Is Minecraft Steve or the Terraria Player stronger? I have the answer.

Well, obviously we can't know, unless the devs outright say "this is the density of demonite" or whatever. So, we use things we DO know the weight of. Are you legitimately trying to discredit me for NOT using substances with no defined mass?
No, I'm not trying to discredit you. It's not possible to use substances with no defined mass. As for the math you used for the coins, I'm gonna say it's wrong. Well, not the math itself, I guess. Just the fact that you assumed that coins are made of the lower tier coins. Yes, crafting them seems that way, but I'm going to assume that your character is exchanging the coins for higher tiers. As ridiculous as Terraria's logic gets, nowhere else in the game can you craft multiple objects of the same real-world material into a completely different real world material. Silver, gold, and platinum, all exist. Why not use the densities of those?

No, I'm not trying to discredit you. It's not possible to use substances with no defined mass. As for the math you used for the coins, I'm gonna say it's wrong. Well, not the math itself, I guess. Just the fact that you assumed that coins are made of the lower tier coins. Yes, crafting them seems that way, but I'm going to assume that your character is exchanging the coins for higher tiers. As ridiculous as Terraria's logic gets, nowhere else in the game can you craft multiple objects of the same real-world material into a completely different real world material. Silver, gold, and platinum, all exist. Why not use the densities of those?
I brought that up because it was also assumed that crafting an apple with 8 gold blocks in minecraft would give you a golden apple that still has the weight of the gold blocks, and if you used those golden apples to make a banner, the banner would also have the weight of the dozens of gold blocks that were needed to make it.

What MegaMage314 said. We're assuming things are made of EVERYTHING that you craft them with.

I brought that up because it was also assumed that crafting an apple with 8 gold blocks in minecraft would give you a golden apple that still has the weight of the gold blocks, and if you used those golden apples to make a banner, the banner would also have the weight of the dozens of gold blocks that were needed to make it.

As far as I'm concerned, the Terraria player wins. I mean, who else can hold an inventory of demonite brick and a large Excalibur? Most certainly not Steve, that's for sure.

If there's nothing left over after you craft something, you can assume it's made of everything used to craft it.
There's nothing left over when you exchange 100 pennies for a dollar. It's safer to assume something sensible, like the player exchanging money.

Apart from that, though, what you did is just completely absurd. You compared the mass of a crapload of copper coins to the mass of... what, exactly? Gold? Diamond? You didn't say. I'm gonna assume it's gold, since you mentioned gold armor. So, you compared copper to gold. Completely valid comparison. Or did you use copper? Because Minecraft doesn't have copper. Your calculations are based on an assumption that nobody makes except you, you're comparing two different metals, and seriously, who says that the number of slots is the maximum carrying capacity of your character? I can lift a chair, but it wouldn't fit in a backpack.

Why would it be Steve? Cheaters with Gameiki can load tons of bullets (which probably weigh a TON), Excalibur swords, some on the PS3 even give me 2847463 bullets of chlorophyte in my inventory! I did delete them after to tell them I'm legit. I'm pretty sure Steve can't lift that many bullets or anything.... I think we can all see Steve's "strong" muscles in animations, but I think the Player took this one.

There's nothing left over when you exchange 100 pennies for a dollar. It's safer to assume something sensible, like the player exchanging money.

Apart from that, though, what you did is just completely absurd. You compared the mass of a crapload of copper coins to the mass of... what, exactly? Gold? Diamond? You didn't say. I'm gonna assume it's gold, since you mentioned gold armor. So, you compared copper to gold. Completely valid comparison. Or did you use copper? Because Minecraft doesn't have copper. Your calculations are based on an assumption that nobody makes except you, you're comparing two different metals, and seriously, who says that the number of slots is the maximum carrying capacity of your character? I can lift a chair, but it wouldn't fit in a backpack.

Are you meaning to tell me you can magically combine 100 pennies into a dollar? No, that's not what happens. You don't "craft" a dollar bill out of pennies, you exchange 100 pennies for a dollar bill, and then that person you traded with gets your 100 pennies, so there's still 100 pennies left over. However, in terraria, you don't exchange your coins with anyone. You just craft the bigger coin out of the smaller coins.

And, yes, I did specify what the items are. In multiple replies, and the video in the spoiler says them as well, which is WHERE I got the items I'm using. But, since you brought it up, it's chests full of chests, all the way down to the NBT depth limit, which are then filled with lapis lazuli dyed banners, with enchanted golden apples applied to them. Each individual chest is heavier than all of the mass in our universe.

Also, what assumptions are you talking about? The width of a coin? Or what?

Why would it be Steve? Cheaters with Gameiki can load tons of bullets (which probably weigh a TON), Excalibur swords, some on the PS3 even give me 2847463 bullets of chlorophyte in my inventory! I did delete them after to tell them I'm legit. I'm pretty sure Steve can't lift that many bullets or anything.... I think we can all see Steve's "strong" muscles in animations, but I think the Player took this one.

Is that the maximum amount of items you can spawn into a single stack? If so, I will redo my calculations to account for them.

Are you meaning to tell me you can magically combine 100 pennies into a dollar? No, that's not what happens. You don't "craft" a dollar bill out of pennies, you exchange 100 pennies for a dollar bill, and then that person you traded with gets your 100 pennies, so there's still 100 pennies left over. However, in terraria, you don't exchange your coins with anyone. You just craft the bigger coin out of the smaller coins.

Also, what assumptions are you talking about? The width of a coin? Or what?
I am not saying that at all. I said "exchange," not "craft." Learn to :red:ing read. What I mean is that when you exchange money, there's nothing left over because the person you're exchanging it with doesn't give you back what you gave him. It is safe to assume that you're somehow exchanging the money because it's money. That's what you do with money. It's different than crafting an item with materials. The ridiculous assumption I am referring to is that the coins are literally made from, therefore retain the mass of, the lower values. It's not like coins in Terraria are named after their values, they're named after what they're made of. Silver, gold, and platinum all have their own masses. 1 cubic centimeter of silver isn't equal to 100 cubic centimeters of copper, gold isn't equal to 100 cubic centimeters of silver, and so on. If you asked me who you're exchanging coins with, I couldn't tell you. Maybe the bunnies. Or every other entity in Terraria that carries coins for whatever reason. Wolves? Penguins? Bats? Why not? Maybe it's the same people who store all of the NPCs' money, since none of them drop any coins upon death.

I am not saying that at all. I said "exchange," not "craft." Learn to :red:ing read. What I mean is that when you exchange money, there's nothing left over because the person you're exchanging it with doesn't give you back what you gave him. It is safe to assume that you're somehow exchanging the money because it's money. That's what you do with money. It's different than crafting an item with materials. The ridiculous assumption I am referring to is that the coins are literally made from, therefore retain the mass of, the lower values. It's not like coins in Terraria are named after their values, they're named after what they're made of. Silver, gold, and platinum all have their own masses. 1 cubic centimeter of silver isn't equal to 100 cubic centimeters of copper, gold isn't equal to 100 cubic centimeters of silver, and so on. If you asked me who you're exchanging coins with, I couldn't tell you. Maybe the bunnies. Or every other entity in Terraria that carries coins for whatever reason. Wolves? Penguins? Bats? Why not? Maybe it's the same people who store all of the NPCs' money, since none of them drop any coins upon death.

Look, the entire thing relies on the idea that things are made of what you craft them from. You don't exchange coins in terraria. You craft them, from lower tier coins. Nothing is lost, you don't give any coins to anyone else, so clearly the coins are actually made of lower end coins.

Look, the entire thing relies on the idea that things are made of what you craft them from. You don't exchange coins in terraria. You craft them, from lower tier coins. Nothing is lost, you don't give any coins to anyone else, so clearly the coins are actually made of lower end coins.
Whatever you say.

Wow, I didn't know you're a developer for Terraria. How else would you be able to decide the rules on how the game works?

Wow, I didn't know you're a developer for Terraria. How else would you be able to decide the rules on how the game works?

IDK, maybe by observing how it appears to work? I have 100 copper coins, and I craft it into one silver coin. I'm obviously not trading it with anyone, so where could the silver coin come from? The only possible solution (without making up imaginary invisible beings who the player secretly does currency exchanges with) is that you just smush all the coins together into a silver one.

Anyway, I originally argued in the thread I made this post in at first that higher tier coins AREN'T crafted and are instead exchanged, but my opposition in that thread convinced me that coins must, in fact, be crafted from what they're made of, since we assume the same of Minecraft, and there is no waste left over.

(Except MatPat wouldn't make stupid assumptions)
(Probably without stupid assumptions)

That channel makes assumptions about things all the time. I don't know what you're talking about.

IDK, maybe by observing how it appears to work? I have 100 copper coins, and I craft it into one silver coin. I'm obviously not trading it with anyone, so where could the silver coin come from? The only possible solution (without making up imaginary invisible beings who the player secretly does currency exchanges with) is that you just smush all the coins together into a silver one.
And how does it appear to work? Did you carefully watch the FMV of your character hammering copper coins together that plays when you make silver coins?

That channel makes assumptions about things all the time. I don't know what you're talking about.
Yes. Reasonable assumptions based on evidence found within the games.

Back
Top Bottom