OOC Synth 1 - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternate title: The Giant Struggle. IC topic: Here!

There's an OOC topic for what I hope to be a first RP to oust the standard of "why can't we develop characters from the common point?"

And this one? That's right! A human! Everyone starts as human in relative wilderness near river and near everyone's place of staying!

Oh, but there's a twist. Every 20-30 pages there might be a new evil/foe civilization to discover. Who knows what you get there? Perhaps a baleful shapemorph, or maybe something new?

This being said, the signups? Well, you have none, you can bring a clothed human. Or two, or four... but maximum of four, since I don't need overpopulation.

Last edited:
Alternate title for the alternate title: Everyone uses the move that every Pokemon uses when they have no PP all at once.

I'll probably join this. Might not make catch-up logs though, considering that two roleplays are hard enough to keep up with.

--So what are we talking here?--
  • On a scale from Gritty Realism to Final Fantasy what is the feel of the RP?
  • Magic/Psi/Super Powers or just normal people who fight against these things.
  • "Plot Armor" for PCs or "Hey, what did you expect would happen if you ran into a group of wolves with nothing more than a knife?"?
  • Free form or are we using a game system D&D, GURPS, FATE, etc.?

LSS: Sign me up.

--So what are we talking here?--
  • On a scale from Gritty Realism to Final Fantasy what is the feel of the RP?
  • Magic/Psi/Super Powers or just normal people who fight against these things.
  • "Plot Armor" for PCs or "Hey, what did you expect would happen if you ran into a group of wolves with nothing more than a knife?"?
  • Free form or are we using a game system D&D, GURPS, FATE, etc.?

LSS: Sign me up.
Let me see.
For first, more like the Different Kind of Realism.
Second: Normal people who fight against these things, but can become these in freak accidents.
Third: Probably a mix-up. I know, some stuff could be unbeatable if PCs were strictly realistic, but at other side, no one is havin' protection against baleful shapeshifting or injuries. Death on the other hand... expect it to be not that good solution. And I think you can leave characters severely crippled if otherwise a hit could've killed them. Just do not no-sell hits (unless a lucky match-up, like a Ghost trying to hit you with a Ghost-type move.
Fourth: Theoretically a sandbox freeform, but whoever controls the evil civilisation, will probably be the "game master of the civ raid."
Oh, and you can bring on ideas on evil civilisations.

Also, I'll create an IC topic around 14:00 my time, stay tuned.

Last edited:
Mind if I give my character some weak starting items? It's mostly just standard IRL hiking gear.
As long as it's just a vanity (or something weaker than whatever we'll obtain early on, like stones), I'm fine with that.

By the way, IC topic for Synth 1 is already made.

Last edited:
Is it ok if my character starts in a place other than the forest? Maybe in a city?
Well, there's a few possible places, buut none are urban. Although over time I'll foreshadow that one will be created. (And that will be our.)

(Basically, there are mountains, alpine stuff, plains, deserts and beaches. Although no small islands, too impossible.

The only gear will be a bottle of water, some strawberries, and a hiking stick that's weaker than stone in combat.

The only gear will be a bottle of water, some strawberries, and a hiking stick that's weaker than stone in combat.
That'll work (although bottle of water miiiight be redundant when we get more containers to keep water. Plus there are wild strawberries in forest, so why not?)

Oh yeah. Forgot the packback, since you need something to carry that stuff in, right?
I think hands are good enough for now. (Stashes will work as... well, personal storage. Plus I think human hands can grasp the supplies Murph gave (Strawberries on one hand, bottles and stuff on other.) Although, there'll be an option to make waterskins, jugs, etc, if you want storage, heh. (While making it held by side. Creativity is your friend there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom