NPCs & Enemies The Grass Man (NPC)

Could This Work?

• Total voters

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
I had this idea of a new NPC who is made out of grass. He would work similar to the truffle. When you enter hardmode, he can be found inside/near a Living Tree ONLY if its in the Pure Biome. He would sell Grass Furniture and get mad if you get rid of some purity in the world. He would be friends with the Dryad and kinda dispise the Demolistionist because he likes blowing stuff up, including the ground that has Grass. To defend himself, he would grow his hand into a branch and use it as a melee weapon. His living needs would need to be;
- Must be in the Pure Biome
- Cant be made out of crimsion or corruption materials (I.E Crimsion or Corruption wood)
Maybe his possible names could be;
- Green
- Aoki
- Root
What do you think of this idea?
(I made a sprite to show what he could look like)

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (91).png
    pixil-frame-0 (91).png
    236.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
This seems like a really good idea I hope a dev sees this and likes this
Thank you! :D
[doublepost=1558148712,1558148649][/doublepost]
I had this idea of a new NPC who is made out of grass. He would work similar to the truffle. When you enter hardmode, he can be found inside/near a Living Tree ONLY if its in the Pure Biome. He would sell Grass Furniture and get made if you get rid of some purity in the world. He would be friends with the Dryad and kinda dispise the Demolistionist because he likes blowing stuff up, including the ground that has Grass. To defend himself, he would grow his hand into a branch and use it as a melee weapon. His living needs would need to be;
- Cant be made out of crimsion or corruption materials (I.E Crimsion or Corruption wood)
- Green
- Aoki
- Root
EDIT 2: Maybe while he is present, one of the NPC'S when you talk to them can say something like "Hey, can i talk to you about the Grass for a second? Is it talking?"

made this gif to show how he would grow his arm into a branch to defend himself.

Attachments

• pixil-gif-drawing (7).gif
    pixil-gif-drawing (7).gif
    66.1 KB · Views: 103
made a death animation. Instead of blood going everywhere, he is torn to pieces and becomes regular grass.

Attachments

• pixil-gif-drawing (8).gif
    pixil-gif-drawing (8).gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 121
I had this idea of a new NPC who is made out of grass. He would work similar to the truffle. When you enter hardmode, he can be found inside/near a Living Tree ONLY if its in the Pure Biome. He would sell Grass Furniture and get mad if you get rid of some purity in the world. He would be friends with the Dryad and kinda dispise the Demolistionist because he likes blowing stuff up, including the ground that has Grass. To defend himself, he would grow his hand into a branch and use it as a melee weapon. His living needs would need to be;
- Green
- Aoki
- Root
He only sells furniture. Top 3 useless npcs,
You ever consider the devs coding this? They can’t code it to detect living trees, because they are not a biome.
He needs to sell things that have functional use, spawn in a biome, and not get mad purity thing would be Kinda hard to code, again I don’t think they can code it to where it detects whether u removed purity or corruption/crimson did, also also I don’t want him to get mad every single time I remove a grass block for building.

EDIT: Count all other stuff as not existent I want a moss charger pet

Last edited:
I like this idea quite a bit, especially making the NPC more unique through the animations, but the Grass Man may need a little more in his shop than furniture in order for people to be okay with him moving in. Maybe not necessarily weapons, per se, but maybe more building/decorative stuff? Right now, I can't quite come up with anything, but you get my drift.

And now for something completely different:
You ever consider the devs coding this? They can’t code it to detect living trees, because they are not a biome.
not get mad purity thing would be Kinda hard to code, again I don’t think they can code it to where it detects whether u removed purity or corruption/crimson did
The way the game detects biomes is by checking how many of a type of block is present nearby. The Grass Man's spawning requirement can easily be done by having the game detect Living Wood and Leaves; whether they need to be naturally-spawned blocks is up for debate (also, yes, the game keeps track of naturally/player-placed blocks). Plus, you know, the Stylist already spawns in a similar manner (in Spider Caves).
You ever consider doin' your research? 'Cuz that info was just sitting in the wiki (and easily found out in game, if you pay attention). '._.

For the destruction detection, an option they could go with is to just detect large alterations to the purity/evil/hallow ratio in a short span of time. Not sure if that'd work best, but an option's there.

I like this idea quite a bit, especially making the NPC more unique through the animations, but the Grass Man may need a little more in his shop than furniture in order for people to be okay with him moving in. Maybe not necessarily weapons, per se, but maybe more building/decorative stuff? Right now, I can't quite come up with anything, but you get my drift.

And now for something completely different:

The way the game detects biomes is by checking how many of a type of block is present nearby. The Grass Man's spawning requirement can easily be done by having the game detect Living Wood and Leaves; whether they need to be naturally-spawned blocks is up for debate (also, yes, the game keeps track of naturally/player-placed blocks). Plus, you know, the Stylist already spawns in a similar manner (in Spider Caves).
You ever consider doin' your research? 'Cuz that info was just sitting in the wiki (and easily found out in game, if you pay attention). '._.

For the destruction detection, an option they could go with is to just detect large alterations to the purity/evil/hallow ratio in a short span of time. Not sure if that'd work best, but an option's there.
Thank you and maybe he could also sell boots that game grass appear on the ground you run on, or a grass hook.

Back
Top Bottom