Mobile News Update - Online Multiplayer Revealed!

They didn't promise a quick release date that long ago. What are you talking about?
That is true. For the past three years, they said “Q3 *insert year here*.” They never said very soon till now, thank goodness. I am really excited for the update and I hope it comes in the next month or two.

Here’s somethings I hate about how they are picking people for mobile 1.3 Beta:
1. It’s completely random. So someone who has played for 1 week could be picked instead of someone who played since launch (like me). They also said it was “very selective,” which it isn’t.
2. I feel like they treat it like you “win” it and it’s like more of an early access thing rather than serious testing.
3. You can “win” a spot in the Beta testing by doing stuff on Discord like a challenge or trivia. The trivia is impossible because of auto typing bots, so that’s out of the question (pun intended). The challenge is cool and all, but it shouldn’t be exploited just so someone (who hasn’t even applied) can “win” a spot in testing. I mean heck, even Re-Logic, the people who created Terraria, was shocked at this process (although they can’t control it). This was not what I was expecting and this was just my opinion. And besides, isn’t it supposed to be secret?

Last edited:
1. It’s completely random. So someone who has played for 1 week could be picked instead of someone who played since launch (like me).
2. I feel like they treat it like you “win” it and it doesn’t feel like it’s serious testing.
Just my opinion.
I agree. The whole process was nothing like they said.
However, I did chat on discord about the matter, and apparently, Re-Logic is surprised too. They thought it was gonna be *very selective*, but they told me the process was out of Re-Logic's control.

1. It’s completely random. So someone who has played for 1 week could be picked instead of someone who played since launch (like me). They also said it was “very selective,” which it isn’t.
2. I feel like they treat it like you “win” it and they treat it like more of an early access thing rather than serious testing.
Just my opinion.

However, I did chat on discord about the matter, and apparently, Re-Logic is surprised too. They thought it was gonna be *very selective*, but they told me the process was out of Re-Logic's control.

I’m also sticking to both of your opinions as well! The tight number of selections for the Beta (about 200 + around 5 each day), combined with a random-number-generator puts everyone who participated in luck’s mercy, which should definitely not be the case, as there could be a few people who are capable of efficiently working in the Beta within the enormous pool of 10k+ potential volunteers who missed out because of bad RNG, and that it gets rid of the “very selective” motives the selection should have. I believe that it would be more plausible if they could have at least read some of the forms to see if a tester is worthy of doing such task by having a meaningful purpose and takeaway to the Beta test (although they could have done so). So, in short, raffling many important positions can be very risky to the game update’s progression, as there are many factors that can slow down progression. ~:(

I’m also sticking to both of your opinions as well! The tight number of selections for the Beta (about 200 + around 5 each day), combined with a random-number-generator puts everyone who participated in luck’s mercy, which should definitely not be the case, as there could be a few people who are capable of efficiently working in the Beta within the enormous pool of 10k+ potential volunteers who missed out because of bad RNG, and that it gets rid of the “very selective” motives the selection should have. I believe that it would be more plausible if they could have at least read some of the forms to see if a tester is worthy of doing such task by having a meaningful purpose and takeaway to the Beta test (although they could have done so). So, in short, raffling many important positions can be very risky to the game update’s progression, as there are many factors that can slow down progression. ~:(
Yes! Yes! Yes!

2. I feel like they treat it like you “win” it and it’s like more of an early access thing rather than serious testing.
Just my opinion.
yes they picked that 200 ppl randomly.. its kinda disapointing at first but they said that they will review the applications starting yesterday.. and thats where the 5 ppl per day comes in... they picked that 5 guys from the forms u gave to them... sooo yeah.. the 1st was kinda disapointing... cuz they said it was selective.. but now it is surely selective...
if this is true.. then they kinda :red:ed up ~:D~:cry:
Wait do we still keep our cloud save characters?
yes... but u need to manually put your cloud save files to the game files when the update comes in ~:D

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Loki, post: 1787340, membro: 7"] Saudações, Terrarians!

Hoje cedo, realizamos uma transmissão ao vivo da comunidade diretamente do Terraria Mobile 1.3 rodando em um de nossos telefones! Enquanto isso é certamente muito legal - e nós realmente agradecemos a todos que pararam para conversar conosco - nós queríamos compartilhar a grande notícia vinda desse fluxo para qualquer um que não pudesse comparecer.

[ATTACH = completo] 223950 [/ ATTACH]​

O Terraria Mobile 1.3 será lançado com o Multiplayer Online!

É isso mesmo - pela primeira vez, os Mobile Terrarians poderão se conectar e jogar com seus amigos, independentemente do local. É claro que o multiplayer local (na mesma rede wifi) ainda está muito incluído, como você pode ver na tela acima. Sabemos que esta é uma das maiores coisas que os Terrarians Móveis desejaram - bem, isso e 1.3 - por um longo tempo, então estamos muito animados para ver isso se concretizar.

[ATTACH = completo] 223951 [/ ATTACH]

[ATTACH = completo] 223952 [/ ATTACH]

Claro, há muitos detalhes nos bastidores que você deveria saber, então vamos mergulhar!

Como isso funcionará?
  • O modo multijogador online funciona como o multijogador não-Steam PC. Isso significa que você precisará inserir o endereço IP do host, junto com a porta e qualquer senha definida pelo host.
  • Depois de inserir todas essas informações e tocar em "Join", você está dentro!
  • Escolhemos esse método para garantir que os players Android e iOS possam ser reproduzidos juntos, em vez de aderir aos sistemas específicos da família de dispositivos. É um pouco mais complexo, mas abre muito mais possibilidades - e jogadores.
  • Lembre-se de que o desempenho e afins dependerão das especificações do dispositivo e da sua rede. Conectar-se através de um dispositivo suportado de baixo custo em uma conexão 3G, obviamente, verá mais problemas em potencial do que um dispositivo topo de linha, em vez de um wifi extremamente rápido. ;)

Que tal hospedar sessões multiplayer online?

• O ambiente de hospedagem mais estável é possível através de um Mobile Server App independente para PC. Isso funciona de maneira semelhante ao servidor dedicado que os PC Terrarians usam há anos. Basta executar o programa, digite algumas opções e está tudo pronto para começar!

• You can also host via your mobile device - again, you will need to make sure that you have your port forwarded on your wifi/router.
    • Once you do so, you can start a mobile hosted game and provide your IP address (What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More) to your friends
    • Reminder once again that hosting MP sessions is a demanding task - so make sure the person with the best device and network is hosting - and we cannot promise that a 4 year old device is going to be able to host like a modern one can. :)
    • See Limitations section below for more details.

• Share your IP address with your buddies (along with any password that you set) and you should be playing together in minutes.
  • Hosted online servers are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED be on wifi for the host device/PC (clients can be on whatever connection). The reason for this is multi-faceted, but primarily it falls to mobile/cell data not always being stable and fast enough to handle host & play duties coupled with the potential for shifting IP addresses as the host device pings different cell towers (which would immediately kick everyone at the very least... lots of issues there!)
  • Use of mobile data hosting works as well, depending on your connection speed and stability - but is generally less reliable, so caveat emptor!
    • The team has found personal hotspots can also work quite well.

• We know this may be daunting for some folks (but really, once you have port-forwarding done, its a breeze)
  • That said, the team is looking into doing some professionally-hosted servers that would be available for rent by anyone that wants to pay a monthly fee to a server host in order to remove the hassle (sort of how Minecraft Realms operates) - we will share more details there when we have them. This would be purely optional, of course.

What are the limitations?

• The team targeted and has done extensive testing with 2-8 players. However, we are looking into expanding that to as much as 16 in the future - no promises though! :)
  • On local connections (same wifi), remember that the hosting device will be shouldering a lot of the load - so older/less capable devices will struggle more with performance and may not be able to host as many players as a newer device. There are too many devices out there to be able to pinpoint which device can do what (especially in regards to Android), so some experimentation may be needed. ;)
  • It bears repeating that performance and the like will be dependent on device specifications and your network. Connecting via a lower-end supported device on a 3G connection will obviously see more potential issues than a top end device over blazing fast wifi. ;)

We are sure that you all probably have TONS of additional questions - so we will do our level best to answer as many of those here as possible. Fire away!

That said, we hope that you are as excited as we are to finally see online multiplayer come to pass on Terraria Mobile! The team has some other very intriguing potential plans in this space and others... so we would encourage everyone to watch this space very closely and stay tuned for more juicy details!

Cheers - and here's to Mobile Terraria 1.3 coming very soon![/QUOTE]

Will all of my progress be saved when the update comes out bc me and my brother already created a world which we worked verry hard on.

What is the probability that I will get a beta test?how many participants on the beta test?
(sorry for the wrong english)

[QUOTE = "Loki, post: 1787340, membro: 7"] Saudações, Terrarians!

Hoje cedo, realizamos uma transmissão ao vivo da comunidade diretamente do Terraria Mobile 1.3 rodando em um de nossos telefones! Enquanto isso é certamente muito legal - e nós realmente agradecemos a todos que pararam para conversar conosco - nós queríamos compartilhar a grande notícia vinda desse fluxo para qualquer um que não pudesse comparecer.

[ATTACH = completo] 223950 [/ ATTACH]​

O Terraria Mobile 1.3 será lançado com o Multiplayer Online!

É isso mesmo - pela primeira vez, os Mobile Terrarians poderão se conectar e jogar com seus amigos, independentemente do local. É claro que o multiplayer local (na mesma rede wifi) ainda está muito incluído, como você pode ver na tela acima. Sabemos que esta é uma das maiores coisas que os Terrarians Móveis desejaram - bem, isso e 1.3 - por um longo tempo, então estamos muito animados para ver isso se concretizar.

[ATTACH = completo] 223951 [/ ATTACH]

[ATTACH = completo] 223952 [/ ATTACH]

Claro, há muitos detalhes nos bastidores que você deveria saber, então vamos mergulhar!

Como isso funcionará?
  • O modo multijogador online funciona como o multijogador não-Steam PC. Isso significa que você precisará inserir o endereço IP do host, junto com a porta e qualquer senha definida pelo host.
  • Depois de inserir todas essas informações e tocar em "Join", você está dentro!
  • Escolhemos esse método para garantir que os players Android e iOS possam ser reproduzidos juntos, em vez de aderir aos sistemas específicos da família de dispositivos. É um pouco mais complexo, mas abre muito mais possibilidades - e jogadores.
  • Lembre-se de que o desempenho e afins dependerão das especificações do dispositivo e da sua rede. Conectar-se através de um dispositivo suportado de baixo custo em uma conexão 3G, obviamente, verá mais problemas em potencial do que um dispositivo topo de linha, em vez de um wifi extremamente rápido. ;)

Que tal hospedar sessões multiplayer online?

• O ambiente de hospedagem mais estável é possível através de um Mobile Server App independente para PC. Isso funciona de maneira semelhante ao servidor dedicado que os PC Terrarians usam há anos. Basta executar o programa, digite algumas opções e está tudo pronto para começar!

• You can also host via your mobile device - again, you will need to make sure that you have your port forwarded on your wifi/router.
    • Once you do so, you can start a mobile hosted game and provide your IP address (What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More) to your friends
    • Reminder once again that hosting MP sessions is a demanding task - so make sure the person with the best device and network is hosting - and we cannot promise that a 4 year old device is going to be able to host like a modern one can. :)
    • See Limitations section below for more details.

• Share your IP address with your buddies (along with any password that you set) and you should be playing together in minutes.
  • Hosted online servers are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED be on wifi for the host device/PC (clients can be on whatever connection). The reason for this is multi-faceted, but primarily it falls to mobile/cell data not always being stable and fast enough to handle host & play duties coupled with the potential for shifting IP addresses as the host device pings different cell towers (which would immediately kick everyone at the very least... lots of issues there!)
  • Use of mobile data hosting works as well, depending on your connection speed and stability - but is generally less reliable, so caveat emptor!
    • The team has found personal hotspots can also work quite well.

• We know this may be daunting for some folks (but really, once you have port-forwarding done, its a breeze)
  • That said, the team is looking into doing some professionally-hosted servers that would be available for rent by anyone that wants to pay a monthly fee to a server host in order to remove the hassle (sort of how Minecraft Realms operates) - we will share more details there when we have them. This would be purely optional, of course.

What are the limitations?

• The team targeted and has done extensive testing with 2-8 players. However, we are looking into expanding that to as much as 16 in the future - no promises though! :)
  • On local connections (same wifi), remember that the hosting device will be shouldering a lot of the load - so older/less capable devices will struggle more with performance and may not be able to host as many players as a newer device. There are too many devices out there to be able to pinpoint which device can do what (especially in regards to Android), so some experimentation may be needed. ;)
  • It bears repeating that performance and the like will be dependent on device specifications and your network. Connecting via a lower-end supported device on a 3G connection will obviously see more potential issues than a top end device over blazing fast wifi. ;)

We are sure that you all probably have TONS of additional questions - so we will do our level best to answer as many of those here as possible. Fire away!

That said, we hope that you are as excited as we are to finally see online multiplayer come to pass on Terraria Mobile! The team has some other very intriguing potential plans in this space and others... so we would encourage everyone to watch this space very closely and stay tuned for more juicy details!

Cheers - and here's to Mobile Terraria 1.3 coming very soon!
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom