Terraria 1.3.1 Now Available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean you outsource Terraria players to test the game, instead of in-house

There is a very selective closed beta planned for mobile (because unlike with consoles, you dont need a devkit to test mobile/PC). That is what she was referring to.

We have used a combination of in-house and volunteers for PC for years.

As for what additional resource is in place from the 505/PW end, I would have to defer to them there.

I didnt read the whole thing, but while im on inventory, if i press UP (or down, it doesnt really matter) and then press right (on dpad, xbox one) then the mini map will open (Note: My minimap keybind is set to right on dpad, but in inventory you have to press up/down and right. I think it should just be totally disabled for inventory, as i use dpad to navigate it.)
Can't you change the settings?
[doublepost=1557941308,1557940829][/doublepost]
As for what additional resource is in place from the 505/PW end, I would have to defer to them there.
I only ask because you seem to like the lists I make; I'm not sure if you've read the one from today (it basically re-lists everything still wrong, but with a few more items since the update), but that's the kind of help I could be giving you pre-release. Something to think about. I'd do it for free too.
[doublepost=1557941327][/doublepost]
I'd do it for free too.
Unless you want to pay me...

I only ask because you seem to like the lists I make; I'm not sure if you've read the one from today (it basically re-lists everything still wrong, but with a few more items since the update), but that's the kind of help I could be giving you pre-release. Something to think about. I'd do it for free too.

Not really feasible with consoles because of devkit requirements.

List is very useful, I do read them and point them out to the folks that would be doing the work to review and address issues.

Not really feasible with consoles because of devkit requirements.
Fair enough, is that why there are so many bugss? Because it's not relfective of the true game?
List is very useful, I do read them and point them out to the folks that would be doing the work to review and address issues.
Do they read them? Most of what I've written today is from ages ago.

Before the patch he turned up every day, and often way before 6am.
[doublepost=1557939419,1557938895][/doublepost]
Does that mean you outsource Terraria players to test the game, instead of in-house?
Since this is such a special launch, we are selecting a small amount of community members to test the beta - when we get there. :) You can see the original announcement and directions on signing up here

Fair enough, is that why there are so many bugss? Because it's not relfective of the true game?

Devkits =/= retail to a degree. Testing Terraria in the broader sense is not at all like testing a "normal" game - functionally infinite variables, if that makes sense.

Your admittedly impressive edge case farms being one thing that a more mainline test play is not going to find... and even if they make a basic trap arena, they are not testing necessarily every possible permutation of things... and then there are some lines where its just hitting up against hardware issues. Not saying that is applicable to this particular setting, but just as an illustrative example.

So, often its a function of that - other times, who even knows? A lot falls to test cases - for example, the stuff I found Friday on the XB1 build on my retail version... it was clear how/why that slipped past in the hindsight, so those test cases have been adjusted to prevent that moving forward and the hotfix was put in for XB1 friday and it was fixed in advance for PS4.

RL itself is a small team, so we cannot look at 100% of every build across every platform. Have to rely on others to assist there, and they do. :)

Not making excuses, this is a daunting game to test... but the endgoal has to remain getting the cleanest experience possible.

Devkits =/= retail to a degree. Testing Terraria in the broader sense is not at all like testing a "normal" game - functionally infinite variables, if that makes sense.

Your admittedly impressive edge case farms being one thing that a more mainline test play is not going to find... and even if they make a basic trap arena, they are not testing necessarily every possible permutation of things... and then there are some lines where its just hitting up against hardware issues. Not saying that is applicable to this particular setting, but just as an illustrative example.

So, often its a function of that - other times, who even knows? A lot falls to test cases - for example, the stuff I found Friday on the XB1 build on my retail version... it was clear how/why that slipped past in the hindsight, so those test cases have been adjusted to prevent that moving forward and the hotfix was put in for XB1 friday and it was fixed in advance for PS4.

RL itself is a small team, so we cannot look at 100% of every build across every platform. Have to rely on others to assist there, and they do. :)

Not making excuses, this is a daunting game to test... but the endgoal has to remain getting the cleanest experience possible.
I understand that some of the things I've mentioned are niche or rare or both, but others are pretty obvious after a few minutes of playing. I think more work needs to be done by PW with a retail version before releasing it especially with game-changers like teal plates. Also, most of the items my list is stuff from the patch that came out last year, which still haven't been fixed; were they brushed off as "low priority", or was the list not read?

Please, let's focus on patches over content going forward. It's such a great game but has these issues that keep getting passed over.

Please, let's focus on patches over content going forward. It's such a great game but has these issues that keep getting passed over.
Agreed; there needs to be more testing of the retail version by a small group before it's released fully.

I think more work needs to be done by PW with a retail version before releasing it especially with game-changers like teal plates

That is not possible - you cannot "release to a retail version" until you actually release.

Agreed; there needs to be more testing of the retail version by a small group before it's released fully.
Ironically, as I understand it, the "beta" function of consoles is generally reserved for paid launches and paid DLC. Providing free content updates like this falls outside of those programs.

thers are pretty obvious after a few minutes of playing

Won't deny that happens sometimes - as an example, I caught the crafting issues with 1.3.1 within 5m of playing on my personal XB1. Also worked with the team to revise their test cases to prevent a recurrence... and to their credit, they fixed it the same day.

Not sure about the teal plates issues.

were they brushed off as "low priority", or was the list not read

I can 100% assure you that your lists have been shared and 100% assure you that your list today was read in its entirety by several people. Each item is being vetted.

I know every update we get the same "they don't test this" - but I can assure you that they do, every single day.... and we augment it as we can as well. We are a team of 10 people, however, so our ability as subject matter experts to turn over every rock and look in every cranny is just vastly limited (and then we also have to cover Switch and Mobile... oh yeah, and also that PC game we work on :p )

Why does that yield issues still falling between the cracks? Part of that is the unwieldy beast that is Terraria - and, as above, sometimes is a bad process. Constantly beating this drum and questioning the folks working hard on this isn't getting us anywhere. I get the sentiment, truly I do, and we push for better and better from our end as well... so things like the lists = great, useful stuff. Calling people names and the like = not constructive in the slightest. :)

3 huge problems since the first PS4 (I have the Pro) 1.3 update that I still can't believe haven't been fixed yet:

1) All worlds, even small ones, still load PAINFULLY slow on both my ssd & my previous sshd.

2) The circular item placement grid is still very hard to see unless you're zoomed in. Even then, it's so translucent that it's hard to keep count. Why not have a solid block like before?

3) The D-pad shortcuts still reset EVERY SINGLE TIME you start!

Will these ever be addressed?

Last edited:
Before the patch he turned up every day, and often way before 6am.

He never behaved this way for me. Your world must have gotten a lot of lucky rolls on spawn chance for him.

From the wiki: "Once the criteria are met, the Traveling Merchant has a 25% chance of spawning each day, appearing at a random time between 4:30 AM and 12 PM."

I was wrong about the early time (I thought it was 6am but it's 4:30am, whoops) but he still only has a chance of spawning rather than being a guaranteed spawn. You've just been getting lucky. I can go in-game weeks without seeing him

Can't you change the settings?
Yeah, i can but its still a bug. Also, theres really not many other buttons to assign it to though.
I think the really bad issues should be fixed, minor or rare ones should be fixed if found, but i like content more.

Just my opinion though.

It is still in alpha. We'll announce once we start choosing testers, move to beta, etc :) Stay tuned!
Your emojis... i thinks Terraria needs a leprechaun... hey where theres a leprechaun, theres a pot o gold near by. I consider this a suggestion by you unknowingly. So I actually give you credit for it since you sparked the idea. I think a leprechauns pot o gold should be worth at least 1 plat. But be a very rare npc. Yes npc. Clover, lucky charm, a green outfit with gold buckles, perhaps even selling the golddn horseshoe,( I have ran into maps that don’t have that item.) um, maybe a potato? Im, drinking now and just want to produce ideas. I have hundreds more, but im gonna leak them due to the fact that MANY PLAYERS CHEAT AND GLITCH THEIR WAY TO A WIN, slowly. Just so i can keep the Honor of Terraria being an awesome game.( I am the guy that came up with the advanced mining system in Minecraft, diff name.

[QUOTE =“Loki,帖子:1757849,成员:7”]为了帮助每个人充分利用Terraria 1.3.1中新项目和功能开辟的各种可能性,我们想分享一些有用的资源,可以提供帮助解释更多关于Terraria中的布线如何在一般情况下以及逻辑门的引入等方面的解释。

第一个是由Terraria PC Lead Coder [USER = 3] @ Yoraiz0r [/ USER]自己撰写的有用教程!这是一个很好的介绍,现在可以在“它是如何工作”的意义。这是开始学习过程的地方!点击下面的绿色文字前往那里,开始成为Terraria布线大师!

已经熟悉基础知识并希望将Terraria布线和机械游戏提升到新的水平?Terraria机械工程兵团(T-MEC)是一个Terraria社区团体,所有这些都是关于布线以及它在Terraria世界中开启的无数可能性。想要优化您的陷阱和农场,简化世界旅行,还是打破速度记录?T-MEC的独创性可以改变您玩游戏:)的方式T-MEC社区是入门,集思广益或改进想法,与他人分享您的构建/成就的最佳来源!

点击下面的徽标查看!

[/引用When will Terraria 1.3 be ready for public beta?

I’m definitely putting this in the wrong spot, but multiple players can’t give the angler fish. Like if one person does it everyone has to wait a day

I’m definitely putting this in the wrong spot, but multiple players can’t give the angler fish. Like if one person does it everyone has to wait a day
Hi @blazeykat, thanks for sharing this info. If you haven’t already, please send in your bug report, with as much detail as possible, straight to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Using that bug report form will insure that they get your info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom