Pixel Art Derpo's Magnificent Sprites

What do you think?

• Total voters
hey, Mr Derpo, could/would you make trees?

(i would to make some suggestions, but i'm very bad at spriting. Maybe you could help me, if it's okay. Thank you in advance!)

hey, Mr Derpo, could/would you make trees?

(i would to make some suggestions, but i'm very bad at spriting. Maybe you could help me, if it's okay. Thank you in advance!)
I mean, I'm half-decent at making the trunks of trees. But I've never been able to make good looking leaves. So unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to help you. :/

This isn’t a request, but rather a question. What platform do you do you pixel art on (PC, Tablet, ...)? Do you think you can successfully do pixel art on a tablet? And if so, is it easier or harder?

This isn’t a request, but rather a question. What platform do you do you pixel art on (PC, Tablet, ...)? Do you think you can successfully do pixel art on a tablet? And if so, is it easier or harder?
I use PC. I've never tried using a tablet. I imagine it would probably take more time to use a tablet, but it shouldn't be too much harder. It is just arranging squares after all.

Uh...alright. Well, I'll need a bit more info than just trees. Any specific kind of tree? A specific style?

I'm sorry for the lack of information, i was trying to avoid asking for sprites before you agreed.

For a start, i would like three trees:

1 - a laurel, that tree that was used to crown the winners of ancient games in greece. I imagined a version of it with the wood golden and lustrous (and the leaves emerald and lush)
2 - a willow, a somewhat "sad" or "weeping" tree, with a thin trunk and branches. I imagined a version of it with the wood silvery gray (and the weeping leaves seeming dry and dead, brownish)
3 - an aspen, alsso called cottonwood. I imagined it pale yellow streaked with gold (and the bushy, fluffy leaves in pastel tones)

thank you very much for your patience and kindness, and for the sprites in advance.

Hey! Remember that request for the Slush Monster I made a while ago? I made an idea I had for the sprite for you to base it off of.

Slush Monster.png
(The shading is terrible because I was tired)

I'm sorry for the lack of information, i was trying to avoid asking for sprites before you agreed.

For a start, i would like three trees:

1 - a laurel, that tree that was used to crown the winners of ancient games in greece. I imagined a version of it with the wood golden and lustrous (and the leaves emerald and lush)
2 - a willow, a somewhat "sad" or "weeping" tree, with a thin trunk and branches. I imagined a version of it with the wood silvery gray (and the weeping leaves seeming dry and dead, brownish)
3 - an aspen, alsso called cottonwood. I imagined it pale yellow streaked with gold (and the bushy, fluffy leaves in pastel tones)

thank you very much for your patience and kindness, and for the sprites in advance.
Hey! Remember that request for the Slush Monster I made a while ago? I made an idea I had for the sprite for you to base it off of.

View attachment 210253 (The shading is terrible because I was tired)
Hey, so. As you've probably noticed, I haven't responded to either of you. I've not been able to find motivation to sprite, and I highly doubt I'll ever find any. So unfortunately, I'm not gonna be doing these requests. And will also be closing my sprite thread. Perhaps for good. Sorry you both had to wait so long just for a no, I feel really bad about it.

Hey, so. As you've probably noticed, I haven't responded to either of you. I've not been able to find motivation to sprite, and I highly doubt I'll ever find any. So unfortunately, I'm not gonna be doing these requests. And will also be closing my sprite thread. Perhaps for good. Sorry you both had to wait so long just for a no, I feel really bad about it.
That's ok! I understand if you're busy and aren't feeling like spriting anymore, it's up to you what you do! I wish you luck on your future endeavors then!

Mr Magnificent, my dear!

There isn't absolutely anything you should worry about me. I, myself, have been struggling for some years with a depression that ebb and flows. In this meantime, i have shut many projects, dropped many dreams and so on.

In my side, I thank you so much for being so lovely and courteous, and wish deeply that you find inner power to conquer any obstacles that your life might pose to you.

(and sorry if my speech may have sounded cheesy or presumptuous - i'm not very certain if my english is that accurate)

<3

(Hey, this is me from the future. This comment is super cringey and i hate it)

me likey me want to ask for sprite for making but request closed so its fine A YAFYCEHGAW WT W3GTBSGBTRGJUHT a loloa

Last edited:
Depends which ones you want to use and what for.
Making a Mod that just has random stupid stuff, and i like your sprites..

I wanna use:
(Im selecting the Sprites by number so like the first sprite or second, etc. For most)

In the armor: 6, 15, 16, 26

In the melee: 4, all the scythes, the sword left of the blue scythe

In the ranged: 1, 8, 13, 21, 26, Stardust and Nebula lookin rifles

In the oversized: Gold hammer thing

I'll credit you in the mod description and tooltip of the weapon/armor which ever you'd prefer

Making a Mod that just has random stupid stuff, and i like your sprites..

I wanna use:
(Im selecting the Sprites by number so like the first sprite or second, etc. For most)

In the armor: 6, 15, 16, 26

In the melee: 4, all the scythes, the sword left of the blue scythe

In the ranged: 1, 8, 13, 21, 26, Stardust and Nebula lookin rifles

In the oversized: Gold hammer thing

I'll credit you in the mod description and tooltip of the weapon/armor which ever you'd prefer
For armor, 6 is fine. 15 and 16 are being used personally. And 26 is actually just slightly modified colors of things already in game, and is in personal use. Though I don't have sprite sheets for any of them, so if you want to use them, you'll have to make those yourself.

For melee, 4 is in personal use, but the others you asked about are fine.

For ranged, 21 and 26 are in personal use, but all the others you asked about are fine.

And the hammer should be fine to use as well.

If you need, I can provide individual sprites for all the ones I've said are okay, and names for the few that have them if you want that as well. As for credit, a mention in the tooltips will do.

Back
Top Bottom