches to summon items to projectile weapons) stays where it was in relation to the player once you stop moving, instead of resetting back to the centre of the screen. Very annoying when you've got lots of switches close together which you could previously kust stand on top of to operate.
  3. The Grand Design UI keeps moving you along the hotbar 1 slot to the right every time you select something, because you press R2, which navigates the hotbar: who came up with that? Why not select wire colour etc. with "X" like in the paint sprayer etc.? It's a great example of the difference between logic and common sense. Also, id it meant to reset itself after every world load?
  4. Travelling Merchant fails to appear some days.
  5. Dart traps (super or otherwise) aren't triggering teal pressure plates. Speartraps do.
  6. I know that pets can set off teal pressure plates, but are minions meant to as well? The UFOs keep hitting it as I'm building and mesing the whole farm up.
  7. One tile's worth of wire will suddenly vanish without being cut. This happens anywhere on the map, even in areas I haven't been to for months. It's been breaking loads of my farms.

Disruptive bugs:
  1. Stuttering lag:
    I know you're probably inundated with reports of this, but here it is again. The lag interrupts many features of gameplay, including movement inputs (causing solar armour to perform unwanted dashes, vortex armour to go into stealth without wanting to etc). Its also causing visual layers to render slowly. This is apparent when you're in a UFO mount and the edge of the screen takes a half second to show solid blocks. Also, when teleporting, it takes a while for the tiles to all generate. I've stopped doing frost moon altogether as it just can't cope.
  2. Game loads:
    The "drawing maps" part of loading a map now take even longer, roughly around 1% per second
  3. Mobs are spawning halfway inside blocks:
    This one is fairly niche, but it's still worth a mention. I auto-farm using UFO minions, with the spawn surface being 40 tiles below me. I have been killed a few times by mobs that stand still and use projectiles (Rune Wizard, Desert Spirit, Skeleton Sniper, Tactical Skeleton) being halfway inside a solid wall, where they are not detected by the UFOs. I tried to fix this by removing the bottom block of the wall and filling it with lava kept in place using a bubble (which are no longer solid and I'm loving it). They still spawn there and are actually being burned by the lava. As mobs cannot spawn on lava, I'm guessing that the spawn tile the game chooses is on the wrong side of the 2x3 space for a mob to generate (again, just a guess).
  4. Shutdown with error code CE-34878-0:
  5. This has only happened once [EDIT: three times] since the patch, instead of three times a day, but I thought I should mention it. [EDIT 1.3.1] This now happens when a world is 99% loaded around 1 in 5 times
  6. Frost Moon vanishing loot:
    When finishing the Frost moon, the loot begins to disappear as you walk toward it. It has nothing to do with the loose item limit, as no other loose items are being created. It literally vanishes before your eyes.
Non-disruptive bugs:
  1. D-Pad binding:
    This still needs to be redone every time you load a map, instead of being permanent. Also, by binding the "UP" key on the D-pad to "quick heal", it renders all other D-pad bindings inert. Lastly, binding is based on slot, whereas before it was based on item; if I move my bound pickaxe two slots down it's no longer bound to the D-pad.
  2. Vanishing campfires: [Not tested by me since 1.3.1]
    Bone campfires and ultra-bright campfires both vanish when removed with a pickaxe. I'm not sure if this is because they're both made with the only non-craftable torches, or whether they are early items from 1.3.1.
  3. Wire stacks:
    If I have a full inventory, with incomplete wire stacks in my ammo slots, the bits of wire I've just cut aren't being picked up into the wire stacks, and just stay on the ground. However, if I delete something from my inventory, the wires are picked up, and go into the stacks in my ammo slots.
  4. Silt exploit:
    Sometimes silt is not consumed at the extractinator, but it still kicks out loot. I know this might ruin some peoples' fun, but it could be part of a larger issue. Sorry everybody!
  5. Blocked mounts:
    This carried over from before the patch. Whenever I'm stood in front of something I can stand on that's one block high (platforms, anvils, work benches, dynasty tables) I can't summon a mount.
  6. Waxing moons:[Not tested by me since 1.3.1]
    The moon phases always say "waning", regardless of which side of a new moon/full moon they are. As they are both equal in terms of fishing power etc. it's not a huge issue, but worth a mention anyway.
  7. [EDIT] Dungeon mobs:[Not tested by me since 1.3.1]
    All types of dungeon mobs are spawning in all dunegon areas, regardless of the type of wall (slab/brick/tiled) This makes it three times harder to farm for specific items. Also, the mobs are spawning in normal caverns if I'm in the dungeon, which I'm fairly sure shouldn't be the case.
Aesthetic issues:
  1. Flickering doors:
    Doors, tall gates and trap doors all strobe when near the player.
  2. Water surfaces:
    Sometimes the surfaces of underground water bodies are visible as a white line, despite being in total darkness.
  3. Track Junctions:
    When hammering minecart track junctions, the sprites are the wrong way around; the cart goes over the "gap" in the tracks.
  4. Paint on dummies:
    I think this might be the case on PC too, but paint is being consumed on dummies, but not showing. The same applies to weapon racks.
  5. Bubble bug:
    Liquids on top of bubbles flash in and out of a "waterfall state", where the liquids act, for a split second, like they are on top of a block that's been hammered once into the flat position to create waterfalls. This flickers in and out rapidly.
  6. NPC map icons:
    These are very small, and make sit difficult to find NPCs or other players.
  7. Slime Rain background:
    When a slime rain occurs, the animated slimes drop behind the mountains, making them seem the size of a large stadium.
Questions:
  1. Loading time:
    Is there a reason the game takes so long to load now, compared to 1.2.4? I understand that large maps are now LARGE maps, but the whole loading process is around seven times longer. It seems even longer since the last patch a few months ago. Also, is there a reason that the game saves for such a long time in between selecting a character and selecting a map? What is it saving that wasn't saved when exiting the previous session?
  2. Mini-grid:
    The circle of white squares around the cursor is great for tools, but does it have to be on everything? I don't need it on weapons for example, and it does spoil the aesthetic when taking screenshots.
  3. Cursor speed:
    Is there any chance that weapons' cursor speeds can be sped up? It's very hard to hit a Martian saucer with a Lunar Flare or Star wrath because it's going at a tool's speed.
  4. Opacity in build mode:
    As I mentioned, I love the UI slider. Have you considered making it automatically going to 50% when clicking "R3" in build mode? Then going back to the user's preference once the item has been placed?
  5. Item sorting:
    I don't really know what "sort items" does, but in chests in seems to not sort anything at all. Shouldn't the same types of item all be next to one another?
  6. Map cursor:
    Is there any way that the movement of the map cursor can be improved? At the moment it's very difficult to hold it over anything because it's too sensitive, as if the grid that the cursor movement is based on has squares that are far too large. It makes using wormhole potions or identifying object all but impossible. Also, in 1.2.4 we were able to move it diagonally, and everything was one fluid movement. Now we have to go left/right, stop, go up/down, stop, go left/right and so on.
  7. Keyboard:
    Is there any way we can go back to using the PS4's keyboard? The in-game one is nowhere near as good.
I hope this helps, and if I find anything else I'll let me know. As I find more I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The traveling merchant only has a chance of spawning every day, between 6am and noon. He is not and was never guaranteed to arrive every day

The traveling merchant only has a chance of spawning every day, between 6am and noon. He is not and was never guaranteed to arrive every day
Before the patch he turned up every day, and often way before 6am.
[doublepost=1557939419,1557938895][/doublepost]
start choosing testers
Does that mean you outsource Terraria players to test the game, instead of in-house?

@Loki @ClearConscious here's a list of the latest bugs, plus the bugs leftoveer that weren't address from the previous patch(es). Instead of making you another list of the latter, it was way quicker to copy and paste the old list and delete the few things you did actually fix (seriously, who does the testing for these releases?):

New 1.3.1 Bugs
  1. My main world gets 99% loaded and the the app quits with an error code. I then have to start it again, load a different world (which seems to only only work with 1.2.4 worlds), quit that world, THEN load my main world. Massive ball-ache when you consider the slow loading speed bug from the previous patch.
  2. The cursor for place-able items (from RoD to wrenches to summon items to projectile weapons) stays where it was in relation to the player once you stop moving, instead of resetting back to the centre of the screen. Very annoying when you've got lots of switches close together which you could previously kust stand on top of to operate.
  3. The Grand Design UI keeps moving you along the hotbar 1 slot to the right every time you select something, because you press R2, which navigates the hotbar: who came up with that? Why not select wire colour etc. with "X" like in the paint sprayer etc.? It's a great example of the difference between logic and common sense. Also, id it meant to reset itself after every world load?
  4. Travelling Merchant fails to appear some days.
  5. Dart traps (super or otherwise) aren't triggering teal pressure plates. Speartraps do.
  6. I know that pets can set off teal pressure plates, but are minions meant to as well? The UFOs keep hitting it as I'm building and mesing the whole farm up.
  7. One tile's worth of wire will suddenly vanish without being cut. This happens anywhere on the map, even in areas I haven't been to for months. It's been breaking loads of my farms.

Disruptive bugs:
  1. Stuttering lag:
    I know you're probably inundated with reports of this, but here it is again. The lag interrupts many features of gameplay, including movement inputs (causing solar armour to perform unwanted dashes, vortex armour to go into stealth without wanting to etc). Its also causing visual layers to render slowly. This is apparent when you're in a UFO mount and the edge of the screen takes a half second to show solid blocks. Also, when teleporting, it takes a while for the tiles to all generate. I've stopped doing frost moon altogether as it just can't cope.
  2. Game loads:
    The "drawing maps" part of loading a map now take even longer, roughly around 1% per second
  3. Mobs are spawning halfway inside blocks:
    This one is fairly niche, but it's still worth a mention. I auto-farm using UFO minions, with the spawn surface being 40 tiles below me. I have been killed a few times by mobs that stand still and use projectiles (Rune Wizard, Desert Spirit, Skeleton Sniper, Tactical Skeleton) being halfway inside a solid wall, where they are not detected by the UFOs. I tried to fix this by removing the bottom block of the wall and filling it with lava kept in place using a bubble (which are no longer solid and I'm loving it). They still spawn there and are actually being burned by the lava. As mobs cannot spawn on lava, I'm guessing that the spawn tile the game chooses is on the wrong side of the 2x3 space for a mob to generate (again, just a guess).
  4. Shutdown with error code CE-34878-0:
  5. This has only happened once [EDIT: three times] since the patch, instead of three times a day, but I thought I should mention it. [EDIT 1.3.1] This now happens when a world is 99% loaded around 1 in 5 times
  6. Frost Moon vanishing loot:
    When finishing the Frost moon, the loot begins to disappear as you walk toward it. It has nothing to do with the loose item limit, as no other loose items are being created. It literally vanishes before your eyes.
Non-disruptive bugs:
  1. D-Pad binding:
    This still needs to be redone every time you load a map, instead of being permanent. Also, by binding the "UP" key on the D-pad to "quick heal", it renders all other D-pad bindings inert. Lastly, binding is based on slot, whereas before it was based on item; if I move my bound pickaxe two slots down it's no longer bound to the D-pad.
  2. Vanishing campfires: [Not tested by me since 1.3.1]
    Bone campfires and ultra-bright campfires both vanish when removed with a pickaxe. I'm not sure if this is because they're both made with the only non-craftable torches, or whether they are early items from 1.3.1.
  3. Wire stacks:
    If I have a full inventory, with incomplete wire stacks in my ammo slots, the bits of wire I've just cut aren't being picked up into the wire stacks, and just stay on the ground. However, if I delete something from my inventory, the wires are picked up, and go into the stacks in my ammo slots.
  4. Silt exploit:
    Sometimes silt is not consumed at the extractinator, but it still kicks out loot. I know this might ruin some peoples' fun, but it could be part of a larger issue. Sorry everybody!
  5. Blocked mounts:
    This carried over from before the patch. Whenever I'm stood in front of something I can stand on that's one block high (platforms, anvils, work benches, dynasty tables) I can't summon a mount.
  6. Waxing moons:[Not tested by me since 1.3.1]
    The moon phases always say "waning", regardless of which side of a new moon/full moon they are. As they are both equal in terms of fishing power etc. it's not a huge issue, but worth a mention anyway.
  7. [EDIT] Dungeon mobs:[Not tested by me since 1.3.1]
    All types of dungeon mobs are spawning in all dunegon areas, regardless of the type of wall (slab/brick/tiled) This makes it three times harder to farm for specific items. Also, the mobs are spawning in normal caverns if I'm in the dungeon, which I'm fairly sure shouldn't be the case.
Aesthetic issues:
  1. Flickering doors:
    Doors, tall gates and trap doors all strobe when near the player.
  2. Water surfaces:
    Sometimes the surfaces of underground water bodies are visible as a white line, despite being in total darkness.
  3. Track Junctions:
    When hammering minecart track junctions, the sprites are the wrong way around; the cart goes over the "gap" in the tracks.
  4. Paint on dummies:
    I think this might be the case on PC too, but paint is being consumed on dummies, but not showing. The same applies to weapon racks.
  5. Bubble bug:
    Liquids on top of bubbles flash in and out of a "waterfall state", where the liquids act, for a split second, like they are on top of a block that's been hammered once into the flat position to create waterfalls. This flickers in and out rapidly.
  6. NPC map icons:
    These are very small, and make sit difficult to find NPCs or other players.
  7. Slime Rain background:
    When a slime rain occurs, the animated slimes drop behind the mountains, making them seem the size of a large stadium.
Questions:
  1. Loading time:
    Is there a reason the game takes so long to load now, compared to 1.2.4? I understand that large maps are now LARGE maps, but the whole loading process is around seven times longer. It seems even longer since the last patch a few months ago. Also, is there a reason that the game saves for such a long time in between selecting a character and selecting a map? What is it saving that wasn't saved when exiting the previous session?
  2. Mini-grid:
    The circle of white squares around the cursor is great for tools, but does it have to be on everything? I don't need it on weapons for example, and it does spoil the aesthetic when taking screenshots.
  3. Cursor speed:
    Is there any chance that weapons' cursor speeds can be sped up? It's very hard to hit a Martian saucer with a Lunar Flare or Star wrath because it's going at a tool's speed.
  4. Opacity in build mode:
    As I mentioned, I love the UI slider. Have you considered making it automatically going to 50% when clicking "R3" in build mode? Then going back to the user's preference once the item has been placed?
  5. Item sorting:
    I don't really know what "sort items" does, but in chests in seems to not sort anything at all. Shouldn't the same types of item all be next to one another?
  6. Map cursor:
    Is there any way that the movement of the map cursor can be improved? At the moment it's very difficult to hold it over anything because it's too sensitive, as if the grid that the cursor movement is based on has squares that are far too large. It makes using wormhole potions or identifying object all but impossible. Also, in 1.2.4 we were able to move it diagonally, and everything was one fluid movement. Now we have to go left/right, stop, go up/down, stop, go left/right and so on.
  7. Keyboard:
    Is there any way we can go back to using the PS4's keyboard? The in-game one is nowhere near as good.
I hope this helps, and if I find anything else I'll let me know. As I find more I'll let you know.

Thanks.
I didnt read the whole thing, but while im on inventory, if i press UP (or down, it doesnt really matter) and then press right (on dpad, xbox one) then the mini map will open (Note: My minimap keybind is set to right on dpad, but in inventory you have to press up/down and right. I think it should just be totally disabled for inventory, as i use dpad to navigate it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom