Terraria Launch on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safeman🌻

Community Manager
Staff member
Re-Logic
Greetings Terrarians from around the world! We are ecstatic to announce that Terraria will be launching on Nintendo Switch on Thursday, June 27!

tswitch627.png

You read that correctly. Terraria Switch will be live to the world for digital download in 2 days! We love our fans, and since the game is ready, we figured we would just get it into your hands as soon as possible. It will take us a bit more time to get out the physical retail version, but until then we hope you will enjoy the full game available for download via Nintendo eShop. For those Terrarians reading this and approaching the emotional equivalent of bliss, please come share your love on our social communities on Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube, Steam, the forums, and everywhere else. We can't wait to read your gleeful reactions. They provide us the sustenance we need to push out updates.

Switch image.png

To celebrate the Switch launch, we are going to be hosting daily events for prizes on Discord. You can also find us on all major social media hubs and even hanging around on Twitch dropping in on streams to spotlight content creators. And this is only the beginning! Stay tuned to our social media channels throughout the coming weeks, so you can join in on all the epicness. You are also invited to join us tomorrow, Wednesday June 26 at 12:00PM PST, for an AMA with Terraria Switch developer Pipeworks Studios, where we will discuss all things Switch. You can join the live Q&A at Discord.gg/Terraria.

Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your pets, tell that guy walking down the street, Terraria is coming to Switch this week!

Last edited:
Holy crap, I have been waiting a long time for this, and it turned out to be worth it! Your hard work does not go appreciated, team!

YES ! EYS YES Q8WEFUIWE4HFW4UIGHWHGUIWR YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! I LOVE YOU, DEV TEAM ! I LOVE YOU, PIPEWORK ! I LOVE YOU RELOGIC ! I LOVE EVERYONE ON THIS D*** FORUMS !!!!!!! THJANKS OYU OMGOMG
Still not on the Eshop for pre-order though... :(

I have a question though. Is the online gonna require Nintendo Online or will it be free ?

Last edited:
This is good. But how much will it be?

Edit: I have edited my comment on the day of release. As it is $60AUD. Yeah no thanks

Last edited:
YES ! EYS YES Q8WEFUIWE4HFW4UIGHWHGUIWR YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! I LOVE YOU, DEV TEAM ! I LOVE YOU, PIPEWORK ! I LOVE YOU RELOGIC ! I LOVE EVERYONE ON THIS D*** FORUMS !!!!!!! THJANKS OYU OMGOMG
Still not on the Eshop for pre-order though... :(

I have a question though. Is the online gonna require Nintendo Online or will it be free ?
Its impossible for it to not require it and be online, nintendo chooses that not pipeworks.
EDIT: Guess im wrong, pipeworks does choose it.

Do we know what version this is launching on? I assume 1.3, but what version of it? Like 1.3.5, 1.3.0.1, or what?
Just 1.3.0.1 (1.3.0.2-1.3.0.7 doesnt have any content, so 1.3.0.7 is identical to 1.3.0.1)

Last edited:
Its impossible for it to not require it and be online, nintendo chooses that not pipeworks.

Just 1.3.0.1 (1.3.0.1-1.3.0.7 are just bug fixes, its not actually gonna be 1.3.0.7 its 1.3.0.1)
Yes it is. That why Fortnite don't require online (Nintendo Online). Nintendo said themselve that it gonna be the dev who choose to be using Nintendo Online or not. That why not a lot of non-nintendo game use Nintendo Online, but all Nintendo one use it x)

Yes it is. That why Fortnite don't require online (Nintendo Online). Nintendo said themselve that it gonna be the dev who choose to be using Nintendo Online or not. That why not a lot of non-nintendo game use Nintendo Online, but all Nintendo one use it x)
The developers choose if it requires a membership for online? Doesnt that remove the whole point in the membership, and why would any dev make it require a membership, as more players will play your game if it costs less and has more features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom