The game is welcoming me back....

Mental Mouse

Terrarian
After over a year elsewhere, I fired up Terraria for a fresh game, and the Random Number Gods seem to love me now. Even during early ramp-up, I got at least 6-8 golden critters, one time I had two onscreen at once. (Shoulda screenshotted it.) Buncha crates from early fishing, too. That said, it hasn't kept me from getting killed a few times from excessive ambition (Mediumcore).

After over a year elsewhere, I fired up Terraria for a fresh game, and the Random Number Gods seem to love me now. Even during early ramp-up, I got at least 6-8 golden critters, one time I had two onscreen at once. (Shoulda screenshotted it.) Buncha crates from early fishing, too. That said, it hasn't kept me from getting killed a few times from excessive ambition (Mediumcore).
Nice, did you get the reaver shark?

Nice, did you get the reaver shark?

Yup! Well, it took me a while to get past jungle and corruption to the ocean, but I did get there. At this point I've done maybe half the dungeon (including making an express hellevator), made my Cell Phone and Night's Edge, and looted my first shadow chest. I'm currently rolling as a "space mage": Meteor Armor/Space Gun, with Imp Staff, Vilethorn, Demon Scythe, and lately Flamelash. Done a few Old One's Army fights; pretty easy at this point, but then Tier 1 hardly has real drops so I'm just going for the Medals to get the Tier 2 weapon up front when it's that time.

I've done a little building too, making signs for my skyrail exits and a nice little liquids factory. Oh yeah, and the OOA arena. I'm down to 4-5 platinum from a peak of 8 (lots of reforging and buying stuff up front), but I can always stomp a few bosses or open crates if needed. (Yeah, I'm stockpiling crates again. ;-) )

So yeah, I'm basically in late pre-Hardmode, nothing looming over me so I can explore my world more thoroughly and prepare it for eventual Hardmode. I do have Corruption against jungle on one side and tundra on the other. A large world means there's a lot to explore, and both the Tundra and the main Desert have been not-terribly accessible underground -- I don't even have a Tundra fishing base. Happily my meteorites fell out of the way, but that also means I've got this one big section of disaster area, where corruption and meteorite are fighting over tundra and desert. I'm also thinking about flooding the Underworld, it'll make everything that much easier.

Back
Top Bottom