Terraria 8th Anniversary Lore Event

"Within each world is a Guardian who serves as the worlds master and core. Once this creature is destroyed the world will release the ancient spirits of light and dark to expedite the process of finding a new guardian."
arewethebaddies.gif
*A Hat In Time - You Are All Bad Guys Intensifies*

Seems like this implies that the Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow are not the only biome entities that spread. "The worlds utilize many defense mechanisms to ensure the balance is upheld at all costs - SOME of them are known as the Hallow, Corruption, and Crimson." The others just aren't implemented in the game, yet.

In the Crimson section, it states that thousands of worlds have been absorbed before...so Terraria Otherworld. An alternate timeline where the Corruption or Crimson have infested everything.

WOW this is a awesome lore a little cheezy with the one dryad but still super cool and it totally puts the whole game together but where dose the destroyer of worlds come in because skeleton prime is cuthulus new skeleton and the twins are his new eyes I think but the destroyer were dose that fit in?
Could a lore Deb maybe fill us in please? thx if so
[doublepost=1558062566,1558062431][/doublepost]
WOW this is a awesome lore a little cheezy with the one dryad but still super cool and it totally puts the whole game together but where dose the destroyer of worlds come in because skeleton prime is cuthulus new skeleton and the twins are his new eyes I think. But the destroyer were dose it fit in?
Could a lore Dev maybe fill us in please? thx if so

Kinda wonder how the Lihzahrd fit in all this. Also, the same with the Moon Lord considering it looks like something incomplete, like an attempt by the Cultists to restore their god or recreate something much older than Cthulhu.

I'm pretty sure Moon Lord was confirmed to be Cthulu's brother in Terraria, but maybe we'll need more lore to be released before we know for sure.

I really need the story on why the Lihzahrd temple was built and why the Golem is made and also how did the Lihzahrd race came into being

I always had my own thought, that the world was trying to defend itself from you. You are seen as a threat to the world, and it then throws everything it can at you to stop you. But, in the end, you grow too powerful for the world to stop.

It's quite underwhelming to be quite honest.

If Skeletron is the skeleton of Cthulhu and the Moon Lord is Cthulhu reborn, why are their skulls completely different?
Is the eater of worlds supposed to be the guts of Chtulhu now? His spine? His :red:?
If Corruption and Crimson are both supposed to be balancing elements, why does only one ever naturally happen on a world? Why doesn't unleashing the ancient spirits of dark release the missing one instead?
If the dryad is the single survivor, why is another dryad with a different name coming up after she dies in the game?

I want to preface this by saying I love Terraria to death. I've dedicated a large amount of my life to the community and it's players, but I have to say, adding official? lore to the game just doesn't sit right with me. I feel a lot of the events that take place in the game have suitable implications and themes that allow a player to form their own "lore" inside the game while not out right stating it. With a set in stone story, I feel it sorta takes something away from a sandbox game that's usually all about what the player wants to do in Terraria. But obviously I'm only one voice of millions. If the majority likes it, it can't be helped.

Dig, Fight, Build! ...but don't come up with your own backstory. ;)

Last edited:
Forget the lore, we need the LORDE next. But this seems a decent enough lore, it is missing quite a lot and it's a shame it was never thought of sooner, but it'll do for now :dryadsmile:

Back
Top Bottom