tModLoader The Enigma Mod

Laugic! Your mod is one of my favorites, but i have a very annoying trouble. I play on dedicated server with my friends. When i use The World, it works normally, but in 3-5 minutes after that friends can't pickup any loot. Can you help with that?

Hi. New to this forum.

Just wanted to tell you that my game often crashes. Sometimes everything works fine, sometimes not, but it always happens when I select a Mystic item. Even after I disabled all other mods.

EDIT: Okay, as it turned out it only crashes once after reloading mods. I set up an extra world with a chest which contains a Mystic item so I can intentionally crash my game, then I can continue playing normally.
Yeah, Im aware of this bug- and I'm very sorry that it exists. I'm looking hard to try and figure it out, but since it only happens once after reloading and then it's fine until mod order is switched, I'm really stuck for how to go about it `:cry: Sorry! That's a good workaround you've come up with in the meantime though!
[doublepost=1561246631,1561246577][/doublepost]
Laugic! Your mod is one of my favorites, but i have a very annoying trouble. I play on dedicated server with my friends. When i use The World, it works normally, but in 3-5 minutes after that friends can't pickup any loot. Can you help with that?
If it is really 3-5 minutes later, do you know that it is The World that did it?

Happened to me also, but it happened immediately after killing AnDio, it's probably not the World that does it.

It could as well be a problem with AnDio's time stun ability.

Yeah, Im aware of this bug- and I'm very sorry that it exists. I'm looking hard to try and figure it out, but since it only happens once after reloading and then it's fine until mod order is switched, I'm really stuck for how to go about it `:cry: Sorry! That's a good workaround you've come up with in the meantime though!
[doublepost=1561246631,1561246577][/doublepost]
If it is really 3-5 minutes later, do you know that it is The World that did it?
Okay, i explained myself badly. They can't pickup any loot right after using the World. And it lasts for 3-5 minutes

So on my ranger playthrough with this mod plus many others, I find the bosses to be overly difficult for when you're supposed to fight them. I find the main issue is that they fire way too many projectiles, giving you little room to avoid them and they hit for very high amounts of damage, at least on Expert. It's like you can maybe take 3-4 hits at most before you die. Considering how easy it is to get hit, I don't enjoy fighting the bosses. When compared to other vanilla bosses around the same progression and even some other modded bosses like Thorium's, those are much more fair fights to me. Terraria isn't designed as a bullet hell game, although that's not to say you can't make projectile spam bosses. You don't have the instant acceleration with a tiny hitbox that makes bullet hell games work normally.

The Etherial bosses were even more over the top. On top of even more projectile spam, one hit can deal hundreds of damage. It's like you're not allowed to make any mistakes against the insane amount of projectiles some bosses gain. I'm not even sure how you're supposed to beat some of the bosses like the Queen Bee having super bees that seem to act as meat shields against your homing weapons. In particular, Plantera fires so many projectiles that I have no idea how you're supposed to avoid all of them, especially when each of them hits for hundreds of damage.

It's not that I can't handle a challenge, but I personally feel this might be a bit much. It's not that I don't have mobility options either or some arena setup either. I saw a video of a no hit run against the bosses (although not Etherial bosses), but that's not going to be the norm from the majority of players. Also I don't know how many attempts it took in the video to record a perfect run per boss. It's like the only real chance I have are using the weapons made from Bysmal Bars, which deal extra damage in the Etherial. However, even at reduced damage outside the Etherial, I think they're OP considering when you can get them, at least that was my experience with the ranged weapons.

I do like the new items and even class offered by this mod, including the Etherial dimension. But I dread the bosses.

So on my ranger playthrough with this mod plus many others, I find the bosses to be overly difficult for when you're supposed to fight them. I find the main issue is that they fire way too many projectiles, giving you little room to avoid them and they hit for very high amounts of damage, at least on Expert. It's like you can maybe take 3-4 hits at most before you die. Considering how easy it is to get hit, I don't enjoy fighting the bosses. When compared to other vanilla bosses around the same progression and even some other modded bosses like Thorium's, those are much more fair fights to me. Terraria isn't designed as a bullet hell game, although that's not to say you can't make projectile spam bosses. You don't have the instant acceleration with a tiny hitbox that makes bullet hell games work normally.

The Etherial bosses were even more over the top. On top of even more projectile spam, one hit can deal hundreds of damage. It's like you're not allowed to make any mistakes against the insane amount of projectiles some bosses gain. I'm not even sure how you're supposed to beat some of the bosses like the Queen Bee having super bees that seem to act as meat shields against your homing weapons. In particular, Plantera fires so many projectiles that I have no idea how you're supposed to avoid all of them, especially when each of them hits for hundreds of damage.

It's not that I can't handle a challenge, but I personally feel this might be a bit much. It's not that I don't have mobility options either or some arena setup either. I saw a video of a no hit run against the bosses (although not Etherial bosses), but that's not going to be the norm from the majority of players. Also I don't know how many attempts it took in the video to record a perfect run per boss. It's like the only real chance I have are using the weapons made from Bysmal Bars, which deal extra damage in the Etherial. However, even at reduced damage outside the Etherial, I think they're OP considering when you can get them, at least that was my experience with the ranged weapons.

I do like the new items and even class offered by this mod, including the Etherial dimension. But I dread the bosses.
Laugic has stated he intends to redo several boss fights, so you'll probably be glad to hear that! Not sure when such a thing is coming. Until then, I suggest buffing up as much as you can and using defensive armor (even if your DPS suffers greatly) so you can tank a few hits if worst comes to worst. Do note that all of the Etherial bosses are optional and can be done whenever, aside from Etheria herself, so that could make things easier, if you just ignore most of them for now.

Like Yvori said, I plan on revamping most of the boss fights in the mod. They are still going to be difficult, however their attacks should be more interesting, more telegraphed, and easier to potentially dodge. The Etherial Dimension is meant to be incredibly hard, so I have no plans on making that any easier. However, hopefully you like the new changes that are coming to all of the other bosses in the next updates! Specifically, Dune Sharkron, Hypothema, and Ragnar are getting changed in 0.14- the update coming within a few weeks. The Steam Trio and AnDio are going to be revamped in 0.15, and Etheria's actual fight will probably be changed a bit too for 1.0.

Like Yvori said, I plan on revamping most of the boss fights in the mod. They are still going to be difficult, however their attacks should be more interesting, more telegraphed, and easier to potentially dodge. The Etherial Dimension is meant to be incredibly hard, so I have no plans on making that any easier. However, hopefully you like the new changes that are coming to all of the other bosses in the next updates! Specifically, Dune Sharkron, Hypothema, and Ragnar are getting changed in 0.14- the update coming within a few weeks. The Steam Trio and AnDio are going to be revamped in 0.15, and Etheria's actual fight will probably be changed a bit too for 1.0.
As for the Etherial bosses, I would argue there is a difference between challenging and unfair. I know this is very subjective, so I can't present any facts on that. With that said, how are you supposed to beat Etherial Plantera? Do you need a really long runway? It's just so many projectiles rapidly fired at you that all hit so hard, even when using Etherial accessories. If I come back with super high DPS end game weapons to kill Plantera before I die, the accessory reward might not be worth it at that point compared to when you first can fight Etherial Plantera.

As for the Etherial bosses, I would argue there is a difference between challenging and unfair. I know this is very subjective, so I can't present any facts on that. With that said, how are you supposed to beat Etherial Plantera? Do you need a really long runway? It's just so many projectiles rapidly fired at you that all hit so hard, even when using Etherial accessories. If I come back with super high DPS end game weapons to kill Plantera before I die, the accessory reward might not be worth it at that point compared to when you first can fight Etherial Plantera.
I only tested her above ground. You probably can't beat her in the underground jungle lol

I only tested her above ground. You probably can't beat her in the underground jungle lol
I figured she enraged and was even harder above ground, but if above ground works, I might have at least a chance of winning. Does she still have to remain in the jungle at all or can I basically run across the world to avoid the projectiles? If the latter, I can probably win.

I figured she enraged and was even harder above ground, but if above ground works, I might have at least a chance of winning. Does she still have to remain in the jungle at all or can I basically run across the world to avoid the projectiles? If the latter, I can probably win.
She enrages outside the underground jungle. Normal jungle doesnt mean anything, so you gotta run m8!

Is there any solid release date for the next update? Also does this mod support Thorium? (When I say support, I mean as in does it make thorium items redundant, or boost their use in game?)

Err...
How do I say this...
Could you explain me how do you do to access Etheria via High Priestess using wires.
I need help with that right away.

Hey not sure if anyone has posted this but the obsidium lily acessory does not work.....lava still hurts and i still get the on fire debuff.

Hey not sure if anyone has posted this but the obsidium lily acessory does not work.....lava still hurts and i still get the on fire debuff.
Yup, sorry! Just noticed that I missed that. There is a hotfix going out tomorrow so that fix should be in that as well.

I've been doing a playthrough with the Enigma Mod (Just about the fight Etheria), and a few minutes ago, I updated the Webmilio's Commons Library mod (I think I got that right) and it seems to have broken my character.
here is a hotfix going out tomorrow so that fix should be in that as well.
By any chance could this hotfix fix it?
Hogdambit.jpg

Edit/Update: It's been fixed!

Last edited:
Hey there! Just wanted to say so far the mod is pretty alright from what i've played, despite the bosses being hard (yes I know you're remaking them some time soon) there's one thing I can't find anything about. The soul stone doesn't work no matter what I do, with any of the focus stones... Any help with this? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom