Switch Getting kicked out on autosave in a multiplayer world

robotzurg

Terrarian
This has been happening 90% of the time on our online world, me and my friend are attempting to play online but every time it autosaves, I get kicked out nearly every time, and my friend occasionally gets kicked as well (he's the host).

It's seriously hindering our progress, can't do anything without it kicking us out... Is this known? Basically a game-breaking bug.

This has been happening 90% of the time on our online world, me and my friend are attempting to play online but every time it autosaves, I get kicked out nearly every time, and my friend occasionally gets kicked as well (he's the host).

It's seriously hindering our progress, can't do anything without it kicking us out... Is this known? Basically a game-breaking bug.
Hi there @robotzurg, thanks for sharing this info, it sounds frustrating for sure.

If you haven't already, I suggest sending this info directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) here:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (Another link in case the first is closed)

You probably won't get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven't heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now. Pipeworks has submitted a patch, and we're waiting on Nintendo to approve it.

Last edited:
This is happening to me too, I’ll log a bug. I’m only about 10 hours into this world, but it is large and there’s a giant underground ocean which I assume is CPU-intensive.

This is happening to me too, I’ll log a bug. I’m only about 10 hours into this world, but it is large and there’s a giant underground ocean which I assume is CPU-intensive.
Thanks for adding in your experience with this @Nite.

I’m wondering now if the host’s internet connection has anything to do with the disconnection - if you send in a report maybe mention how strong/weak that is. Alternatively try having the other player host the same size world and see if it still disconnects frequently.

The only way my friend and I have been able to fix this is by disabling auto save, then every time we make significant progress in the world we save it.
also it seamed to be worse after the update then before.

The only way my friend and I have been able to fix this is by disabling auto save, then every time we make significant progress in the world we save it.
Yeah, it's definitely worse after the update

Yeah, it's definitely worse after the update
Sorry to hear this guys. If you have a moment, be sure to send as much detail about what you're experiencing to the developers here and be sure to let them know that it's after the most recent patch: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

I found turning off the auto save stopped the lagging a little and the crashing however it still saves

Back
Top Bottom