Switch 2 Game Breaking Glitches/Bugs. Please address this!

a1rlo

Terrarian
My cousins and I recently bought Terraria for Switch 2 days back and have already poured countless hours into the game. However, we ran across 2 game breaking bugs that are instantly making us regret our purchase, which was already a steep price for another copy of Terraria.

We started on an expert, large world and the beginning of the game was fine. No crashes, smooth multiplayer experiences - but that was soon to end.

When we made a hellavator, we found that if you made it above spawn and you went down it, after reaching a certain chunk, the game would crash for anyone that wasn't the host. We were able to dig around this chunk and play around it and thought that was the end of our problems. We soon found out that there were more of these bugged chunks that prevented us from moving at all to the left or right without crashing. So we had to create a new world entirely even with a new host, and once again, after creating the hellavator, non-host players would crash immediately upon reaching hell in the same spot. We once again moved around the glitched chunk and built the platform far to the left of hell to avoid the bugged chunk and then proceeded to throw a Guide Voodoo Doll into the lava to summon the WoF. The guide was slain and nothing else happened - the WoF did not spawn. We thought it was a mere bug and thus we went back up to the surface and then I decided to relog to see if that would fix the bug. Then when I tried to host again, I kept getting a "failed to create session" error after the "loading world data" progress reached 100%. I restarted the game and my switch multiple times and received the same error. The game was originally docked, but I tried it in both docked and undocked afterwards and neither resulted in a solution. When you try to load the world in singleplayer, the world gets to 100% and then the game basically bricks itself, only should the title screen and any button you press cycles you through tips - restarting the game is the only way to exit. This is rather ridiculous that this port would even be released with bugs that would seem this common, and for 30$ and countless hours which have apparently been wasted.

My cousins and I recently bought Terraria for Switch 2 days back and have already poured countless hours into the game. However, we ran across 2 game breaking bugs that are instantly making us regret our purchase, which was already a steep price for another copy of Terraria.

We started on an expert, large world and the beginning of the game was fine. No crashes, smooth multiplayer experiences - but that was soon to end.

When we made a hellavator, we found that if you made it above spawn and you went down it, after reaching a certain chunk, the game would crash for anyone that wasn't the host. We were able to dig around this chunk and play around it and thought that was the end of our problems. We soon found out that there were more of these bugged chunks that prevented us from moving at all to the left or right without crashing. So we had to create a new world entirely even with a new host, and once again, after creating the hellavator, non-host players would crash immediately upon reaching hell in the same spot. We once again moved around the glitched chunk and built the platform far to the left of hell to avoid the bugged chunk and then proceeded to throw a Guide Voodoo Doll into the lava to summon the WoF. The guide was slain and nothing else happened - the WoF did not spawn. We thought it was a mere bug and thus we went back up to the surface and then I decided to relog to see if that would fix the bug. Then when I tried to host again, I kept getting a "failed to create session" error after the "loading world data" progress reached 100%. I restarted the game and my switch multiple times and received the same error. The game was originally docked, but I tried it in both docked and undocked afterwards and neither resulted in a solution. When you try to load the world in singleplayer, the world gets to 100% and then the game basically bricks itself, only should the title screen and any button you press cycles you through tips - restarting the game is the only way to exit. This is rather ridiculous that this port would even be released with bugs that would seem this common, and for 30$ and countless hours which have apparently been wasted.
Hi @a1rlo, thanks for sharing this info.

If you haven’t already, I suggest sending this info directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Another link in case the first is closed: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Also, right now there is an issue with worlds that have Item Frames or Training Dummies placed in them. Don’t delete your world. Pipeworks (the console developers) are working on a fix, and they’ve said it will be included in the next patch, they are working on getting that out to everyone as soon as possible.

For the time being, while playing in other worlds, avoid using Item Frames and Training Dummies.

I agree with this bug being a major issue, especially regarding the WoF not spawning. I´ve tried spawning it on multiple worlds, but it fails every time despite all the variables being in order for the WoF to spawn. Even more important than fixing multiplayer, if this ¨the WoF not spawning¨ situation is really a bug, that should be put first. It is an early game boss that prevents players from entering Hard Mode on any given world, so I really do hope this is just a me problem and not a widespread bug, but after roaming the bug reports it appears that Iḿ not alone in this issue.

I agree with this bug being a major issue, especially regarding the WoF not spawning. I´ve tried spawning it on multiple worlds, but it fails every time despite all the variables being in order for the WoF to spawn. Even more important than fixing multiplayer, if this ¨the WoF not spawning¨ situation is really a bug, that should be put first. It is an early game boss that prevents players from entering Hard Mode on any given world, so I really do hope this is just a me problem and not a widespread bug, but after roaming the bug reports it appears that Iḿ not alone in this issue.
Hi @ScrapzMask, for the Wall of Flesh not spawning, there used to be an issue with that in the past on other platforms. Getting out of the game completely, then going back in was something that worked previously. Also, be on the lookout if you have the Horrified debuff when you go down to the underworld, along with checking the map to look all the way left and right to see if the WOF boss icon is anywhere (as the boss might be there but taking forever to travel off the world, thus preventing a new WOF from being summoned).

First I experienced some minor issues with the multiplayer connectivity which at first I assumed it was my own internet but it wasn't cuz it happened several times even in singleplayer mode. The game would instantly close my world in single player or it'd close my server or kicked me out of another server. Second, the fps would suddenly drop to a level where I can't barely move. The third thing that I didn't expect at all was the game not entering my world after getting into hardmode. I can't enter my large world (my main world) I can barely enter my friends' worlds and I can't host a game either. I don't know what to do I feel like it was a waste of money and don't get me wrong I love the game and it's wonderful but the switch version for me it's unplayable and I didn't buy the game to not play it.

First I experienced some minor issues with the multiplayer connectivity which at first I assumed it was my own internet but it wasn't cuz it happened several times even in singleplayer mode. The game would instantly close my world in single player or it'd close my server or kicked me out of another server. Second, the fps would suddenly drop to a level where I can't barely move. The third thing that I didn't expect at all was the game not entering my world after getting into hardmode. I can't enter my large world (my main world) I can barely enter my friends' worlds and I can't host a game either. I don't know what to do I feel like it was a waste of money and don't get me wrong I love the game and it's wonderful but the switch version for me it's unplayable and I didn't buy the game to not play it.
Hi @Raccoon-Wizard, welcome to the forums. :)

If the game is suddenly closing your world in single player and you're having performance issues beyond that constantly and consistently across multiple areas of the game, it sounds like maybe something else may be at hand. Have you tried restarting the Switch (Hold Power Button>Power Settings>Restart) and seeing if that makes a difference. Also, are you running it in the dock? Give that a try and see if things improve.

For the large main world that you can't enter, did you happen to place any Item Frames or Target Dummies in the world?

I've tried everything.

Item frames? Do you mean like the trophies and stuff?

Hi @Raccoon-Wizard, welcome to the forums. :)

If the game is suddenly closing your world in single player and you're having performance issues beyond that constantly and consistently across multiple areas of the game, it sounds like maybe something else may be at hand. Have you tried restarting the Switch (Hold Power Button>Power Settings>Restart) and seeing if that makes a difference. Also, are you running it in the dock? Give that a try and see if things improve.

For the large main world that you can't enter, did you happen to place any Item Frames or Target Dummies in the world?

I've tried everything.

Item frames? Do you mean like the trophies and stuff?
Placing an Item Frame
Item_Frame.png
(you can put any item in them - whether it's a weapon, block, fish, etc) or a Target Dummy
Target_Dummy_%28placed%29.gif
will cause the world to not load right now. There is a fix coming soon - just waiting on Nintendo to approve it.

Back
Top Bottom