tModLoader Corru Crim NPCs

What should the spawn conditions be?

• Corru - ebonstone in inventory, Crim - crimstone in inventory (current spawn conditions)

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Corru - crimstone in inventory, Crim - ebonstone in inventory (reverse the current conditions)

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Corru - after BoC is defeated, Crim - after EoW is defeated (difficult to get both)

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Other idea (tell in comment please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yea, merge all of the NPC mods you made. And if there are any NPC mods willing to merge with your collection of mods, and your fine with it, do it! If we get a big collection of NPC mods we could have just 1 mod for all the NPCs. That would be super dope.

Yea, merge all of the NPC mods you made. And if there are any NPC mods willing to merge with your collection of mods, and your fine with it, do it! If we get a big collection of NPC mods we could have just 1 mod for all the NPCs. That would be super dope.

The question about that is, what if someone wants this NPC, but not that NPC?

But if the idea is popular, I could make a mod that has all the NPCs I made/sprited.

So far, that means Corru & Crim, the Picklock and the Scam Artist (another 1 NPC minimod we were working on. the original plan was a rotating shop similar to traveling merchant, but we couldn't figure it out and while testing things, I somehow ended up publishing it. it works fine, but not as originally intended) and we're currently fumbling with a wacky old Professor. And maybe there will be more NPCs too, who knows.

Merging with NPCs made by others is questionable, but an interesting option. it probably would be very very complicated though.

A solution to the problem: There is a mod that lets you pick up NPCs and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe we could do something like that, but we get rid of them. Another idea is a menu that says "hey, which NPCs do u want?"

A solution to the problem: There is a mod that lets you pick up NPCs and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe we could do something like that, but we get rid of them. Another idea is a menu that says "hey, which NPCs do u want?"

What mod is that?
And I'm not quite sure how to even code something like a menu like that.
But sounds interesting, I guess

I honestly dont know the mod, i just saw Chippy swinging his bug net around and he picked up an NPC.
Maybe the Alchemist NPC mod could help in you learning how to do that. It has a menu for the Alchemist that lets you chose what potions do you want to go to.

I honestly dont know the mod, i just saw Chippy swinging his bug net around and he picked up an NPC.
Maybe the Alchemist NPC mod could help in you learning how to do that. It has a menu for the Alchemist that lets you chose what potions do you want to go to.

Ah, no, I know Alchemist NPCs (or lite, since I have that) has that, you can catch those NPCs with a bug net, and they turn into a horcrux, you can use, to summon said NPC somewhere. basically just putting them down elsewhere or so.
And they have several shops, which is definitelly something that would be cool for these NPCs too
but they all do move in like normal, once their spawn conditions are fulfilled. You can't really disable that.

I have an idea, maybe a mega npc that sells you the NPC's (for lets say, 5 gold) as long as you have a house open and the conditions met.

I have an idea, maybe a mega npc that sells you the NPC's (for lets say, 5 gold) as long as you have a house open and the conditions met.

I don't really know. Since, if the conditions are met, they would spawn, and move in.
What I mean, the possible problem is, what if a player not wants some of these NPCs? you can't really disable them. You can disable certain NPCs spawning in cheat sheets mod, but it does not actually disables them, but murders them the moment they spawn. so you get messages like "[someone] the [something] moved in" "[someone] the [something] died" and then again later, since spawn conditions usually stay being met so said NPC will always spawn again too, just gets killed. That's not a perfect solution...

But maybe it's not really important...

I like these two NPCs, but they look a little jittery in their walk cycles, like there's an incorrectly-placed animation frame, or maybe frames are being used like
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 1 2 and repeating.
Counted about 14 frames on a sprite sheet.

The things they do when gesturing to people look neat.

Yes, that's possible. Someone could look at it who is more experienced at it and tell what causes that.
Haha, thank you, I changed the standard hard-rise gesture to those to be a bit different XD

Also, I'm thinking about I will try to compile this and other NPC minimods I made into a small mod. but maybe some help would be nice with it, from someone better at programming than me (I don't really know anything about programming XD) and spriting too to help figuring out what causes that with their moving animation. and possibly adding new stuff too. for example some new critters, vanity armors, etc. (e.g. turning these NPC's clothes into wearable vanity armors too you could get via crafting, or sold by someone.)

Hi! I do not know what is wrong with me, but I do not find a link to download the mod, please help me if you read, the author respect for the mod! ;)

@Dialektik

it should be downloadable from the mod browser. is it not there?

By the way, I'm working on some updates, but it's probably going to be another mod, including the slightly improved Corru & Crim too.
But I could use some help with coding... if anyone interested helping out?

@Dialektik

it should be downloadable from the mod browser. is it not there?

By the way, I'm working on some updates, but it's probably going to be another mod, including the slightly improved Corru & Crim too.
But I could use some help with coding... if anyone interested helping out?

I found your mod in the mod browser, it turns out that it just has a slightly different name not as in the title of the discussion, thank you and sorry for the trouble...

Update (or something)
I won't upgrade this mod, probably.
Integrated it into my new, small mod, Wacky NPCs Mod. Check it out! And I would love to hear your feedback!

This mod still should be able to be downloaded from mod browser though by the way. Do tell me if it's not available.

Currently, they sell demonite ore / crimtane ore only after EoW/BoC is down.
Basically...

start: currupt/crimson blocks, wood, basic drops and stuff (like rotten chunk, vertebae, mushrooms, etc.)
EoC: thrown powder, biome exclusive fishes, summon item for EoW/BoC, and some other stuff
EoW/BoC: ore and other material (shadow scale/tissue sample), shadow orb/crimson heart drops and some other stuff
Queen Bee: fountains
Skeletron: thrown waters
hardmode: hardmode material (cursed flames/ichor), hardmode exclusive fish, crafting stations (crimson only)
1 mech boss: greater mimics drops, solutions

I think that you could change the thrown powder part b/c you can craft thrown powder with the mushrooms, which you get at the start.

Back
Top Bottom