Terraria 8th Anniversary Lore Event

In all seriousness though, I dont find official terraria lore to be anything worth adding to the game for fundemental reasons. Obviously (As alot of people said) this game is a sandbox game and it doesnt need to be held down by a single narrative which kinda limits the fantasy instead of letting people use their imaginations ( Like Sandboxes are meant to insensitivize) to interpret the world around them.

Dont fall into the trap that Starbound did. You shouldnt have a story come first and everything else come second, leave Terraria open ended like it deserves because its obviously been working for years.

Missing the guide connection with WoF
Any lore about any invasion?
More bosses' lore as well, they're kinda the biggest deal in the game
Definitely missing jungle's lore + lihzahrd, very important.
Not complaining, but i would love to see more canon lore! <3

this lore is very pleasant and well thought out which reinforces aspects of the game, and reality and the world have evolved the player.

I acknowledge this exists, and appreciate this exists... But I'm gonna stick with the headcannon I've developed over so many years XD.

This makes a lot of sense for me now, since I never bothered reading the story of terraria, I just played it. This is an interesting lore, I wonder if ur making the moon lord to try and look like a robot now

Welp, now there's lore. And I don't really prefer the existence of lore for Terraria....
But let's see what everyone in the posts section thi-

Whattheheckhappenedhere?
Same. It appears some people raged about their head canon being wrong, but honestly, I don't care if it has lore or not. It's still a good game.

Same. It appears some people raged about their head canon being wrong, but honestly, I don't care if it has lore or not. It's still a good game.
I don't think the problem is that their headcanon is wrong. They just think it's poorly written with a lot of plot holes.
And I can honestly see what they mean, with my biggest concern still being the Destroyer.

It's annoying that some people seem to take disappointment at underwhelming "lore" to be some attack against the game and betrayal of the team. I haven't seen any raging from the critics.

I love Terraria, I've got it on Steam and GOG and on mobile, and I'm going to continue to enjoy playing it. It's just that I'm a lot more interested in things like improved interface (block swap!) and more varied content (new furniture sets! desert crate! void vault! seagulls! dragonflies! goblin sharks! golfer dude!). Keep doing the stuff that made Terraria the success it was, is my point, basically.

Agreed. I don't think the majority of people here who are upset even had a headcanon. (I certainly didn't, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed in the lack of thematic consistency as well as puzzled as to where a lot of these other explanations for certain bosses comes into play.)

I prefer Terraria as it has been for years, story less, and just a fun gaming experience that is open to interpretation. Yeah, the people who do headcanon things and argue over it are annoying, but I'm positive those are just the vocal minority of an otherwise thriving and imaginative fanbase. I'm excited for the new content especially, but all and all, this lore that has been released is really something I'd rather not see become a part of the game's experience itself, and is appears a decent amount of people here are just as confused or off put by it as I am. As I said before, I don't think the attempt was misguided, but the execution leaves much to be desired, and really feels like it's better left as a 'what if' kind of story than something that would hold as canonized info.

It's annoying that some people seem to take disappointment at underwhelming "lore" to be some attack against the game and betrayal of the team. I haven't seen any raging from the critics.

I love Terraria, I've got it on Steam and GOG and on mobile, and I'm going to continue to enjoy playing it. It's just that I'm a lot more interested in things like improved interface (block swap!) and more varied content (new furniture sets! desert crate! void vault! seagulls! dragonflies! goblin sharks! golfer dude!). Keep doing the stuff that made Terraria the success it was, is my point, basically.

Agreed. I don't think the majority of people here who are upset even had a headcanon. (I certainly didn't, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed in the lack of thematic consistency as well as puzzled as to where a lot of these other explanations for certain bosses comes into play.)

I prefer Terraria as it has been for years, story less, and just a fun gaming experience that is open to interpretation. Yeah, the people who do headcanon things and argue over it are annoying, but I'm positive those are just the vocal minority of an otherwise thriving and imaginative fanbase. I'm excited for the new content especially, but all and all, this lore that has been released is really something I'd rather not see become a part of the game's experience itself, and is appears a decent amount of people here are just as confused or off put by it as I am. As I said before, I don't think the attempt was misguided, but the execution leaves much to be desired, and really feels like it's better left as a 'what if' kind of story than something that would hold as canonized info.
You two read my mind.

Just because someone is disappointed doesn't mean they're being mean. It's just constructive criticism.

So, let me get this straight. Cthulhu was ripped to peices by lots of :dryadindifferent:s. Only one survived. (The one the players gain access to.) Cthulhu (I presume) was ripped to 4 separate bosses. His brain, ( brain of Cthulhu:brain:) stomach? (Eater of Worlds), one of his eyes (Eye of Cthulhu), and some of his skeleton (Skeletron). The cultists kidnapped the mechanic to make the 3 prime bosses and revive Cthulhu. She made all except the brain. Meanwhile, the cultists cursed an old man (for unknown reasons) and put Skeletron inside him (I guess). When you kill the lunitic cultists, I guess moon Lord (Cthulhu's brother) gets mad at you, and summons the pillars to stop the player. Destroying the pillars angers moon Lord, so he decides to kill you himself. This is based on what I was given and might not be right. Please let me know if I am correct.

They improsened a mechanical genius and forced her to make powerful weapons for them...

Sounds like Iron Man, she could've made an arc reactor and a suit of mechanized armor and escaped the dungeon

Back
Top Bottom