Introducing the Void Vault and Void Bag

I think he's mad that this is something else the PC players are getting that he thinks the console players won't. @Fabritzio you can relax. Console players will be getting both the Dungeon Defenders content and this one. The DD content will be coming in the next console patch actually since they are skipping ahead to 1.3.5.

Ocram was removed because it was content that wasn't created by the PC creators, they didn't approve of it and thought it was inferior to the stuff they had made. Except for Ocram all of it was lazy palette swaps with hugely inflated stats. Ocram himself was just Eye of Cthulhu with more spammed projectiles. They weren't quality content, they were filler to keep the game alive. At the time the PC version had been declared done. Now that it isn't the case, they decided to remove them in favor of the better 1.3 content.
I’m not mad I’m just highly passionate about the game I’ve personally come to know and love. In my own opinion and lots and lots of other council players have come to agree with this. Ocram didn’t feel lazy. The vast majority of council players don’t have the ideals of thinking ocram or any of the items that were removed as lazy we just saw them as more content and more reasons to grind for another hard to get item that has little to no hard mode value. They were cool and fun to get. I just don’t see how it’s fair for one group of people to not like it to have it all removed and slandered without regard. The void bag is super awesome by the way I support it.

Last edited:
council players

Just for your information, the word you're looking for is "console", not "council".

I just don’t see how it’s fair for one group of people to not like it to have it all removed and slandered without regard.

I can't speak to any "slandering" (though to be honest, people have called Ocram "lazy" since day one, so it's not like such statements are new), but its removal was a decision made by 505, not by the primary Terraria PC developers (who never implemented it and thus were not responsible for either its addition nor its removal). PC Terraria players were in no way responsible for the removal of Ocram, so if you're going to complain, you should complain to/about the people actually responsible.

Just for your information, the word you're looking for is "console", not "council".

I can't speak to any "slandering" (though to be honest, people have called Ocram "lazy" since day one, so it's not like such statements are new), but its removal was a decision made by 505, not by the primary Terraria PC developers (who never implemented it and thus were not responsible for either its addition nor its removal). PC Terraria players were in no way responsible for the removal of Ocram, so if you're going to complain, you should complain to/about the people actually responsible.
Knowing what people meant is half the battle. Sings the cut seen to GIJOE. Srry missed the bottom section of your last post. But I’m not complaining I’m just talking for me and the other players that have come to agree with what I’m saying. I don’t see why he couldn’t of just been a side boss sorta like duke fishron.

Last edited:
I’m not mad I’m just highly passionate about the game I’ve personally come to know and love. In my own opinion and lots and lots of other council players have come to agree with this. Ocram didn’t feel lazy. The vast majority of council players don’t have the ideals of thinking ocram or any of the items that were removed as lazy we just saw them as more content and more reasons to grind for another hard to get item that has little to no hard mode value. They were cool and fun to get. I just don’t see how it’s fair for one group of people to not like it to have it all removed and slandered without regard. The void bag is super awesome by the way I support it.
Real console player here (not a robot either, did a recaptcha once), Ocram was terrible. It was dull to grind for the summon, it was a copy of the EoC fight, and the armor recipe was so boring I decided against ever going for it.
Knowing what people meant is half the battle. Sings the cut seen to GIJOE.
I'm going to assume English is a second language for you. Good job managing a whole second language.

Knowing what people meant is half the battle.

But... you didn't get that half of the battle, since InstaFizz (and to be honest, me too) needed someone to interpret what you were talking about ;)

Ocram was removed because it was content that wasn't created by the PC creators, they didn't approve of it and thought it was inferior to the stuff they had made.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I think it's important to get the facts straight. Can you cite a post that explained those particular reasons for removing Ocram? Because my understanding was that 505 basically decided that their codebase's divergence from Terraria PC was inhibiting their progress in porting new PC editions to the console on a reasonable timetable. And thus, the easiest way to catch up to Terraria PC was to basically discard everything they had done and just re-port Terraria 1.3 to the consoles directly. Thus, it was not really a question of whether to "remove Ocram", but whether to put him back after they discarded all the code that had Ocram in it.

And they decided that it wasn't worth the effort.

But... you didn't get that half of the battle, since InstaFizz (and to be honest, me too) needed someone to interpret what you were talking about ;)

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I think it's important to get the facts straight. Can you cite a post that explained those particular reasons for removing Ocram? Because my understanding was that 505 basically decided that their codebase's divergence from Terraria PC was inhibiting their progress in porting new PC editions to the console on a reasonable timetable. And thus, the easiest way to catch up to Terraria PC was to basically discard everything they had done and just re-port Terraria 1.3 to the consoles directly. Thus, it was not really a question of whether to "remove Ocram", but whether to put him back after they discarded all the code that had Ocram in it.

And they decided that it wasn't worth the effort.
All I’m saying is that there’s a whole community craving ocram and you guys are just completely ignoring it and watering it down by disregarding everyone who wants him back by snidely marking comments like he’s lazy or doesnt fit in , and the void bag is a builders best friend my support all day long.

We have the same source, minus some posts from Loki that I don't want to make the effort to search up. Your understanding is wrong though, not sure how you read that as 505's decision. Cenx is not 505 games, she's part of ReLogic, who made the PC version only. Redigit himself has mentioned his disdain for the console exclusives, repeatedly. End result, ReLogic made the decision to remove the exclusives. They wanted everyone playing the same version of the game, their PC version. As of 1.3 they were no longer needed anyway. The console exclusives were meant to fill an end game niche that the Moon Lord content now fills.

I guess my point is that the decision doesn't appear to be "Ocram and the console exclusives are ugly and stupid, so let's get rid of them". It seems more like "the console Terraria codebase's divergence is making it take way too long to adopt new versions from the PC, so to fix that, just start the port over from a fresh fork of the PC's codebase".

While the Powers That Be clearly don't like the console exclusive content, I don't see evidence that getting rid of that was the goal behind the decision, merely a side-effect of wanting the console ports to be able to catch up with the PC version. I mean, I'm sure they've shed exactly zero tears over Ocram, but I don't think that's why it was done. So I'm questioning the framing of it as "ReLogic made the decision to remove the exclusives" rather than "the console port was restarted at 1.3, which happened to cause most of the exclusives to go away".

That may seem like a trivial difference, but it's kind of important. If you frame it as "ReLogic made the decision to remove the exclusives," that strongly suggests an adversarial relationship between ReLogic and console players. They want to take away console players' stuff because they've decided that it's bad, without asking console gamers for their opinion. But if you frame it the other way, it represents them wanting to give console gamers more stuff faster, and this is just a necessary compromise to get there.

Also, there's the fact that, if ReLogic's primary purpose was to remove the console exclusives, there are a lot easier ways to do it than to re-port the entire game. Removing that stuff might take a week's worth of work (if that), while doing a re-port would take... substantially longer. So again, I have a hard time believing that the console exclusives were the primary impetus behind this.

Except for Ocram all of it was lazy palette swaps
Nah.
JWENShV.png
isn't a lazy palette swap of
mLojexH.png
. Neither is
Iy1lUAV.png
2v9X1d0.png
GHVY45S.png
Xr2U4tJ.png
57iBQ54.png
And so on.

Honestly I would have liked if instead of removing the exclusives from the console/mobile versions, they did the opposite and added them to the PC version. Even if it's made something completely optional and skippable so those who don't like it can just ignore it -- nobody forces you to create and use the summon item, it doesn't gate any content needed for progression. After all, Duke Fishron, the Pumpkin and Frost Moon events, the Frost Legion, the invasions, the Old One's Army, and more are completely optional and skippable, you don't need to do any of those in order to defeat the Moon Lord. (In fact the only hard requirements for progression are killing Wall of Flesh, the mech bosses, Plantera, Golem, Cultist, celestial pillars, and Moonlord. I'd put Skeletron and Goblin Invasion as soft requirements because they're needed to make the ankh shield.)

The irony is that now on the PC, we can actually get the console and mobile exclusives thanks to mods: Ocram 'n Stuff, Consolaria. (And if you install both, you can even fight two Ocrams at once!)

I've actually never defeated Ocram, and I got slightly angry that I'd never be able to defeat him. On the other hand, I fell out of my chair when they said they are adding Old One's Army for console soon.

I've actually never defeated Ocram, and I got slightly angry that I'd never be able to defeat him. On the other hand, I fell out of my chair when they said they are adding Old One's Army for console soon.
If you have the 3DS or mobile version, you still have a chance.

Mod this, mod that, can’t anyone play a game without using cheats, mods, or glitches? All of you that do are fake wannabe gamers.
Yeah, i get that mods, glitches, and cheats help out, but math, how can you challenge yourself if you do? How can you say that you are pro if you cheat? I like to see a full game done properly so i can see how the creators dedicated their work to US.
Its mathing beautiful. The sound, the art, the story, it all comes together as a beautiful world of wonder and amazement that they want us to see.
I see alot of people just calling themselves gamers and cheating or modding or glitching to win, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY LAME.
Its the challenge you should look for, not the (Fake) acquired trophy’s.

THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO ANYONE IN PARTICULAR, IM JUST IRRITATED AT FAKE GAMERS.
PatriotGRiMM
Maybe we should put it like this, I personally have worked my way up without cheats to get every item in the game, I have grounded for 300 hours on my character to get everything I can in the game. My friend also plays, he's used a few cheats to get to where he is now. We both LOVE Terraria to death. Does that make him a fake gamer? Isn't the fact that we all love playing a game make us all real gamers? The fact that you would aggressively call out "fake gamers" Means you truly don't understand what gaming is all about. Cause gaming isn't about sweating your balls off for everything like some of us fo, it's about enjoying the experience and having a good time.

I think it would be cool if you could throw things out from your inventory or others such as, chests, piggy banks, safes, defender's forge, etc. And have the void such it up and place it into the void vault. Note: It only picks up player dropped items. Maybe it could also such up enemy drops as well? Just a thought.
I wish there was a moving to a new world box that you could grab everything you wanted to take with you to it and not the large number of back and forth trips. Global van lines kind of thing. One stop move.

Back
Top Bottom