PC Terraria wont start

PappaWassen

Terrarian
When i open Terraria, i get an error message:
System.DIINotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks':Cannot find specified module.
at
Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(Appid_tunOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialized()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Pls help i really want to play

Alright try this, first uninstall the game. Then backup any characters and worlds you care about because the following will delete all your characters and worlds, so remember to copy them somewhere else.

Delete the "Terraria" folder in \Documents\My Games. Then install Terraria again and see if your game launches. (or at the very least if it crashes with a different error)

Once you finished that it is safe to copy back over your worlds and characters.

Alright try this, first uninstall the game. Then backup any characters and worlds you care about because the following will delete all your characters and worlds, so remember to copy them somewhere else.

Delete the "Terraria" folder in \Documents\My Games. Then install Terraria again and see if your game launches. (or at the very least if it crashes with a different error)

Once you finished that it is safe to copy back over your worlds and characters.
Same exact error. No changes.

Did you buy the game on steam or was this illegally downloaded?

If you did buy it, does launching the error occur when launching the game through steam?

Did you already verify the integrity of your steam game cache? (guide below)

Verify Terraria's Steam Cache
If your game is unresponsive at times it is recommended you do a Verify Steam Cache with the game provided for Steam (This does not include GOG Version).
  1. Goto My Library on Steam.
  2. Right-Click Terraria and Select Properties.
  3. Goto Local Files Tab.
  4. Now Select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
If you have trouble with the above instructions, you may be using a different provider or retailer.

If that doesn't work please confirm you have the CSteamworks.dll file in your install directory.

Did you already verify the integrity of your steam game cache? (guide below)

Verify Terraria's Steam Cache
If your game is unresponsive at times it is recommended you do a Verify Steam Cache with the game provided for Steam (This does not include GOG Version).
  1. Goto My Library on Steam.
  2. Right-Click Terraria and Select Properties.
  3. Goto Local Files Tab.
  4. Now Select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
If you have trouble with the above instructions, you may be using a different provider or retailer.

If that doesn't work please confirm you have the CSteamworks.dll file in your install directory.
Everything seems fine, and i do have CSteamworks.dll.

Before doing the following steps remember to back up your characters and worlds to another location because the following will delete all your save data.

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Delete the Terraria folder located in \Documents\My Games\Terraria
3. Reinstall the game.

After you've confirmed it can launch then it's safe to copy over your characters and worlds.

If that doesn't work let me know

Before doing the following steps remember to back up your characters and worlds to another location because the following will delete all your save data.

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Delete the Terraria folder located in \Documents\My Games\Terraria
3. Reinstall the game.

After you've confirmed it can launch then it's safe to copy over your characters and worlds.

If that doesn't work let me know
I've already tried that. Doesn't work.

From what I understand, uninstalling Terraria does not delete your worlds and characters, you only lose them if you delete the "My Games" Folder in documents.

Did you buy the game on steam or was this illegally downloaded?
@PappaWassen You never answered this question.

From what I understand, uninstalling Terraria does not delete your worlds and characters, you only lose them if you delete the "My Games" Folder in documents.

Correct, but since a full clean reinstall has them delete the folder in \Documents\My Games I warn users to back up their data first. Certain issues (like this one) can be caused from mixed residual mod data thus why I instruct a very particular reinstall.

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry for the repeated steps, I thought I checked to make sure I didn't already instruct you to do that, guess I didn't check well enough. I haven't been sleeping much lately.

I also assumed since you answered the second question it implied you purchased the game legally. Was I incorrect in assuming this?

Back
Top Bottom