Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sunflower is an indicator that it's trying to autosave. Try turning autosaves off and see if that helps. Be warned though that if the game crashes or you quit without saving you can lose game progress.
I have turned autosave off though and it still seems to save a lot, and save and exit seems a good way to save without needing so much saves in game (unless a crash happens on the way out but still)

My game crashed once today, while I was just reaching the very right edge of my 1.3.1 world. It restarted perfectly fine and the world worked perfectly afterward. Had to re-explore part of the Corruption and the far right edge of the world again, though

I have turned autosave off though and it still seems to save a lot, and save and exit seems a good way to save without needing so much saves in game (unless a crash happens on the way out but still)
I play with autosave off and the sunflower shows up frequently for me as well. It doesn't actually save anything though (unless you just died), so it can be safely ignored.

The new 1.3.1 update blended together gemspark walls to look like one wall type painted different colors??..it also blended other awesome wall combos too much like sail and dynasty walls which left a cool checkered finish..was this intended? Ruined alot of my builds

Your what? Do you mean on PC?

Xbox. The 1.3.1 update was unintentionally released early on Xbox One. We got it Friday. And we have been finding quite a few bugs for the devs to fix. The first patch for it has already been released for us and will be probably included with the update for PS4

Xbox. The 1.3.1 update was unintentionally released early on Xbox One. We got it Friday. And we have been finding quite a few bugs for the devs to fix. The first patch for it has already been released for us and will be probably included with the update for PS4
I had no idea it was out. How bad are the bugs this time around?

I had no idea it was out. How bad are the bugs this time around?

See for yourself, two examples from my game:

Bad bad lag while fighting the lunar pillars to see if crawltipedes were fixed:

And weird background blackouts while opening chests/player inventory/safes/world map in dark or poorly lit places (underground, surface at night):

Others have reported framerate drops, some crashes, logic gate contraptions corrupting/not working right... And that's probably just the tip of the iceberg

The first patch was to fix some gem locks and other 1.3.1 items being uncraftable. The devs are looking into the performance issues now

Bad bad lag
That's the lag we've had for ages, I knew they wouldn't fix it.
Others have reported framerate drops, some crashes, logic gate contraptions corrupting/not working right... And that's probably just the tip of the iceberg
You'd think they'd test it a little before release wouldn't you?
[doublepost=1557707819,1557707784][/doublepost]How does the Grand Design work with a controller?

That's the lag we've had for ages, I knew they wouldn't fix it.

You'd think they'd test it a little before release wouldn't you?
[doublepost=1557707819,1557707784][/doublepost]How does the Grand Design work with a controller?

I'd never seen the lag quite that bad. And I get the impression that their testers don't go over it as thoroughly as the gaming public does

I'd never used it before, so I don't know how it operated on PC. Takes some getting used to. It did help me retrieve some excess wire from my cross-map teleporter; I hadn't been able to see the wire clearly before or reach the mistakes I made. It doesn't even have to be in your hand for wires to be visible; as long as it's in your inventory every wire everywhere jumps right out at you in bright neon colors. I assume there's a way to hide that, but I haven't found it yet

All things considered, it could be worse

I'd never seen the lag quite that bad.
That's a standard session with enough light-based sprites. I can't do Frost Moon or anything with the Arcanum as it just freezes and I have to quit the app. Flame traps are also a no-go.
I'd never used it before, so I don't know how it operated on PC. Takes some getting used to. It did help me retrieve some excess wire from my cross-map teleporter; I hadn't been able to see the wire clearly before or reach the mistakes I made
Could you post a video of it in action when you get a sec?

That's a standard session with a high enough DPS. I can't do Frost Moon or anything with the Arcanum as it just freezes and I have to quit the app.

Could you post a video of it in action when you get a sec?

Gimme a bit to finish eating. Xbox is shut down right now. And I can only record a maximum of 5 minutes

And be aware I'm very n00b with machines so there'll be a lot of fumbling

Gimme a bit to finish eating. Xbox is shut down right now. And I can only record a maximum of 5 minutes

And be aware I'm very n00b with machines so there'll be a lot of fumbling
I'm off to bed now anyway, it's way past my bedtime. All I really want to see is what the interface looks like for the tool (switching wire colour etc.).

I'm off to bed now anyway, it's way past my bedtime. All I really want to see is what the interface looks like for the tool (switching wire colour etc.).

Hold B (or the PS4 equivalent) to access, then RT (I think) to change modes. Still figuring out how to select different wire colors

I too experience bad lag on xb1 and have ever since 1.3 was released and it still hasnt been addressed or even mentioned. I wish the base game could get fixed and smoothed back out before throwing out any more content updates. The game feels so clunky and far from the polished gem it once was..and its gettn worse with every update

I think my overall major complaint of this update is the awful UI. I've been hearing it was originally the UI for just the computer, and that would make sense, as it's probably incredibly effective on that platform, but on console? Ehhhhhhhh not so much

• It's difficult as heck to navigate, and for someone new to this interface, it's annoying to not at least have an indicator to tell me where right and left bumper will send me on the inventory
  • Crafting is clunky, making last minute crafting in tough scenarios near impossible. The issue of having to constantly press right bumper already slows things down, but when you press A, you are then locked with the item stuck to your cursor until you press B, or shift your way through the HUD until you get to the inventory
  • The items you can craft are small and very difficult to see, and the materials required are even harder to read, especially on splitscreen
  • The items are also not well organized. As how there were originally categories you could quickly traverse, everything is now all just smushed together in one tiny block of items
Video for old HUD reference here:
Yes, it's a sawmill tutorial, but it doesn't seem people tend to just overview HUDs, so yeah
Anyways, those are my complaints. The old HUD was so much cleaner and easier to navigate than the current one.
Though, one thing I do prefer now is how easy it is to get to the map

I think my overall major complaint of this update is the awful UI. I've been hearing it was originally the UI for just the computer, and that would make sense, as it's probably incredibly effective on that platform, but on console? Ehhhhhhhh not so much

• It's difficult as heck to navigate, and for someone new to this interface, it's annoying to not at least have an indicator to tell me where right and left bumper will send me on the inventory
  • Crafting is clunky, making last minute crafting in tough scenarios near impossible. The issue of having to constantly press right bumper already slows things down, but when you press A, you are then locked with the item stuck to your cursor until you press B, or shift your way through the HUD until you get to the inventory
  • The items you can craft are small and very difficult to see, and the materials required are even harder to read, especially on splitscreen
  • The items are also not well organized. As how there were originally categories you could quickly traverse, everything is now all just smushed together in one tiny block of items
Video for old HUD reference here:
Yes, it's a sawmill tutorial, but it doesn't seem people tend to just overview HUDs, so yeah
Anyways, those are my complaints. The old HUD was so much cleaner and easier to navigate than the current one.
Though, one thing I do prefer now is how easy it is to get to the map
I agree
[doublepost=1559684021,1559683867][/doublepost]
Computer UI is not ment for console every version of Terraria should have its own UI but they screwed it up into thinking computer UI is easy to understand for console and mobile players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom