Texture Pack Spectacle Pack

I'm unsure if this is even fixable without drastic changes, but the new stone and new dirt don't really connect well with other blocks.
Other blocks have a very vanilla-like dirt color around the edges when connecting to the new dirt, causing some rather unpleasant boxiness.
Stone looks great but has similar connecting issues with ores and gems that just make it look wrong.
Also, the spritework is kind of inconsistent for blocks. Corrupt grass, for example, is still vanilla, leading to it having issues connecting to the dirt underneath.
A couple sand types are still vanilla despite a few other sand types having been given textures, too.

I understand it's hard to make packs but I've had to intentionally cut out the tile sprites because they just looked off when placed next to vanilla blocks.
I would reccommend potentially moving the tile-related changes to a seperate "addon" pack that you merge into the main one to use, until such a time as the kinks are worked out and there are enough vanilla tile resprites to be at least somewhat consistent.

Something else I would reccommend is to work on the outlines. Terraria is progressively moving more and more away from extremely dark outlines for sprites and more toward softer-coloured outlines. It was rather jarring to install this pack and have the really really high contrast outlines back for a lot of things.

That said, this is a wonderful pack, and you have a ton of kudos for all the effort that's been put in to make it look great and unique!

I'm unsure if this is even fixable without drastic changes, but the new stone and new dirt don't really connect well with other blocks.
Other blocks have a very vanilla-like dirt color around the edges when connecting to the new dirt, causing some rather unpleasant boxiness.
Stone looks great but has similar connecting issues with ores and gems that just make it look wrong.
Also, the spritework is kind of inconsistent for blocks. Corrupt grass, for example, is still vanilla, leading to it having issues connecting to the dirt underneath.
A couple sand types are still vanilla despite a few other sand types having been given textures, too.

I understand it's hard to make packs but I've had to intentionally cut out the tile sprites because they just looked off when placed next to vanilla blocks.
I would reccommend potentially moving the tile-related changes to a seperate "addon" pack that you merge into the main one to use, until such a time as the kinks are worked out and there are enough vanilla tile resprites to be at least somewhat consistent.

Something else I would reccommend is to work on the outlines. Terraria is progressively moving more and more away from extremely dark outlines for sprites and more toward softer-coloured outlines. It was rather jarring to install this pack and have the really really high contrast outlines back for a lot of things.

That said, this is a wonderful pack, and you have a ton of kudos for all the effort that's been put in to make it look great and unique!

Yeah I've heard about issues regarding the tiles a few times, however the texture pack hasn't been touched for awhile so our work is halted at the moment. I'll make sure to move it up on the priority list once work starts up again, as well as those black outlines.

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it!
[doublepost=1545977455,1545977392][/doublepost]
Hey Iggy! Great to see all the new work! Keep it up pal

Thank you, hope your pack is going well! :)
[doublepost=1545977494][/doublepost]
Wow, 400?
Ok I will update when I get home, keep it up
Ay ay look whas up here-- delicious stuff

Thanks for all of the support!

Yeah I've heard about issues regarding the tiles a few times, however the texture pack hasn't been touched for awhile so our work is halted at the moment. I'll make sure to move it up on the priority list once work starts up again, as well as those black outlines.

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it!
[doublepost=1545977455,1545977392][/doublepost]

Thank you, hope your pack is going well! :)
[doublepost=1545977494][/doublepost]

Thanks for all of the support!
I'm glad to know you will be continuing work on the pack! It's always unfortunate to see such great projects dead in the water.

Hey! i made a couple new Grass Sprites. You can use it if you want, and sorry if this doesn't look as good as the other sprites
XfAF4GW.png
Dk2PIFh.png
kchxU33.png
qJAYe6o.png
bDscy1p.png

Hey! i made a couple new Grass Sprites. You can use it if you want, and sorry if this doesn't look as good as the other sprites
XfAF4GW.png
Dk2PIFh.png
kchxU33.png
qJAYe6o.png
bDscy1p.png
thank you, and it's all good! we've been pretty lazy on the grass sprites (and in general), so I think I'll touch up the palette on these a little and then add them in. :)
[doublepost=1556519738,1556519621][/doublepost]
this, is awesome. i love it sooooo much.
Thanks for the support! :D

Don't know

Edit: His probably waiting for the next update to update the texture pack

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm guessing this texture pack no longer is in the works? :c
Don't know

Edit: His probably waiting for the next update to update the texture pack

I'm sorry to say, but work on the texture pack has come to a halt - at least for now. I am currently very preoccupied with my education at the moment, but I plan to return to Spectacle during times I am free during the summer. The majority of Spectacle's content comes from community members (because it's a community project...), and many of us are either busy with our lives or unmotivated because I am inactive.

By standard, we update the texture pack every time the content is increased by one hundred files, or images. I've been thinking that since our progress has been slowed to an extent, I'd lower that number to around fifty files. We are currently at four hundred and twenty, so an update would be released sooner if we changed this.

No worries if this texture pack is on hold! I think most texture packs are waiting until the 1.4 update to continue development. Finishing a texture pack will actually be a feasible goal after that update, since there won't be any more content added to the game after!

No worries if this texture pack is on hold! I think most texture packs are waiting until the 1.4 update to continue development. Finishing a texture pack will actually be a feasible goal after that update, since there won't be any more content added to the game after!
Sorry but from what i have heard from discord it's basically discontinued. but there will be an update for the spectacle texture pack when journeys end releases, and the discord will still be active in hopes of revival at a later point.

Sorry but from what i have heard from discord it's basically discontinued. but there will be an update for the spectacle texture pack when journeys end releases, and the discord will still be active in hopes of revival at a later point.
That doesn't necessarily mean it is discontinued, especially if there will be an update released when Journey's End comes out. We'll just have to wait and see.

Technically it's the other way around. This has been around waaay before Calamity got the look it has now.
Thanks for addressing that for me :sigh:
[doublepost=1564246632,1564246369][/doublepost]
Right now there is no current progress being made on the texture pack, but I do plan to pick things up for a bit once Journey's End is released. I'm actually kind of excited for the update in terms of resprites, I hope the developers give us some interesting content to work with. :)

Back
Top Bottom