tModLoader The Ophioid Mod

Btw here's a spoiler and proof this IS going somewhere
unknown.png

Hey everyone! On top of finishing up the last boss fights hopefully in the near future, I'd like to annouce this mod has hit 5K downloads on the browser

wooooooo!

That might not be a super big deal, but for me it is considering this was just some outsourced work am I doing, thanks to everyone who downloaded this (and realized to download IDGlib as well!)

thank you I cant wait to see the other attacks it has
For the most part I tired to stay accurate to what Kranot and I had planned out like, half a year ago. (IE what's written on the front page)
There are some changes however I feel that were needed to balance the fight out and make it more interesting.

Hey sorry to double post but:

The big 2.0 Mod-finished update just dropped wooooooo

At this point all that's left is fixing bugs and balancing issues as they pop up but otherwise, this mod is now done! Yay!

Now, lets play a game of "How long until Kranot notices his mod is now done because I'm not going to tell him on discord because he even forget I existed and refuses to come back to the forums"
I'm not gonna tell him on discord because he had no reason to abandon the forums anyways, he knows this mod has been in active development these last few weeks and well, I can't edit the first post of this thread to make it clear the WIP stuff is finally in.

so I tested the boss and he was very AWESOME but I did find 2 bugs. first bug was just when I defeated the larva(the 2nd phase I think) he summoned the cocoon very far away and it despawned maybe this is a bug or its spawns with on his head idk. the second one is when I summoned it again the larva was normal but when it dies it will not summon the cocoon. also if you are wondering I did use hero's mod to summon the fly phase

so I tested the boss and he was very AWESOME but I did find 2 bugs. first bug was just when I defeated the larva(the 2nd phase I think) he summoned the cocoon very far away and it despawned maybe this is a bug or its spawns with on his head idk. the second one is when I summoned it again the larva was normal but when it dies it will not summon the cocoon. also if you are wondering I did use hero's mod to summon the fly phase
First bug is known, it happens when he he's really far away and starts moving very fast and this can also lead to him despawning. I haven't quite figured out a way to deal with this yet as the AI here is very different from your normal worm boss.
And yes, it spawns from his head after he digs into the ground at half health.

2nd one isn't a bug, if you kill the larva phase he will only drop what that phase would the first time you fought it.
After he digs into the ground when he's at half health, he'll despawn and the Cocoon phase will begin.
Make sure your near an edge of your world to give you the maximum time to deal with this phase, since it kinda plays out like a Wall of Flesh-like fight and the boss will despawn after going off the edge of your world.

First bug is known, it happens when he he's really far away and starts moving very fast and this can also lead to him despawning. I haven't quite figured out a way to deal with this yet as the AI here is very different from your normal worm boss.
Could you set him to just not be able to despawn, perhaps? Similar to the Cultists that are around the tablet at the dungeon entrance, which don't despawn offscreen. Maybe add in a check where if it has no target in a certain, larger radius (i.e. all the players that were fighting it are dead) it will despawn to avoid it spawnkilling respawned players (and to avoid the battle going on forever).

Could you set him to just not be able to despawn, perhaps? Similar to the Cultists that are around the tablet at the dungeon entrance, which don't despawn offscreen. Maybe add in a check where if it has no target in a certain, larger radius (i.e. all the players that were fighting it are dead) it will despawn to avoid it spawnkilling respawned players (and to avoid the battle going on forever).
well it is like the wall of flesh so it would be hard to get rid of it maybe have it go near the player and I know this may be hard to do but make it curl up in a ball.
[doublepost=1560378947,1560378911][/doublepost]sorry also have it mold in to the cocoon

I think he means the 1st phase (the worm phase) which I could. The boss already has code that makes it run offscreen when all the players are dead.
That thing was coded well over half a year ago and back then I didn't know to block despawning.

I coulda swore there was a reason I didn't consider that an option before, hmmm...

Well...

It would seem Kranot hasn't noticed his mod is done and he won't unless I directly tell him.

So I got a few questions
Since I'm keeping after this mod now, I feel that means I more or less own the mod and he helped make it via sprites.
And should I make a new thread for this? Since Kranot isn't going to update it anymore? (And he's also eating up all the likes for basically 25% of the work that went into mod while I get none)

I would say yes to making the new thread also I would say yes to you own the mod because he just did the sprites but I have a question. did he tell you what attacks to do to the Ophioid boss

I would say yes to making the new thread also I would say yes to you own the mod because he just did the sprites but I have a question. did he tell you what attacks to do to the Ophioid boss
Yup, we discussed how all the boss phases should act, the cocoon and fly phases are largely unchanged from when we discussed them last year.
I tried to refollow his ideas but I did make some changes of my own, like the boss dropping fragements and a few attacks doing other things in addition to what is listed to help balance them out.
Out of respect to Kranot, I didn't add anything into the mod he wouldn't want, likely still won't unless people want it.

I defeated the post golem version, and it gave me Lunar Fragments. I haven't fought the Lunatic Cultist or Moon Lord yet, is this a bug?

Back
Top Bottom