Terraria State of the Game - May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both and as thanks I will follow you both. I am excited to have someone reply to me. I have never actually joined a forum so this is a whole new experience for me. I am so excited to see what the future on this forum will be for me.

My 1 s has never had problems. Have you tried unplugging the Xbox and replugging it back in?
No, but what do you mean? The HDMI or power cord? And how would it affect it.
It only happens on terraria, and usually using splitscreen.
I am so excited for the new update for mobile! I have read into it and it sounds amazing. I want to play the beta but I thought to myself and thought that it would be more exciting if I waited for the complete thing to come out. Btw I am new to terraria an I started playing towards the end of 2018. Also I would love to wish Terraria a very happy birthday! Finally I would be more than happy to welcome DR-Studios the the Terraria Family and that I am glad to be part of the terraria family too.
If you want to get a look at the update, you could play it on console or pc. They are very similar to the mobile update, slightly more stuff on console/pc though.

Im gonna make a list of things that NEED to be added or changed in terraria.

Console:
Lag issue since 1.3.1, seems like im not the only one.
Cursor sensitivity (for manual cursor mode)
Yoyo cursor sensitivity (Controls manual curser sensitivity when a yoyo is in your slot, as it would be hard to keep changing sensitivity when you swap weapons and rn its impossible to use.)
Move while in inventory, by making replacing LS/L3 with RS/R3, allowing LS/L3 to be move (And keybinds for favorite, and select)
Hold B for 3 seconds when selecting a keybind to remove it.
Edit: A second keybind area so you can set the same button to one action.

Mobile:

Yoyo and cursor sensitivity
Option to change placement and transparency of touch controls

PC:

Fix the bug where it takes 1-4 minutes to launch (i thought it was just my trash pc but my friends have the same problem.)

All:
3-6 goblin scouts spawn in a group so you gain more cloth (i did not make this idea, unsure where i found it)

Last edited:
Thank you both and as thanks I will follow you both. I am excited to have someone reply to me. I have never actually joined a forum so this is a whole new experience for me. I am so excited to see what the future on this forum will be for me.

Why, thank you! I’ll return the favor for you as well, and I’m very sure you will be surprised at the incoming stuff in here! ~:D

I can't wait for mobile to reach beta! My only concern is about what is going to happen to the holy land grenade of Antioch.;(
Why, thank you! I’ll return the favor for you as well, and I’m very sure you will be surprised at the incoming stuff in here!~:D
Thank you very much. I have a question for you. Have you ever been able to get in touch with any of the staff over terraria or any famous YouTubers that play terraria?

The short version here is that all exclusive content - whether it originated from Console or current Mobile - will be removed from Terraria Mobile 1.3. No vanity/legacy items will remain - which is different from what occurred when PS4/XB1 moved to 1.3. Where possible, items will be swapped for tier-appropriate gear from the core game. Where this is not feasible, some other compensation will be made in-game (for example, Gold Bunnies or coins).
Quick question: what will happen to the Ocram Trophy (also, will it disappear if it’s placed)?
[doublepost=1559266496,1559266257][/doublepost]
Mobile:

Yoyo and cursor sensitivity
Option to change placement and transparency of touch controls
Yoyos will be added to mobile 1.3 :D However, I’m not too sure about cursor sensitivity (which [correct me if I’m wrong] would make the zoom of building mode increased), but that would be cool and wouldn’t take nearly as long as other QoL improvements (again correct me if I’m wrong)

Quick question: what will happen to the Ocram Trophy (also, will it disappear if it’s placed)?
[doublepost=1559266496,1559266257][/doublepost]
Yoyos will be added to mobile 1.3 :D However, I’m not too sure about cursor sensitivity (which [correct me if I’m wrong] would make the zoom of building mode increased), but that would be cool and wouldn’t take nearly as long as other QoL improvements (again correct me if I’m wrong)
I know all items from 1.3.0 on pc/console will be on mobile. The problem is if there is no yoyo sensitivity option, you would have to change the regular cursor sensitivity (Which actually isnt added from what i know) every time you use a yoyo, because the default cursor sensitivity is much too low to be able to actually control the yoyo.

Edit: Just realized you slightly misread that, i said yoyo and cursor sensitivity as in options to change both manual cursor sensitivity when holding a yoyo and options to change overall manual cursor sensitivity

An example is on pc, i was able to get through all of early hardmode with the frozen yoyo. On xbox i have to farm for the shadowflame knife, which was going to be the next weapon i get, which is also the reason i would love the 3-6 goblin scouts as farming cloth is hard.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I have a question for you. Have you ever been able to get in touch with any of the staff over terraria or any famous YouTubers that play terraria?

Sadly, no, but at least you can contact the staff members such as Loki, Unit One or Tunnel King in here! ~:)

Console:
Lag issue since 1.3.1, seems like im not the only one.
Cursor sensitivity (for manual cursor mode)

The framerate is atrocious. I believe it's the biggest issue for Xbox right now. I'm not sure if there's "too much" going on when it loads up a world, but lately when I pick my main base, the game will freeze right before loading, when the screen says "Drawing Map 99%". The only solution I've found for now is to load 2 less "busy" worlds first, then go to my desired world. Even when it does load, it struggles to, skipping frames as it loads.
Lots of skipping frames. A lot.

And the new cursor has a mind of it's own, I am NOT a fan of it. I have to fight with it just to check a chest right next to me, it'll go anywhere but where I want it to.

I've already addressed these issues in a bug report, but haven't heard anything back, no questions, no additional details, nothing. So I'm not sure if they even got my initial reports. Either way, the game has become unplayable for me, I really don't want to jump from world to world just to load one world up.

The framerate is atrocious. I believe it's the biggest issue for Xbox right now. I'm not sure if there's "too much" going on when it loads up a world, but lately when I pick my main base, the game will freeze right before loading, when the screen says "Drawing Map 99%". The only solution I've found for now is to load 2 less "busy" worlds first, then go to my desired world. Even when it does load, it struggles to, skipping frames as it loads.

And the new cursor has a mind of it's own, I am NOT a fan of it. I have to fight with it just to check a chest right next to me, it'll go anywhere but where I want it to.

I've already addressed these issues in a bug report, but haven't heard anything back, no questions, no additional details, nothing. So I'm not sure if they even got my initial reports. Either way, the game has become unplayable for me, I really don't want to jump from world to world just to load one world up.

it has never happened tome before, have you tried unplugging the hdmi cord?

You can disable or enable smart cursor to have more control over certain items.
it has never happened tome before, have you tried unplugging the hdmi cord?
I have the same problem as him (terribly low framerate), so ill try that and tell you if it works.

I have a Feeling that they are going to release mobile and switch 1:3 at E3 like Minecraft did at Minecon 2011

I have a Feeling that they are going to release mobile and switch 1:3 at E3 like Minecraft did at Minecon 2011
Terraria patch 1:3, the pause patch before the release of Terraria 1.3. There you will find Ocram, but only as a static mob that doesn't move, has no hitbox and is decorated in Christmas lights.

I kid. :D

So i was just playing xbox one s terraria and it got all glitched, i couldnt move or do anything exept menu and exit, all the mobs were going through me intill i rejoined the world, and then it started buzzing and it crashed. Good thing i saved when exiting before, but its a weird glitch. Happened in surface corruption.

Edit: Just happened again in underground jungle, it happened after using the amarok in smart cursor, while locked on. Also a worm appeared, all of which are things that happened before last time.

Last edited:
So i was just playing xbox one s terraria and it got all glitched, i couldnt move or do anything exept menu and exit, all the mobs were going through me intill i rejoined the world, and then it started buzzing and it crashed. Good thing i saved when exiting before, but its a weird glitch. Happened in surface corruption.

Edit: Just happened again in underground jungle, it happened after using the amarok in smart cursor, while locked on. Also a worm appeared, all of which are things that happened before last time.

You should send this issue to the bug & glitch form (Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form) and let them know, this all needs to be resolved before the next update. I am going to be doing captures and editing a video of all the current glitches I'm running into. I just want to play Terraria, all these glitches are not helping. Makes me miss the 360 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom