Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bit sad about the update name but hey, it's a whole new thing to explore and it means more hours of fun with my friends, i can't thank you enough for the times of fun this game me and my friends has given me.

Great. Now we need an impossible mode. When you spawn, 10 dungeon guardians spawn and you get a message after death:
"When we told you that this mode is impossible we didn't mean that it's something very hard, we meant that it's impossible".

Great. Now we need an impossible mode. When you spawn, 10 dungeon guardians spawn and you get a message after death:
"When we told you that this mode is impossible we didn't mean that it's something very hard, we meant that it's impossible".

It's basically the mode that getting hit once kills you.

Did you see that 370 damage from the Moon Lord's Death Ray?

It's like "okaaaay sure, whatever I guess."

It's for those people who can do frame-perfect inputs over and over again.

Better them put a Master Mode in, rather than screwing the game up for the rest of us filthy casuals. They can make Master Mode as impossible as they like, doesn't mean I have to play it.

It's basically the mode that getting hit once kills you.

Did you see that 370 damage from the Moon Lord's Death Ray?

It's like "okaaaay sure, whatever I guess."

It's for those people who can do frame-perfect inputs over and over again.

Better them put a Master Mode in, rather than screwing the game up for the rest of us filthy casuals. They can make Master Mode as impossible as they like, doesn't mean I have to play it.
But master mode means that I will play on the 3rd easiest difficult and people will laugh at me even more :dryadcry:

That would be amazing, but I can't see it ever happening. People desire status, and the only objective way to understand what status you have is to decide who you're above.

Well, still, you don't have to TELL people you play on Normal. And if you don't tell them..... then they don't have to know and they can't judge you for it. The only way you know I play Normal is because I said it, because I don't give a flying *bleeeeeeeeeeeep* about what they think of me or my gaming skills, or lack thereof.

I do feel like I'm missing out not playing Expert, the 6th Accessory slot and the Shield of Cthulhu are very useful, I have done an expert playthrough once but the enemies deal way too much damage and take too long to kill for it to be fun. But I am pretty good at the game, I did an entire Post-MoonLord playthrough with 0 deaths.

Terraria: Journey’s End includes a full re-visit to all elements of Terraria. Over time, some things may have felt left behind or made obsolete by newer content. No more! Old things made new and new elements added to flesh out the overall experience – think you know all there is to know about Terraria? Think again!

Outside of the usability improvements, this is probably the thing that has me the most cautiously excited. Ever since Terraria 1.3 introduced Yoyos, Flails just stopped making sense. Yoyos are more controllable, can be crafted from basic materials, do more damage, can have longer range, can be guided around obstacles more readily, and have a bunch of cool accessories to improve all of these. By contrast, Flails... exist? Oh sure, one or two flails give interesting status debuffs (the Dao of Pow still has a place due to its confusion debuff alone), but overall, they just don't matter anymore.

So I'd love to see them do something mechanically to allow them to compete with Yoyos.

Similarly, since 1.1, arrows have felt like an also-ran to bullet weapons. Pre-hardmode, there's a real difference between the two: guns tend to fire faster but with lower damage, while bows fire slower and are harder to aim, but cause more damage per shot. But post-hardmode, rather than improving their damage and keeping their unique aspects, bows just became slower-firing guns. And the sniper rifle is really a bow that fires bullets, thus taking away the one advantage using bows had: high damage.

Sure, there are a couple of late-game arrow-based weapons that are worthwhile, but most of the Ranger-time between beating the Wall of Flesh and getting the Tsunami (or maybe Chlorophyte Shotbow with special arrows) is generally spent with guns of one kind or another. And even then, the best bow, the Phantasm, feels less like a bow and more like a gun with a weird mechanic.

I would like to see them restore the difference between guns and bows in early-to-mid hardmode.

Oh, and if fishing could be made not to be horribly boring (or to at least not require constantly going back to base), that'd be good.

Oh, and if fishing could be made not to be horribly boring (or to at least not require constantly going back to base), that'd be good.

The only problems I see with fishing now, is the ridiculously low chance of getting rewards (especially ones that aren't duplicates) from the Angler's turn-ins.

Once you get the Tackle Bag and the Angler's Clothes and the GFR with some potions you go out with 100+ bait and you can easily fish a whole game-day away and end up with 50+ crates easy. Not sure what more you want. And each cast takes 2-3 seconds, so it's not like you're just waiting and waiting and waiting....

Do we know if the developers are aware of the issue of world data extending past the playable map meaning that corruption/crimson or Hallow can occur there after destroying an altar therefore changing the biome of the Ocean (making fishing for Ocean specific items such as Angler quest items more difficult than I would think is intended since the biome's fish change as a result) as those biomes may spread?

It looks like I've had this happen in my current playthrough and the Clentaminator seems unable to reach whatever specific block or blocks that are corrupted so the optional goal of removing the evil biome and Hallow that the Dryad encourages seems impossible to complete as it is (I am using methods to contain the corruption through Sunflowers and incorruptible blocks but just being able to use the Clentaminator to properly remove it would be good as it would be if there were no 'unplayable' parts of the map).

Since the first post of this thread references containing "Quality of Life improvements" and "a full revamp of world generation" hopefully this issue is included in that and addressed and if it is then that would make this update seem a bit greater than the great update that it looks like.

Last edited:
The drop chances were already confirmed to happen, but I don't know if it tracks your 1.3 kills...

Considering Master Mode wasn't on the worldgen screen, I think you have to kill Expert Moonlord to unlock it...

They said you had to work for the creative mode and not just have it handed to you... maybe it's locked behind the same thing as Master Mode?

Sorry, I can't see them doing this, at least TerraCustom will probably update more quickly then TML...
The tally counter already keeps track of your 1.3 kills, why couldnt they work for 1.4?

The reason creative and master mode arent on the world create screen is because that was made originally for 1.3.6 which wasnt going to have that, if you notice you can choose between corrupt and crimson which is also unlocked after WoF, yet its still there unlike master.
[doublepost=1560296978,1560296482][/doublepost]I am going to make a list of things that need to be changed in terraria

Console:
Manual Cursor Sensitivity
Yoyo Cursor Sensitivity (overrides manual cursor sensitivity when holding a yoyo)
Lots of bug fixes (mainly frame-rate, seriously there are times my phone runs atleast 10x better than this)

Mobile:
Manual and Yoyo Sensitivity (same as console)

Pc:
empty

All:
Higher goblin scout spawn rate
Advanced options for worlds (allow control over certain world options, such as life crystals, biomes, other. also require ML defeated to unlock)

Anyone else can make suggestions and ill add them here if i like them

I'm really concerned about "Master Mode". If it's just doubling the stats again I think it will be the opposite of fun- we already saw a player get essentially one-shotted by Moonlord in the trailer, a boss which is already criticized for having too many cheap attacks.
Actually, if you look at the trailer again, each of those Master Mode clips starts with the player somewhere between half health and 1/4 health, and (at least in the case of the EoW and Moon Lord clips) the killing blow doesn't come until the player is down to single digits in health.

Actually, if you look at the trailer again, each of those Master Mode clips starts with the player somewhere between half health and 1/4 health, and (at least in the case of the EoW and Moon Lord clips) the killing blow doesn't come until the player is down to single digits in health.
It dealt over 350 damage in one hit

Oh man, if the base game had built-in support for mods and sharable adventure maps (and apparently some creative mode) then it really would be Terraria Journey's End Finalest Super Ultra Turbo Edition HD Remix The New Challengers & Knuckles. Think you can take it? Not when I shift into, MAXIMUM OVEREXPERT

And I wasn't expecting the bestiary to actually show you even the drops for the monster holy paloola. Do I even get the tooltip if I'm looking at the equipment the thing may drop? Hmm

There's this one item in the trailer I'm thinking about. FOSSIL PICKAXE. Did they update what you can do with fossils to make it count like a full new ore now, before Hellstone? That's really interesting because to even dig fossils in the first place you need to go higher than mineral pickaxes, you need corruption/crimson pickaxe (or reaver shark), and any Eater/Brain stuff you got previously made obsolete everything you could dig except Hellstone. So not only is it a new ore but it's properly in a separate progression tier too? I like the sound of that (there's also the 3 super cool ores that are added since hardmode, but literally in the next step you get hallowed bars which already make all 3 obsolete and then you only seek jungle chlorophyte instead, normally you have to cycle through the pickaxes of the 3 in order but not if you just open fishing crates), and I SWEAR there's that new gray-brown brick thing that I can't tell if it's going to be another ore too or not

Also you better know I'm totally spreading that glowing moss everywhere unapologetically. At one point I actually tried growing the lava moss up and even into the surface but I stopped because it was too awkward to do and then you had to keep leaving to wait, but apparently now you can just manually place these on any stone block. (it glows so it's actually helpful because it's like natural torches across the place, and the way it wraps around the scenery makes it nicer to see which directions the cave is going)

"the optional goal of removing the evil biome and Hallow that the Dryad encourages seems impossible to complete as it is"
Pretty much... The only proper way of doing that is to count how far the Clentaminator reaches then making hellevators every X blocks apart in the world, then sideway shafts across the entire world once every X blocks down, and clentaminating every individual block in the planet. The other way of doing it is to very carefully dig under and isolate the entire corruption/crimson biomes before starting hardmode, then you also have to make a hellevator left and right of the center to contain the V, then you can fight wall of flesh (and then hope the V didn't generate past the two hellevators because you can't tell where it'll be), but also you probably want to dig under a big space in the world center so you can have a pure base there instead of both the evil and the hallow encroaching in, and then after that you're absolutely not allowed to smash any altars ever because smashing altars can generate evil/hallow in a random part of the world for some reason (get ores from fishing instead).
For something that spreads infinitely there's really no reason to let it do that. And then if the evil gets to the jungle it will outright kill it, even if purified it turns to dirt instead of its own jungle mud.
I imagine one thing that would help is if the Dryad sold you a furniture you could place anywhere, then it prevents absolutely all encroaching from happening in a straight down line. Doesn't purify anything, just prevents both from spreading. So you wouldn't even need to make world-scarring hellevators, just place some of these, and if you WANTED to infect a place you could just place two around it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom