Biomes & Nature The Moon (above sky islands)

Stoovan

Skeletron Prime
So I'm not sure if this has already been suggested but if not, here's a little suggestion I have that would fit perfectly for space in terraria. The moon pretty much.

The moon would be way higher than the sky islands and would require wings or allot of dedication (aka ropes or anti gravity potions) to get there. It could have stuff like moon rock, moon sand and some craters. Think of it like the desert having large holes that go deep into the moon. It would have stuff like your basic minerals, some special chest or even stuff left behind from an ancient civilization that once lived on the moon (pretty much strange house structures or even a monolith). Moon rock could probably be it's own mineral and furniture. Having a grayish sandy look. It could also be home to some weird enemies to make it more of a challenge (aliens probably?).

Though this may not work in some sense due to having to add more height to the game's world. But if it is possible, I would love to see that happen. As I said above, I'm not sure if this has already been suggested. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Either way, I don't mind if it's a bad idea. I just wanted to see what you all think.

Thanks!

I like this idea. Maybe the moon in the background should go up and off screen as you get closer, then instead of having the worlds have stupidly high height limits, once you reach the top of space, the screen should go black and you appear on the moon with a different map.
Or maybe instead of that, have the portal gun + Luminite + 30 Iron bars + Rocket boots make a space ship mount that allows you to teleport onto the moon. xP

The best way to get to the moon would be via the portal gun like in portal 2, but it would be post Moon Lord then.
That seems like a great idea. At least it would be something to do after moon lord and would put the portal gun to some use besides using it for cool tricks and what not.

I like this idea. Maybe the moon in the background should go up and off screen as you get closer, then instead of having the worlds have stupidly high height limits, once you reach the top of space, the screen should go black and you appear on the moon with a different map.
Or maybe instead of that, have the portal gun + Luminite + 30 Iron bars + Rocket boots make a space ship mount that allows you to teleport onto the moon. xP

I think maybe you could use the cosmic car keys too, since it is a ship. I think the ingredients you mentioned are good, but the mount should be a little harder to craft in my opinion. I feel like the moon should be a challenge, on and off it.

Back
Top Bottom