Switch Terraria Launches Today on Nintendo Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, what world sizes are people playing on? Im running on a small world, and it's ran mostly smoothly up until post Wall Of Flesh. Seems to save more often now, causing a temporary framerate drop, but other than that it's running well. If you guys are having trouble with larger worlds, might want to give a small world a try until they patch it.

My game screen seems to be constantly zoomed in just a bit when docked though, cutting off the edges of the screen and a good chunk of the UI is obscured. I cant seem to zoom out, and it's like that in Terraria's main menu loading the game. Anyone else having this issue?

There is smart and manual cursor modes in all console terraria versions.

I aint sure, if it does have press X by default to use (or possibly Y). If you want to be sure then look for Lock On in keybinds

You must have placed a target dummy or item frame, which must cause this. Since you dont often really use target dummys or item frames in a normal glitchlesd play, the developers probably missed that bug.
Use the #looking-to-play channel in the official discord to find someone to play with.

I’m not referring to that. On the PS4/Vita versions there was a singular yellow block to show where you would be placing an item. Now there is a grid that appears hovering behind the cursor which is crosshair and not the same cursor from PS4. Can this be changed?

Hey guys.

Is there a way to lock on to enemies on the Switch version? I know you can use the touch screen which (kind of) auto aims, but this isn't very effective when fighting for example the WOF. I've tried all the buttons and can't see anything in the options. Please can anybody tell me if this is currently an option?

Thanks

Hey guys.

Is there a way to lock on to enemies on the Switch version? I know you can use the touch screen which (kind of) auto aims, but this isn't very effective when fighting for example the WOF. I've tried all the buttons and can't see anything in the options. Please can anybody tell me if this is currently an option?

Thanks
If theres keybinds on the switch version, check them all and you should find Lock On.

Amazing, huh? Paying $30 for a 8 year old port and there's a world corruption bug that still hasn't been patched for more than a week.

Amazing, huh? Paying $30 for a 8 year old port and there's a world corruption bug that still hasn't been patched for more than a week.
And yet I still see no reason NOT to buy the game, sure it has a few bugs, but it is still Terraria. If you didn't love terraria, then what are you still doing playing an "8 year old port", as you called it? They will fix bugs in time, I'm sure, but in the meantime, why can't we enjoy the game for what it is, not what it isn't?

Terraria on switch is awesome but anyone else have an issue with it "freezing" when it autosaves? I'm playing on a large world in handheld mode... super annoying. Other than that it's been great.
Im having trouble with the metal detector not showing anything. Is there something wrong with it?

How long will it take for splitscreen?

Don't know - that is a question more for Pipeworks. My understanding is that performance was very sub-par... so that will have to be the focus there, raising the bar on those optimizations to get it to an acceptable level.

My tv doesnt fit terraria on my xbox one s, please help its so hard to play.

Best way to sort that for now is via overscan settings on the TV itself (feel free to PM me if you want some help figuring out how)

orld corruption? For such a game that has its gameplay based on the world that you generate, I do hope this gets fixed, especially to those who insisted on still buying the game even with the hefty additional price.

They are not corrupted, they just will not load - until the item frames/target dummy bug is patched (it is already fixed on the dev side, just waiting approval on that)

I'm very happy that Terraria is finally on switch. I have one problem though (as I'm sure someone already pointed out). Whenever I create a Large World, I start it, and at least 2 minutes or so into the game it freezes. I hope that someone is working on a fix to this.

This sounds like the known "Settling Liquids" thing - for now, docking the Switch can be a workaround. However, the fix for that is already in on the dev version, so just awaiting approval on that first patch so that it can get out to everyone.

It is already fixed on the development side. You cannot just "release" things on consoles... there is a first party approval process that often takes several days.

Had a bug with the lantern. Doesn't appear above the players head. Submitted but wondered if anybody else has this issue? I have tried turning it on and off in the menu.

Had a bug with the lantern. Doesn't appear above the players head. Submitted but wondered if anybody else has this issue? I have tried turning it on and off in the menu.
Hi @K1ngsl1me, I've seen others have this problem as well. As a workaround, try using the Magic Lantern from your hotbar (instead of equipping it in your light pet slot).

You can send in bug reports straight to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Hi, I have an issue with the Imp Staff, because the Imp only last for one minute, I already reported that to the bug form.
But I wanted to know if it is an intended behaviour, for only the Imp Staff and only for the Switch / Mobile?

Hi @K1ngsl1me, I've seen others have this problem as well. As a workaround, try using the Magic Lantern from your hotbar (instead of equipping it in your light pet slot).

You can send in bug reports straight to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Thanks very much I'll try that
[doublepost=1562796221,1562795731][/doublepost]Had this happen several times. The water flashes and I have to reset the game from the switch menu. It seems to happen when I've left it a long time in standby mode.

Attachments

• IMG_20190710_230154.jpg
    IMG_20190710_230154.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 170
I’m not referring to that. On the PS4/Vita versions there was a singular yellow block to show where you would be placing an item. Now there is a grid that appears hovering behind the cursor which is crosshair and not the same cursor from PS4. Can this be changed?

I really hate that I spent $30 on this for it to be ruined by the stupid intrusive grid cursor they chose to use. What a joke.

Hi, I have an issue with the Imp Staff, because the Imp only last for one minute, I already reported that to the bug form.
But I wanted to know if it is an intended behaviour, for only the Imp Staff and only for the Switch / Mobile?
It’s not intended behavior. Thanks for sending in a report using the bug report form @Alathreon. Here it is for any others stopping by: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Thanks very much I'll try that
[doublepost=1562796221,1562795731][/doublepost]Had this happen several times. The water flashes and I have to reset the game from the switch menu. It seems to happen when I've left it a long time in standby mode.
I’ve seen a few others with this problem @K1ngsl1me, and I think you’re on the right track correlating it with the game being left on for a bit. If you have a moment, I’d suggest sending in your pic with a bug report.

Its 2 years old, not 8. The worlds arent corrupted they just dont load due to a bug (which is fixed, the fix is being released soon.) and do you expect a bug to be fixed moments after a game releases?

When1.3 comes there will be nothing exclusive to other devices. it is a bug

I really hate that I spent $30 on this for it to be ruined by the stupid intrusive grid cursor they chose to use. What a joke.
There are other cursor modes. smart cursor, manual cursor. They are both great for different occasions, smart cursor is great for fast aiming or mining, manual is for building, breaking specific blocks, or if your aiming in just one direction

It’s not intended behavior. Thanks for sending in a report using the bug report form @Alathreon. Here it is for any others stopping by: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

I’ve seen a few others with this problem @K1ngsl1me, and I think you’re on the right track correlating it with the game being left on for a bit. If you have a moment, I’d suggest sending in your pic with a bug report.

I sent a report already, thanks for the reply.

I see no responses to indicate that you've been told or have located the button to swap between curser modes. There are multiple controller schemes, so I don't know if this is the case for every scheme, but clicking the left thumb stick in (Would be called L3 on a PS3/4 controller I believe) will swap between the faster direction aim that I find good for fighting/non precise mining, and the grid curer mode on "Redigits Choice" control scheme. That should let you swap between the two as needed, particularly out of it when you have it selected.

Using the Dpad seems to bring up the grid curser too, but I think using one of the thumb stick moves it back to the fast aim curser when the Dpad was used to select it.
Edit: Nope, have to us the left thumb click to get back out in either case.

So far the most control trouble I've had was having to manually map the toss button to throw a guide doll into the lava. That could really use a function to be tossed when "used" from the quick access bar without having to remap buttons.

Have beaten Moon Lord multiple times on a small world, non-expert mode now. I'd say the game is running pretty smoothly, though I suspect the saving/screen lag that gets somewhat irritating during hard mode is because the faster spread is creating more save file updates to be quantified, and tapers off in severity once most of the world is fully hallowed/etc and has no spreading or updates to report.

Still having trouble with docked screen cutting off UI and part of the game's view. Can't seem to get the achievement for touching the top/bottom of the world, but that may be because I couldn't see and assumed I had reached the top/bottom-most limit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom