Votes: 3 3.7%
  • PED Suit

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Dark Samus

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Are you Crazy? All of the above!

Votes: 56 68.3%

• Total voters
Also,what if you make a mini-"biome"?,like a laboratory where you can find some upgrades,the laboratory could have a lot of "futuristic" traps,(turrets that fire a laser,pipes or tubes that spawn enemies,etc).You can find chests with some boss summoners or even the metroid capsules

Also,what if you make a mini-"biome"?,like a laboratory where you can find some upgrades,the laboratory could have a lot of "futuristic" traps,(turrets that fire a laser,pipes or tubes that spawn enemies,etc).You can find chests with some boss summoners or even the metroid capsules
If I was to do this, I could probably base it off of the restricted lab in Fusion. That way it would make sense to have the Metroid capsules there. Either that or I could make it like Mother Brains lair. (maybe even a mother brain boss inside :D)

Yeah, the power suit gives you extra ranged damage, and the gravity suit lets you move and breathe in water. Currently the Fusion suit has no set bonus, but thanks to @IDGCaptainRussia helping with the code, It will have a set bonus so that you take no damage from the x parasite enemies in the next update.
Just a suggestion, but an idea since all the suits are built on top of each other, have the set bonus effects stack. Maybe make the requirements more expensive to compensate, or require a certain accessory in their construction for it. The suits should definitely be based around ranged weapons for sure, it just fits most thematically with it.
Also, as an example for building in accessories, putting the lava charm into the varia suit to fit with it being lava proof, the diving gear into the gravity suit to make it mobile in water, maybe night vision helmet used somewhere. Etc. It would make them less easy to build, but more satisfying to have, and more functional as well.

Just a suggestion, but an idea since all the suits are built on top of each other, have the set bonus effects stack. Maybe make the requirements more expensive to compensate, or require a certain accessory in their construction for it. The suits should definitely be based around ranged weapons for sure, it just fits most thematically with it.
Also, as an example for building in accessories, putting the lava charm into the varia suit to fit with it being lava proof, the diving gear into the gravity suit to make it mobile in water, maybe night vision helmet used somewhere. Etc. It would make them less easy to build, but more satisfying to have, and more functional as well.
Yeah, I like the idea of the diving gear in the gravity, the night vision in the power, and the lava charm in the varia. I also like the idea if having the bonuses stack. That way the armor upgrade doesn't feel like a downgrade.

Yeah, I like the idea of the diving gear in the gravity, the night vision in the power, and the lava charm in the varia. I also like the idea if having the bonuses stack. That way the armor upgrade doesn't feel like a downgrade.
Maybe have the obsidian rose and obsidian skull for varia and use the magma charm and diving gear for gravity? It's fine if you don't want to, but it would be more consistent with their actual effects

Maybe have the obsidian rose and obsidian skull for varia and use the magma charm and diving gear for gravity? It's fine if you don't want to, but it would be more consistent with their actual effects
I'll probably go with that, as that does seem more accurate with the games effects.

View attachment 221518
View attachment 219590
View attachment 219594
Copy these into your signature to show support!
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-metroid-mod.78117/"] [img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/dark-samus-3-png.219594/[/img][/url]
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-metroid-mod.78117/"] [img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/metroid-png.219590/[/img]

The Metroid Mod is a mod that, as you guessed, adds in Metroid related content. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

View attachment 220522 Credits:
@DivermanSam and @Scooterboot9697 for helping with MorphBall code.
@Scooterboot9697 amazing Metroid mod for inspiring me to make my own.
@RandomPlayer for his amazing support banners!
@IDGCaptainRussia for helping with some code!
All the open source mods, such as Antiaris, for giving me an example when I first started.
Metroid belongs to Nintendo. I am simply a fan of both Metroid and Terraria and wanted to see them together.

View attachment 220506 Download:
This mod is on the mod browser, but here is the Manual Download (not always up to date)

View attachment 221242 Content:
View attachment 221315
Power Suit:
10 defense total
Helmet: 20 Iron/Lead Bar and 1 Topaz
Chest: 30 Iron/Lead Bar
Boots: 25 Iron/Lead Bar
At Anvil

View attachment 221331
Fusion Suit:
19 defense total
Helmet: 15 Crimson/Demonite Bar and Power Suit Helmet
Chest: 25 Crimson/Demonite Bar and Power Suit Chest
Boots: 20 Crimson/Demonite Bar and Power Suit Boots
At Anvil

View attachment 221316
Gravity Suit:
28 defense total.
Helmet: 10 Hellstone Bar and Fusion Suit Helmet
Chest: 20 Hellstone Bar and Fusion Suit Chest
Boots: 15 Hellstone Bar and Fusion Suit Boots
At Anvil

View attachment 221318
Varia Suit:
33 defense total.
Helmet: 12 Palladium/Cobalt Bar and Gravity Suit Helmet
Chest: 24 Palladium/Cobalt Bar and Gravity Suit Chest
Boots: 18 Palladium/Cobalt Bar and Gravity Suit Boots
At Mythril Anvil

Dark Samus Suit:
38 defense total.
Helmet: 10 Orichalcum/Mythril Bar and Varia Suit Helmet
Chest: 20 Orichalcum/Mythril Bar and Varia Suit Chest
Boots: 15 Orichalcum/Mythril Bar and Varia Suit Boots
At Mythril Anvil

View attachment 220523
Alpha Metroid
Defense: 12
Damage: 15
Health: 2800
Summons Infant Metroids
Summoned using Metroid Husk
Drops Missile Launcher

View attachment 218188
Metroid larva pet:
Currently in game but I have yet to add a recipe

View attachment 218838
Infant Metroid:
Defense: 0
Damage: 10
Health: 5

View attachment 218822
Ridley Npc:
Defense: 14
Damage: 20
Health: 400
Spawns in hardmode underworld

View attachment 218821
X Parasite:
Defense: 10
Damage: 14
Health: 200
Spawns after EoC is killed.

View attachment 218188
Metroid Larva:
Defense: 10
Damage: 14
Health: 300
Spawns After BoC

View attachment 219612
Waver
Defense: 6
Damage 14
Health: 50
Spawns in caverns

View attachment 218189
Metroid Husk:
Used to spawn Alpha Metroid
Crafted with 25 gel

View attachment 218823
Power Beam:
Damage: 3
Crafted with no materials
Uses no ammo
Shoots yellow orbs

View attachment 217907
Missile launcher:
Damage: 9
Dropped by Alpha Metroid
Uses bullets as ammo
Shoots rockets

View attachment 221311
Morph Ball V1
Your standard Morph Ball
Crafted With 15 Iron bars and 5 Copper bars
Makes you one by one block in size
Y E S P L E A S E

Maybe you could add this?
89432B08-A5C5-4255-AD0B-157356714841.jpeg

I don't suppose you could update the main post to include all the items currently in the mod? I was trying to disable it after I thought I got rid of everything, but as soon as I opened up my storage, the game crashed.so I'm not sure what sneaky little item is doing it

Back
Top Bottom