tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite eager to see how this works out, and I don't doubt that this will be a very fleshed out mod.

Question, though, will the various powerups and expansions be found/looted, crafted, or a combination of the two possibilities?

And do you plan on doing an open beta to bug test, or will you only be doing closed testing within your team?
Some items can be crafted and some are found, so a combination of both.

First release will be open beta.

i've been using the metroid music wavebank but i'd like to tweak it/make my own.

most resources on how to do this are extremely outdated as of the latest updates, does anyone know the exact tracklist i need to follow?

EDIT: i found an up-to-date resource, if there's a want for it i'll share my personalized metroid themed wavebank here (featuring some music from samus returns), should y'all want it!

Last edited:
Do you plan on adding a Zero Suit clothing style during character creation/wardrobe? Or expand upon fishing at all?
For the moment, the Zero Suit isn't planned, though I've been considering adding it what with so many people requesting it. And the only thing fishing related might be special bait to summon Serris(?). Nothing else fishing related is planned, anyway.

i've been using the metroid music wavebank but i'd like to tweak it/make my own.

most resources on how to do this are extremely outdated as of the latest updates, does anyone know the exact tracklist i need to follow?
Can't tell if you want to know how to make Wave Banks, or what the tracklist for my Wave Bank was, or both.
If you want a tracklist, this one should have updated links to songs.
If you need a program that can actually make a Wave Bank, look up "XACT"; there's probably also YT tutorials.

Can't tell if you want to know how to make Wave Banks, or what the tracklist for my Wave Bank was, or both.
If you want a tracklist, this one should have updated links to songs.
If you need a program that can actually make a Wave Bank, look up "XACT"; there's probably also YT tutorials.

i got it all figured out, i made a wavebank for this mod once a few years ago so i thought i'd give it a shot since my buddies got me back into the game

why would he?
while its true that you never know what will break when they update tmodloader
that doesnt seem like a reason to flat out stop work on a mod thats currently being ported to tmodloader
if anything it just means that if the update drops before scoots metroid mod rereleases breaks it
then scoot will just delay its release to fix it

if the mod does release first then
woo
it doesnt matter

In either case, I'll have to set up no automatic updates incase 14.0 drops before metroid releases
Same, I won't deny the update looks really cool. But it feels pretty underwhelming now that Terraria has modding left and right; Something that was pretty rare before 1.3.5 and what few mods did exist then weren't very good.

It seems like many people are not in favor of Terraria updating because they'll lose their ability to play mods, atleast until everything is fully updated.

why would he?
while its true that you never know what will break when they update tmodloader
that doesnt seem like a reason to flat out stop work on a mod thats currently being ported to tmodloader
if anything it just means that if the update drops before scoots metroid mod rereleases breaks it
then scoot will just delay its release to fix it

if the mod does release first then
woo
it doesnt matter
It's a known fact Relogic is working with TMODLoader devs to try to minimize conflicts asap. And also things like Fabsol knowing throwing was going to be removed before anyone else did publicly so he had time to make Rouge Damage.

Relevant status update:

Originally, we were going to wait longer for a release. Due to my life hitting some snags, progress had been going very slowly.
However, now that we know that the Terraria update is going to drop this year, we plan to polish what we have and go ahead with a release.
(No promises on a specific time frame, however).
This should give a window to play this mod before Journey's End drops (and after it drops if you're withholding from updating).

We'll do bugfixes as we can, but major updates will be withheld until after tModLoader updates for Journey's End.

Relevant status update:

Originally, we were going to wait longer for a release. Due to my life hitting some snags, progress had been going very slowly.
However, now that we know that the Terraria update is going to drop this year, we plan to polish what we have and go ahead with a release.
(No promises on a specific time frame, however).
This should give a window to play this mod before Journey's End drops (and after it drops if you're withholding from updating).

We'll do bugfixes as we can, but major updates will be withheld until after tModLoader updates for Journey's End.

That is great to see, even if the major updates do sound important, I will be satisfied with the content that'll be provided soon at least

Oh, trust me, there's already more than enough content to satisfy. People were drooling over this when it was half as developed as it is now.

The gesture is greatly appreciated, Scooterboot! Best of luck in everything on your end of things.

Thanks for the update scoots. This is what i meant, when i said "I wonder how the update will affect this mod"
before trailer 'wait for new update'
after trailer 'work, and release the mod preferably before the update'
Not that i want you to rush. Please, do take your time

Hey, I've made my own personalized wave bank based off of the updated version by Jeffcole1, so it's functional with 1.3.4.
Download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/64q5hn0xm0vld38/Wave Bank.xwb?dl=0, if you have any requests for changes i might give it a shot but no guarantees.

1. Night: MSR: SR388 Surface Ambience
2. Eerie: SM: Crateria Landing
3. Day: SM: Crateria Main Theme
4. Boss 1: MP1: Meta Ridley Battle
5. Title: MP1: Title Theme
6. Jungle: MF: Sector 2 TRO Remix
7. Corruption: MP: Phazon Mines
8. Hallow: MP3: Skytown, Elysia
9. Underground Corruption: MP3: Phaaze
10. Underground Hallow: MSR - Chozo Laboratory
11. Boss 2: MP1: Metroid Prime Phase 1
12. Underground: AM2R: Hydro Station