tModLoader Reduced Grinding

I'm trying to get a diving helmet or two but with Calamity, Thorium, and others it's hard: there's a lot of enemy variety making sharks really rare.

I want to suggest adding the diving helmet to water lock boxes, and water lock boxes to Thorium and Calamity aquatic enemies.

Sorry for the late reply. I sometimes fail to get notifications from this site.
First, I want to say that I love this mod, and I find it absolutely essential. I've been using it since it was first published.

Having said that, as of the recent addition of the Stationary Merchant, I cannot get the toggle in the config file to actually disable the NPC. Mind you, this is in singleplayer, not multiplayer like others have reported. I've had no issue with the Chest Salesman's toggle.

And while I have your attention, there are two/three typos in the Marble Sundial and Granite Moondial: "This day wont count twoards the Enchanted Sundial cooldown." should be "This day won't count towards the Enchanted Sundial cooldown" (The period at the end of the sentence is of course grammatically correct, but it isn't standard for Terraria's tooltips.)

I'd also like to suggest a toggle/multiplier setting for the furniture drops from the lockboxes. I prefer to just receive the normal chest items and not the furniture.

Thanks for your time.
I had a conversation going with him. He gave me a fold with the ids of the NPCs, but they weren't working. I replied May 28th, but never got a response.
Is there a way to turn off the "merchant has reset their shop" messages? it's annoying to have them constantly pop up.
Is it still doing it? Usually the chance of restock is very low when you first start off, but get's higher towards the end of the game, but it stops happening once you have all that you can currently get.
I'm trying to get a diving helmet or two but with Calamity, Thorium, and others it's hard: there's a lot of enemy variety making sharks really rare.

I want to suggest adding the diving helmet to water lock boxes, and water lock boxes to Thorium and Calamity aquatic enemies.
Yeah it's hard to build my mod around other mods. There is a configuraiton to increase the rate of Diving Helmet (search for "LootDivingHelmetIncrease" in the configuration). You can increase the drop rate up to 100%, but it that's not enough I'll add a configuration for Diving Helmet in the water lock box. In order to get Water Lock box to drop from Thorium and Calamity enemies, you'll need to provide me with the those mod's object ids and a link to the mod author's permission to use them first.

Did you remove all items or just removed their recipe configuration from config file? I can't find config for recipes for potions or green ore accelerator

Did you remove all items or just removed their recipe configuration from config file? I can't find config for recipes for potions or green ore accelerator
Unfortunately I had to remove the recipe configurations because they weren't compatible with multiplayer. All recipes that were on by default are still there. If you're ever having trouble finding recipes in-game, I recommend the Recipe Browser mod.

Is anyone else having a problem with lockboxes? I don't get many lockboxes, most of the times the enemy just drops a chest and not the lockbox itself. Also, I have never seen a grab bag in my playthrough, were they removed? Or is it bugged right now?

EDIT: Nevermind the grab bag part, I just noticed it's a vanilla thing, but lockboxes are still not working properly.

Is anyone else having a problem with lockboxes? I don't get many lockboxes, most of the times the enemy just drops a chest and not the lockbox itself. Also, I have never seen a grab bag in my playthrough, were they removed? Or is it bugged right now?

EDIT: Nevermind the grab bag part, I just noticed it's a vanilla thing, but lockboxes are still not working properly.
Lockbox drop rate used to be higher, but it was lowered to be less overpowered (war or chaos potions can still help drop them quicker). You can set the configuration for lockboxes (search for "HardmodeModdedLockBoxDropRateModifier" in the configuraiton file, you'll find a bunch of lockbox configurations there). Maybe make a test world and turn the rates up so it drops 100% and see if they drop. If not, please let me know.
My stationary merchant died during a solar eclipse, and hasn't since respawned. Is there a way to force a respawn?
There's no condition for him spawning other than the configuration file (which is set to true by default). I suggest making plenty of rooms for NPCs to spawn, so he can spawn easier.
Could I pull a request to add Chinese Localization?
I've never done localization before, I'll try to do so. I found this which might help me: tModLoader - ModLocalizer - A tool to create localization for tModLoader mods

There's no condition for him spawning other than the configuration file (which is set to true by default). I suggest making plenty of rooms for NPCs to spawn, so he can spawn easier.

I've got 6+ valid housing structures and he hasn't respawned. Not sure how to get a respawn from here.

Edit: I was able to get him to respawn by swapping to single player. Unsure if it's intended to spawn in multiplayer or not, but if so, there's a bug there.

Last edited:
I have already done Chinese localization by using Modlocalizer, do you need the translated files?
Yes please, and thanks for localizing them.
I've got 6+ valid housing structures and he hasn't respawned. Not sure how to get a respawn from here.

Edit: I was able to get him to respawn by swapping to single player. Unsure if it's intended to spawn in multiplayer or not, but if so, there's a bug there.
I'll look into this.

Have you done this before, because I'm not sure what to do with those files. I, placed the files into my mod folder, then rebuilt it, but it didn't work (I backed up my mod before doing so, so I undid the changes). You can replace the english.tmod file in the mods folder with chinese.tmod file and it will convert everything to english, but I was hoping it would all be built into a single file.

Have you done this before, because I'm not sure what to do with those files. I, placed the files into my mod folder, then rebuilt it, but it didn't work (I backed up my mod before doing so, so I undid the changes). You can replace the english.tmod file in the mods folder with chinese.tmod file and it will convert everything to english, but I was hoping it would all be built into a single file.
The chinese.tmod is just the single file you wanted, but I don't know what ModLocalizer do during the patching process.
The other files in the zip is extract from the original .tmod by using ModLocalizer, just be translated.

The chinese.tmod is just the single file you wanted, but I don't know what ModLocalizer do during the patching process.
The other files in the zip is extract from the original .tmod by using ModLocalizer, just be translated.
Alright thanks. I uploaded the Chinese filie separately, and added a link to this thread's main post.

How do I use the config file with everything shut off? Do I copy the text on GitHub and then replace the current config file for reduced grinding with the ConfigCopyWithEverythingOff.json or is it anything else complicated?

How do I use the config file with everything shut off? Do I copy the text on GitHub and then replace the current config file for reduced grinding with the ConfigCopyWithEverythingOff.json or is it anything else complicated?
I haven't updated that in a while. I just updated it, here's the link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/d...nding/master/ConfigCopyWithEverythingOff.json

Yes, Select the text in that link, copy it, then replace the text in the file with it.

I waited a while and he didn't spawn, but it's possible I'm not waiting long enough (my PC likes to freeze if I leave it in a game for a while). I wasn't able to test if the game was reading the configuration, but I have a feeling it's not possible to get a configuration for npc spawning when in a server.

Is anyone else having trouble spawning the stationary merchant, loot merchant, and chest salesman in a server?

I waited a while and he didn't spawn, but it's possible I'm not waiting long enough (my PC likes to freeze if I leave it in a game for a while). I wasn't able to test if the game was reading the configuration, but I have a feeling it's not possible to get a configuration for npc spawning when in a server.

Is anyone else having trouble spawning the stationary merchant, loot merchant, and chest salesman in a server?

Using a multiplayer server, I killed all my NPCs for testing, everyone BUT the Stationary Merchant respawned, over 5-7 in-game days. And with my current mod pack that is around 45 NPCs atm. Will try spawning him in single player next.

Back
Top Bottom