Mobile 1.3 Beta Registration Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had the "failed download/install" glitch happen to me. Lost a lot of progress and this isn't the first time it happened. Will this be fixed in the next update?

I hope everybody having a good time in this topic gets the beta :joy:
I'm having a good time thanks to all of you sharing my hype and hopes for this epic release.
Greetings from Veracruz.
-the broken foot guy xD
Thanks Man! Hopefully you will win to! It will get your mind off the broken foot haha..
[doublepost=1562723753,1562723712][/doublepost]
So hyped good luck to all who applied.
I’m hype!!:happy:

Yep! If I get into the Beta, I will announce it to this thread. If I don’t, I will also announce that. The Mobile Terraria 1.3 update (full release) is close and I can feel it! I can’t wait for that breaking moment to happen. Also, if I get the Beta and I’m allowed to, I’ll upload a short video of basic gameplay to YouTube.

That’s neat to know! Now all we got to do is wait for the results to be shown! ~:D

Will the Drax be able to be found in Shadow Chests after 1.3 comes out? I know you couldn’t find one on PC and Console, but it is a mobile exclusive to find a Drax in a Shadow Chest.

Yep! If I get into the Beta, I will announce it to this thread. If I don’t, I will also announce that. The Mobile Terraria 1.3 update (full release) is close and I can feel it! I can’t wait for that breaking moment to happen. Also, if I get the Beta and I’m allowed to, I’ll upload a short video of basic gameplay to YouTube.
It's not a good idea to make it known that you are a beta tester, you would be deluged with questions and endlessly pestered by people wanting to know things. You would likely be strongly discouraged by the powers-that-be from making that public. This is meant to be kind of a secretive process, likely requiring that you sign (and adhere to) a legally binding non-disclosure agreement.

To all: it seems to me that many of you think this is more like "early access" than actual serious testing. This isn't a contest to see who gets to brag to their friends that they got to fight Moon Lord on mobile first. There are specific things that require more people to test and give honest feedback about.

Disclaimer - these are just my observations from the thread, I'm not involved in selecting people for beta testing.

It's not a good idea to make it known that you are a beta tester, you would be deluged with questions and endlessly pestered by people wanting to know things. You would likely be strongly discouraged by the powers-that-be from making that public. This is meant to be kind of a secretive process, likely requiring that you sign (and adhere to) a legally binding non-disclosure agreement.

To all: it seems to me that many of you think this is more like "early access" than actual serious testing. This isn't a contest to see who gets to brag to their friends that they got to fight Moon Lord on mobile first. There are specific things that require more people to test and give honest feedback about.

Disclaimer - these are just my observations from the thread, I'm not involved in selecting people for beta testing.
Agreed..but I just wish they made the beta public to everyone who own the game to try it and send feedback..the more people get to test the beta the more feedback will be given..that's my opinion and it's all up to the team to decide
Good Day!

I have basically completed Terraria mobile and now I have something really cool to look forward too. Just one question do you have an estimated release date for 1.3 mobile.

Got it! I will keep my testing (If I get in) a secret! And yes, I want to get in the Beta so I can test it, not for early access. I will start to brag to my friends a little when the update is out of it’s Beta stage and is officially out (I won’t brag that I was a beta tester if I was)

In the event that I am chosen, would it be a problem if I cannot test for a week? Im going to a business camp that will help me be able to start my own business one day. It will be from Sun. 28 to Sat. 3.

Agreed..but I just wish they made the beta public to everyone who own the game to try it and send feedback..the more people get to test the beta the more feedback will be given..that's my opinion and it's all up to the team to decide
Good Day!

There is a balance between feedback/bugs and sheer utter chaos. No one here is a AAA studio with a 150 person QA department to go over messages sent in by thousands and thousands of people (likely in a variety of levels of quality of reporting). That is the balance being attempted here.

The mobile version has already seen a TON of internal testing by this point, trust me. :)

As @Tunnel King noted, letting on that you have access is a terrible idea for your stress levels. You can and will be pestered to death to show info. It's not worth it. The idea here is finding people that truly are doing this for the betterment of the game vs getting to play early or having bragging rights. ;)

Will the Drax be able to be found in Shadow Chests after 1.3 comes out? I know you couldn’t find one on PC and Console, but it is a mobile exclusive to find a Drax in a Shadow Chest.

Nope.

Just had the "failed download/install" glitch happen to me. Lost a lot of progress and this isn't the first time it happened. Will this be fixed in the next update?

Anyone having issues with current world loads on mobile, I would absolutely wait and see if 1.3 fixes things - do not delete anything!

It’s probably getting removed to set up the update’s first few months, but it should make an eventual return in 1.3.1, or even earlier! ~:)

As mentioned in a prior SOTG update, Mobile 1.3 opens up file access via the Files apps native to Android and Google. So, it will work much like it would, say, on PC. Where you can move/copy files between Cloud and Local, make backups, etc. Yes, that would include the ability to copy worlds. Yes that is cheating - but Terraria is not an MMO, MOBA, or otherwise competitive online game. So - the only person you are cheating is yourself. :)

Are there currently any setting that will fix performance because my phone can lag sometimes also I change my discord name a lot so the name I applied with isnt the name I have now so would this mess up my chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom