Terraria Launch on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Terrarians from around the world! We are ecstatic to announce that Terraria will be launching on Nintendo Switch on Thursday, June 27!

You read that correctly. Terraria Switch will be live to the world for digital download in 2 days! We love our fans, and since the game is ready, we figured we would just get it into your hands as soon as possible. It will take us a bit more time to get out the physical retail version, but until then we hope you will enjoy the full game available for download via Nintendo eShop. For those Terrarians reading this and approaching the emotional equivalent of bliss, please come share your love on our social communities on Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube, Steam, the forums, and everywhere else. We can't wait to read your gleeful reactions. They provide us the sustenance we need to push out updates.

To celebrate the Switch launch, we are going to be hosting daily events for prizes on Discord. You can also find us on all major social media hubs and even hanging around on Twitch dropping in on streams to spotlight content creators. And this is only the beginning! Stay tuned to our social media channels throughout the coming weeks, so you can join in on all the epicness. You are also invited to join us tomorrow, Wednesday June 26 at 12:00PM PST, for an AMA with Terraria Switch developer Pipeworks Studios, where we will discuss all things Switch. You can join the live Q&A at Discord.gg/Terraria.

Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your pets, tell that guy walking down the street, Terraria is coming to Switch this week!
I can’t wait to see something like this, but it is for 1.3 mobile. Still very excited for Terraria on my Switch!
[doublepost=1561498529,1561498484][/doublepost]
Great! Now, mobile turn.
Yes, please.:lslime:
[doublepost=1561498611][/doublepost]Will you be able to turn off blood and gore on the Switch? I’m just curious. Don’t hate on me for asking this question, because people hate it when I ask this.

Actually, upon further scientific visual analysis of the cover image, I have come to discover a startling secret:

The individual in the armor is in fact of the species grouping Ornithurae. It's a goddamn bird, not a human.

Here's my proof:

Ignoring the fact that his (its? hers? I don't even) right arm is softly bent to the point where it's mistakeable for a tentacle, how the left shoulder plate protrudes further than the right one compared to the upper arm (I'm sorry, tentacle?), and ignoring the fact that clearly, that pickaxe is actually just a boomerang on a stick, there is something to the dimensions of the character that gives away a heinous truth.

Take a look at this:

0Nhohfi.png

Do you see it?
I marked it in pink, with the suspicious difference in green.

The back leg might not come to mind, but they forgot to photoshop the front (right) leg, due perhaps to how the angle makes it hard for a 2D perspective edit to look natural. You can clearly see that on the back leg, the foot (and in fact back of the heel) starts exactly where the lower yellow gold-colored ring on the shin armor ends. And on the front portion of the back leg, it lies almost directly atop the foot. The lines presume the bone; you can see that on the hind leg, marking shin-to-sole only required two joined lines, with the gold-ring-to-heel distance marked in green.

Whereas on the front one, there is an obscene distance between the gold ring and the foot itself; but the worst part is, following the bone, we can see that there almost appears to be a segment in between - and sure enough, connecting the gold ring to the heel required a separate, differently angled and extended line before the sole line! (Marked in green)

Still don't see it?
Here, let me freshen up your memory.
5TpDvnr.png

Yeah. Only birds have an extra joint like that - not humans.

Caught you with your pants down, @Redigit.

Last edited:
Actually, upon further scientific visual analysis of the cover image, I have come to discover a startling secret:

The individual in the armor is in fact of the species grouping Ornithurae. It's a goddamn bird, not a human.

Here's my proof:

Ignoring the fact that his (its? hers? I don't even) right arm is softly bent to the point where it's mistakeable for a tentacle, how the left shoulder plate protrudes further than the right one compared to the upper arm (I'm sorry, tentacle?), and ignoring the fact that clearly, that pickaxe is actually just a boomerang on a stick, there is something to the dimensions of the character that gives away a heinous truth.

Take a look at this:

0Nhohfi.png

Do you see it?
I marked it in pink.

The back leg might not come to mind, but they forgot to photoshop the front (right) leg, due perhaps to how the angle makes it hard for a 2D perspective edit to look natural. You can clearly see that on the back leg, the foot (and in fact back of the heel) starts exactly where the lower yellow gold-colored ring on the shin armor ends. And on the front portion of the back leg, it lies almost directly atop the foot. The lines presume the bone; you can see that on the hind leg, marking shin-to-sole only required two joined lines, with the gold-ring-to-heel distance marked in green.

Whereas on the front one, there is an obscene distance between the gold ring and the foot itself; but the worst part is, following the bone, we can see that there almost appears to be a segment in between - and sure enough, connecting the gold ring to the heel required a separate, differently angled and extended line before the sole line!

Still don't see it?
5TpDvnr.png

Caught you with your pants down, Redigit.

... You sir, are a legend.

Here's my proof:

Take a look at this:

0Nhohfi.png

Do you see it?
I marked it in pink.

Whereas on the front one, there is an obscene distance between the gold ring and the foot itself; but the worst part is, following the bone, we can see that there almost appears to be a segment in between - and sure enough, connecting the gold ring to the heel required a separate, differently angled and extended line before the sole line!

Still don't see it?
5TpDvnr.png

Caught you with your pants down, Redigit.
Well, it’s terraria so who cares if it’s a “monster.” Lmao

That not their to decide. That Re-logic side.
They are only PUBLISHING console... Heck, 505Games are not even making it. Pipework are making it, DRStudios are making mobile and Re-logic is making PC.
just look at their message under header, you'll get it

Wow. I definitely wasn’t expecting a release this early. Now I have 2 games to look forward this week, that being this and Super Mario Maker 2. I have $20 on standby but I’m pretty sure the game will be about $30

Wow. I definitely wasn’t expecting a release this early. Now I have 2 games to look forward this week, that being this and Super Mario Maker 2. I have $20 on standby but I’m pretty sure the game will be about $30
I have Terraria, doing my shopping, Mario Maker 2 with a friend, unOrdinary, my new job, PARTY & more ;-;

Since I see the pricing stuff that tends to come up (PC is $10, <insert console> is more), I'll say what I always do:

• Pricing on consoles is not like it is on, say, Steam... where you can just list a price that you want
  • Pricing on consoles is most often done in a "analog" format (what are similar games priced on the same platform) - for Terraria, this is almost always seen to be Minecraft
  • Re-Logic has purposely not followed the model of slowly raising the price on PC (as MC did), creating a price discrepancy for Terraria vs MC on PC.

Take all of that together and you get the end result:
  • Terraria priced to parity with MC ($29.99)
  • However, RL is forcing the price on PC to not match MC... and that creates a discrepancy between Terraria PC and Terraria on any console as much as it does with MC on PC.
  • Terraria is a tremendous value - even at $30. Even at more, if you think about it. When you look at the sheer amount of content, gameplay, and hours people pour in... its a good value regardless. Just because we at Re-Logic choose to keep the PC price at such a low point doesn't change that calculation taken on its own.

Hope that helps at least a bit. I know this comes up nearly every time a console version comes out... and I totally get the issue on the face, but when you dive a layer deeper, its a bit more understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom