Mobile News Update - Online Multiplayer Revealed!

Nice work Loki! I'm really hope the mobile coming very soon! But i wonder something. Is there my mobile 1.2 data after 1.3 update??

Pre-1.3 worlds and characters should transfer fine. The system saves backups of the originals in case there are any issues.

Will we be able to see what servers or rooms are available when looking on multiplayer internet instantly, or do we have to put in specific data first to join a room (kinda exclusive like). You also mentioned that similiar to minecraft, official servers will be hosted, so does that mean we can just tap on one and join a world or do you also have to search it up. I know you mentioned youd have to input ip addresses and what not but im just curious as to how accesible servers are to just jump into a random game.

There will not be some master server list. Such a thing would only be possible via centralized hosting (like competitive online games) - and Terraria really isn't set up that way. You will need IP/Port/Password (if there is one) to join. Once you have joined a server in the past, however, it will appear on your list. Terraria has never really had a "join random game" setting on PC (or maybe on any platform that I can recall).

The "official" servers thing was not something that I said was 100% GOING to happen - I said it was being discussed. *If* it occurs, it will likely take one of the forms below, again, following what we see on PC:
  • There could be centralized server hosts that rent you personal space for your online play with friends. We have discussed internally seeing if we could make some portion of this more "official" in the vein of Minecraft Realms. This would be a paid server rental.
  • Anyone that wanted to could set up a server on their PC and then publicly share their credentials and invite anyone that wanted to join to do so (I would not advise this!)
  • Anyone could come on here and use our Quick Hook Up or Terraria Servers section to advertise their server and then choose who they want to join and just PM the interested parties with the info.

Hope that helps!

Estou animado espero poder jogar logo, este que inspira criatividade e dedicação em suas criações. Aposto de deve estar incrivel.!!!

Loki or any other developer can you please give us an estimated date as to when the 1.3 update might come out?

Last edited:
I hope this message doesnt get buried in the comments but I keep getting an error;
System.DIINotFoundExeption: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exeption from HRESULT:0x8007007E)
at
Steamworks.NativeMethhods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(Appld_tunOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize0
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable'1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String* args. Boolean monoArgs)

* is the vertical rectangle thing(i couldnt type it)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I hope this message doesnt get buried in the comments but I keep getting an error;
System.DIINotFoundExeption: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exeption from HRESULT:0x8007007E)
at
Steamworks.NativeMethhods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(Appld_tunOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize0
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable'1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String* args. Boolean monoArgs)

* is the vertical rectangle thing(i couldnt type it)

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Hi @Jeff834654647, welcome to the forums. :) Try reading through this thread and see if any of the methods work for you. PC - Terraria wont start

If you have more questions, you can ask in the thread that I linked.

I just downloaded Terraria for android in this week and im learning that 1.3 is almost came... God how can i be lucky like that. Yes i couldnt get beta maybe but np it'll come and i'll play Terraria 7/24 then... ❤

If the beta's out for mobile, then don't you guys have an estimated release for the 1.3 update yet

Just a reminder - final requirement specs for devices have NOT been completely determined yet. I wouldn't go by what someone else said or heard.

I believe Loki said during the stream that they hope to have some better information on that for this month's State of the Game post, likely next week.

1 GB RAM is likely the minimum amount, but there are a lot of factors that go into making the game run acceptably to well. Newer devices are going to be more likely to run the game well because in general newer devices are just "better" overall. Older devices may have slower processors/graphics/memory, and some may no longer have current OS support. Just some things to keep in mind. There's likely going to be a sliding scale of performance, just as there is with PCs.

The mobile device industry - gaming and otherwise - is geared toward encouraging consumers to replace and upgrade frequently. It's a reality we all have to deal with, unfortunately. At some point, upgrading becomes a necessity rather than just a luxury.

The mobile device industry - gaming and otherwise - is geared toward encouraging consumers to replace and upgrade frequently. It's a reality we all have to deal with, unfortunately. At some point, upgrading becomes a necessity rather than just a luxury.

Yes. Adaptation. Add value to our lives.
Such a massive update requires (in theory) a massive update to our hardware.
I own a 1 year old phone (Xiaomi Mi Max 3 with a huge 6.98" screen) and the second that company announces the next one, it's a must to get it to stay update and add value to my life.
Alright, this is my personal view in how you should invest in technology.
Perhaps most terrarians are underage and don't have the means to get a new phone, but I really hope most of you get the beta and that your phones performs just well.

Greetings
-The broken foot guy, 32 years old mobile Terrarian.

I'm excited for the update! It's so close! Also, I was playing mobile today and got the Terra Blade and the Death Sickle!

It's great that mobile players will finally be able to experience the amazing 1.3 update with a simple yet great multiplayer addition.

Will the Online Multiplayer on mobile be compatible with PC players joining?

I would not assume that crossplay will be possible unless stated otherwise in a different announcement. Right now from the info in this Thread, it looks like it will be possible for Mobile players to play online together, regardless of whether they use Iphone OS or Android. It doesn't mean that it will possible for PC players to play with Mobile players. Also considering the Steam PC version is on update 1.3.5.3, all platforms would have to catchup to be the same version as PC in order for crossplay to be possible.

As it is now, crossplay will still not be possible.

Back
Top Bottom